2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

My 2007 EL EB 4x4 is Here!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 11:05 PM
2001F250Crew2wdPSD
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 2007 EL EB 4x4 is Here!

Got the call today. It was built on 1/23 and had a scheduled delivery date of 2/12 but showed today. So I went over to take a look, I just hope my kids don't get that beige carpet to dirty. I may try some pre treatment. As I was checking out the power fold seat and lift gate I fould something that may come to bother me. If you remove the key, the power is only on to the seats and lift gate until the head liner lights time out. So you could be in the middle of lowering a seat and then it all stops. Then you have to open another door or hit the key pad to get the lights and power to come back on. I guesss I could always bypass the relay which I heard clicking close to the switches.

Other than that, she looks really nice. I love the graystone/camel two tone seats.

We pick it up tomorrow and get the $1000 rebate and 5.9% for 60 months. The salesman said that they don't have to enter the deal into the computer until 10 or 11am on 2/1. So if the incentives change on Feb 1, for the better, I'll be able to take advantage of them.

Old 01-31-2007, 09:37 AM
Randy B
Junior User
Originally Posted by 2001F250Crew2wdPSD
Got the call today. It was built on 1/23 and had a scheduled delivery date of 2/12 but showed today. So I went over to take a look, I just hope my kids don't get that beige carpet to dirty. I may try some pre treatment. As I was checking out the power fold seat and lift gate I fould something that may come to bother me. If you remove the key, the power is only on to the seats and lift gate until the head liner lights time out. So you could be in the middle of lowering a seat and then it all stops. Then you have to open another door or hit the key pad to get the lights and power to come back on. I guesss I could always bypass the relay which I heard clicking close to the switches.

Other than that, she looks really nice. I love the graystone/camel two tone seats.

We pick it up tomorrow and get the $1000 rebate and 5.9% for 60 months. The salesman said that they don't have to enter the deal into the computer until 10 or 11am on 2/1. So if the incentives change on Feb 1, for the better, I'll be able to take advantage of them.
Not for nothing, however I am quite sure you can better a interest rate through a local credit union. I was able to get 3.9% from C/U when I bought the new truck back in October.

Randy B

Old 01-31-2007, 10:03 PM
Dave_N
New User
First of all congrats! We picked our EB EL two weeks ago (didn't order, found exactly what we wanted in the dealer's stock). It's so nice to have another Expy (we had a '97 that we traded in on an '06 F150 Super Crew last year).

As I was checking out the power fold seat and lift gate I fould something that may come to bother me. If you remove the key, the power is only on to the seats and lift gate until the head liner lights time out. So you could be in the middle of lowering a seat and then it all stops. Then you have to open another door or hit the key pad to get the lights and power to come back on. I guesss I could always bypass the relay which I heard clicking close to the switches.
I read in the owner's manual that the power folding rear seats are supposed to retain power for 40 minutes. You may want to read through your manual to double check this but if that's correct you may want them to look into that at your first oil change.

Once again, congrats and many happy miles to you.

Dave N.

Old 02-02-2007, 01:47 PM
expy03
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How is the new Expy? I just placed an order today for mine. '07 EB 4x4 no nav or dvd but 2nd row Captains Chairs. Could not find any EB's anywhere w/ 2nd row capt. chairs. Curious when you placed the order and where in Va are you from? I live in Chesapeake, VA and the dealer told me 4 to 6 weeks, the '03 I ordered in April '02 showed up a month later.

Old 02-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Dave_N
New User
Red face

We love our EB EL. It's much more smooth, quiet, and luxurious that I expected. We dropped our son off at a friend's house and while we were talking to the parents (we were sitting in the Expy) I thought I had shut the engine off because I couldn't tell it was running. Good thing I didn't instinctively reach for the key to start it up

Also, the 6 speed tranny is such a welcome change. Compared to my '06 Super Crew, the Expy feels like it accelerates much faster than the truck even though the truck is lighter.

