1978 - 1996 Big Bronco  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP:86 BRONCO,BRAKE BOOSTER REPLACEMENT.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2000, 06:09 PM
kjb63
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi i have a 86 bronco that needs the brake booster replaced,i know it cost about $75.00 for the part. but what i need to know is. is it hard to do.i have change the calipers,rotors,all the back brake stuff and the exhaust ,all today.so i hope i can do the booster.if there's someone out there that can give me i in and outs i'd be very happy. please reply. thank you. ken.

Old 06-20-2000, 08:06 PM
Bob_VT
Elder User

EASY FIX !! You will remove the 2 bolts holding the master cylinder on the booster and just let the master cylinder move aside. DO NOT (you don't have to) REMOVE THE BRAKE LINES. Now you will spend some time on your back inside the car.
Disconnect the brake pedal and brake switch...no tools required, you just pull the brake switch pin, slide the bushing off and push the pedal off the shaft to the booster. Remove the 4 (four) nuts that hold the booster onto the firewall (remember you are still inside on your back). Once the nuts are removed go into the engine compartment and pull the booster away from the firewall. Now reverse the proceedure and re assembly. Just take your time and do it right.

Old 06-25-2000, 04:38 AM
kjb63
New User

BOB.VT.

Thanks for the help with the booster.put it in the other day it went pretty smooth.

Old 01-05-2003, 02:51 PM
RyanGruhn
Senior User

Hey!

I did the same (replaced my brake booster) about 4 months ago. It seemed to have been rusted out and replacing it helped the hissing sound I was hearing (fromt he excaping air). But I am now seeing a run of some sort of liquid (most likly brake fluid) down the front of the booster, right under the cyl. Is this something to worry about? I know that the warrenty that came with the booster said if the cyl is leaking it will void the warrenty. Is mine leaking? Should I worry about this?

Ryan

Old 01-05-2003, 04:03 PM
steve83
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts