Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 09:35 PM
John311t
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vibration

Replaced the carrier bearing, it was shot. I thought that was the source of the problem for the vibration but it was not. It has a shudder/vibration with small amount of throttle pressure after the TC is locked up. It shakes the whole truck, if i give it more throttle, it become the shuddering almost dissappears. It happens between 45-70 until the RPMS are higher. Could this be T.C shudder?

Old 02-01-2007, 12:30 AM
ballbandit
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Something to check is the yoke on the rearend. My truck is a 00 f350 sc long bed and going about 70 my center console would shake back and forth. I changed shocks,rotors,tires and wheels, carrier bearing, driveshaft balanced, ujoints, trans mount, clutch and finally found out that my rear yoke would move up and down due to my nut backed off causing my pinnion to go in and hitting my carrier. I put a new nut and crush collar in to take out the play and what do you know it took care of my vibration after about a year of scratching my head and asking everybody about it. The reason for it was more than likely to many truck pull days.