Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Ranchero & 1961 - 1967 Econoline
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-04-2002, 12:10 AM
New User

rkdickie is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mercury Econoline pickup/ tailgate

Can anyone help me , I have a 65 MERCURY Econoline p/u , & my tailgate isnt up to par & is too far gone to save. I need a repairable tailgate . I tried to save the original but it didnt turn out too good . Merc's were ONLY available in CANADA , mine is #310 of ONLY 1291 made in 65, this info was provoded to me by Ford . Im running a Shelby 302 /600cfm DP Holley, C-6 narrow case, 9" Ford / 350:1, couldnt get my Hedman equal length headers to fit so had to use mustang shorties , would really like to be able to use those BIG tubeheaders , as I am dumping it out infront of the rear wheels via 4" BOOM tubes /flo-pro mufflers, Really rumbles !!! Can anyone tell me , if i can get GT-40 heads to fit under the doghouse , my exhaust port line is below the floor now , but I have NO extra width inside the doghouse , Original heads just "touch "the isulation now.
Old 04-05-2002, 05:54 PM
Senior User

economan is starting off with a positive reputation.

hi rk!

unfortunately i don't have a tailgate 4u i've only 1 spare & it's a reasonable reparable "ford" one...but the tailgate i'm currently running was very bashed up...appearantly the original owner of my truck had a set of wooden racks on it & would actually load a cow in back to take it to the sale barn needless to say a cow walkin on a tailgate will quickly deform it.....
anyhows, i had a fellow make me a piece of flat sheetmetal skin to cover over the face of my gate i then installed a ford blue oval on one lower corner and a "econoline" emblem on the other, unfortunately i don't have a pic i can email you but it's a nice clean smoothie kinda look to it...

nuther tailgate solution i had seen several months ago was an almost exact replica of the a tailgate made entirely of wood....usually i'm not a wood on vehicle kind of guy.....but this looked sweeet!

one other option is a scratchbuilt gate less letters....then have a set of letters routed out of plastic on a cnc machine or somthin and put em on with 2 sided tape, was a fellow round here did that with a conventional merc truck tailgate & ya had to look real real close to see how he had it done......

also if you get a chance forward me the serial & other info on the builders plate of your truck & your adress & such i will add it to the 'canadian econoline registry'...29 strong and growing

mikie!
near ottawa canada
economan(No Email Addresses In Posts!)

64 e-100 p/u , 58 m-100 p/u, 57 f100 panelvan
Old 04-08-2002, 11:29 AM
Senior User

bbtkd is starting off with a positive reputation.

Old 04-08-2002, 11:29 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Ranchero & 1961 - 1967 Econoline

Tags
1961, 61, 64, 65, econoline, econolinepickup, emblem, ford, mercury, pickup, sale, tailgate, truck, wood, wooden