It's quiet, too quiet...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 01:03 PM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's quiet, too quiet...

Ok, here are a couple items to stir things up a bit:

1) Who do you like for the super bowl, Bears or Colts?
- I'm leaning towards the Colts myself.

2) I heard the Gov on the radio today promising to lower income AND property taxes... He said the state would increase their share of school funding, so the local govt can reduce their school property tax rate.
- That would be nice, but something tells me once the schools get more state money, they'll come up with a reason to keep the property taxes where they are

Old 02-02-2007, 05:29 AM
bucks77ford
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I like the colts....Bears defense will be tough, but I think their offense won't get things done. All the colts have to do is score a couple times which won't be hard to do. It will be a good game.

As far as the taxes are concerned, It would be great to have the income and property taxes lowered, but my concern would be, "what's the catch". Something else would come up to even that playing field to generate the tax revenue for the government. Those are two big categories for tax revenue. By lowering those, something else would more than likely come up. Maybe not initially, but eventually.

Your Right, it's quiet in this forum. I have spending a great deal of time on my computer because "ITS SO DAMN COLD OUT"... Getting down to -14 tonight.

Old 02-02-2007, 08:26 AM
TwelveAlpha
Elder User
I dont pay a lot of attention to animal issues so bears and horses have not much interest to me.
Taxes I pay a LOT of attention to since everyone always wants to figure out another way to get a bigger piece of it. But I think I've got 'em all beat on wits. If I dont make anything, they cant tax anything. So I'm thinking quit working and going into poverty might have some up sides :-)

Old 02-02-2007, 10:57 AM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Hey TA, great idea... I've mentioned that to the wife a couple times, but she doesn't like the poverty idea. What's with that? At least that way, I'd get a refund from the IRS, instead of owing money!

I've lived in Pennsylvainia, Colorado, Montana, and now Nebraska. I have to say, Nebraska is the most taxed place I've been. I'm sure Pennsylvainia has increased since I was there in 1991. Still, in NE we pay an income tax, high sales tax, high vehicle taxes, and obscene amounts in property taxes.

Old 02-02-2007, 12:03 PM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats why I live in Heaven.... Oh I mean Iowa...

Old 02-04-2007, 06:49 AM
bucks77ford
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I think I'm starting to hear crickets.

Old 02-04-2007, 12:33 PM
mikebon08
Posting Guru

My property taxes went down this year....don't know if the rate dropped, or just the advantage of having a 23-year-old mobile home .

Income taxes....that's something else. My income's gone up the last three years but income taxes have gone up faster. I thought about buying an old camper, I could drive it to work and maybe even just live in the company parking lot, but that idea met some resistance from my wife.

Old 02-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Strokerin
Cross-Country
Originally Posted by mikebon08
My property taxes went down this year....don't know if the rate dropped, or just the advantage of having a 23-year-old mobile home .

Income taxes....that's something else. My income's gone up the last three years but income taxes have gone up faster. I thought about buying an old camper, I could drive it to work and maybe even just live in the company parking lot, but that idea met some resistance from my wife.
Thats alright. I've actually topped pathetic. In the summer time I take a tent to work and camp out on the lawn. Nothin' like sitting in the lawn chair enjoying a cold one and watching those suckers come in for the night shift.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:02 AM
FordTrucksKickGM
Posting Guru
Yeah its been quiet. Dam cabin fever is setting in. Its way too cold to do anything but sit on the net and look for more trucks to buy while the ones I got are sittin around freezing.lol

Old 02-06-2007, 12:49 PM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by FordTrucksKickGM
Yeah its been quiet. Dam cabin fever is setting in. Its way too cold to do anything but sit on the net and look for more trucks to buy while the ones I got are sittin around freezing.lol
I'll help you out with that... I am going to pass on that F150 over by Home Depot in S. City.... it's all yours, I'll send you a PM with the guy's phone number. I never made him an offer, it's got more rust than I want to tackle.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:54 PM
FordTrucksKickGM
Posting Guru
I havent gone and looked at it yet. Ive got a lead on a 77 F-150 4x4 parts truck thats close to my house. I can probably get it real cheap. Its in pretty bad shape but its an XLT with a few good parts. I will keep that short bed in mind tho.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:06 PM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
I think if the box on that short-bed was in better shape, I would have seriously considered it... It does have working factory AC however, and that hole in the passenger floor board helps too!