I'm located in Massachussetts and I searched all throughout the state to find the combo that we wanted. Fortunately, it was at a dealer that was 30 minutes from my local dealer and they arranged a trade. So I didn't have to order mine and wait for it. Back in Nov '96 we ordered our '97 Expy and it was supposed to take 8 weeks. A couple of weeks later, the dealer called and said that a person who had ordered one backed out of the deal and offered it to us - so I've been lucky both times and didn't have to wait what would seem like an eternity to get the Expy.

Post pictures of your Expy as soon as you get it.

Dave

Old 02-02-2007, 09:52 PM
2001F250Crew2wdPSD
Senior User
Originally Posted by expy03
How is the new Expy? I just placed an order today for mine. '07 EB 4x4 no nav or dvd but 2nd row Captains Chairs. Could not find any EB's anywhere w/ 2nd row capt. chairs. Curious when you placed the order and where in Va are you from? I live in Chesapeake, VA and the dealer told me 4 to 6 weeks, the '03 I ordered in April '02 showed up a month later.
Well we have kids so the DVD was a must. I had to make a TV box for my 01 F250 CC to secure the TV between the 2 front seats. It was functional but not as nice as the DVD player. The kids watched a little of Ice Age 2 yesterday and the surround sound played through the main system is unreal.

Ours took right at 6 weeks. I wanted the rear air suspension and no nav or sunroof. I could find 4x4 EL EB's with nav and sunroof but couldn't find one with rear air suspension, so we ordered.

You will be happy with yours. Only 100 miles and we love it. I'm just concerned about all the electronics, DVD, power fold seats, power lift gate, power vent windows, a/c seats. I'm actually thinking about the extended warranty. I know the engine is sound, but I just hope the new tranny doen't give any problems. It shifts so nice though.

We bought ours at Purvis Ford in Fredericksburg. We paid invoice and got the 5.9 for 60 months and the $1000 towards the down payment. No changes to incentives for Feb. I don't really know if Ford will increase the rebate any more than the current $1000, since they already lower the MSRP on thses trucks by $4000.

Old 02-03-2007, 08:19 AM
expy03
Senior User
Thanks for the reply. I too have concerns about all the electronics. The '03 I have has had all kinds of little electrical problems. New altenator at 80k, new power window switch at 85k, passenger door power lock actuator, passenger ventelated seat switch, ...etc. Nothing major but all should have lasted much longer. Is it just a Ford quality problem or is it a function of all the electronics and the massive amount of power that they draw from the truck? I still think the Expy is the best thing on the market. My sister owns a Sequoia and hates having to take the heavy third row seat out and store it.

We also got ours at invoice and realy did not have to haggle. Times have changed.

Old 02-03-2007, 12:35 PM
2001F250Crew2wdPSD
Senior User
Well With your experiences we may just opt for the extended warranty. I've never purchased one before.

One thing I saw today got me pissed. The RR 3rd seat cover has ripped. I think what happen was the plastic cover for the hinge popped out and when the power seat was put in the down position the cover ripped the seat cover. I guess I'm heading to the dealer come Monday.

Old 02-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Randy B
Junior User
That's Happening A Lot!

Well With your experiences we may just opt for the extended warranty. I've never purchased one before.

One thing I saw today got me pissed. The RR 3rd seat cover has ripped. I think what happen was the plastic cover for the hinge popped out and when the power seat was put in the down position the cover ripped the seat cover. I guess I'm heading to the dealer come Monday.
Dealer replaced mine right after delivery as we had the same thing happen. Ford called them and asked why this had to be replaced on a 200 mile vehicle. Dealer told him if the line guy would have just pushed the tab in further, they would not be replacing a broken part.

Randy B

Old 02-03-2007, 06:26 PM
expy03
Senior User

I am still not sold on the extended warranty. I had one with my '98 and did not need it. did not get it with my '03 and at 91k I have spent about $800 on an altenator, fuel pump and misc. electrical switches, about half the cost of the extended warranty. If it gives you piece of mind then its worth it. I think I'll pass.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:57 AM
northbound350
Freshman User
Thumbs up

Wow, just got my EB EL yesterday. All I can say is VERY nice. We had a 2000 EB Exp and went to the '04 SCREW Lariat. The Lariat is nice, but it's not quite as smooth as the EB Exp. I only have 25 mi. on it, looking forward to many more. Got to go, the roads calling me.