Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Went to oral surgeon today

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Kista20
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Went to oral surgeon today

Well everyone I went to an oral surgeon today and had x-rays of my mouth done. I've been having problems with my wisdom teeth for quite sometime been coming and going and last couple weeks I haven't been able to stand it so I figured if I went to the dentist that they would just refer me to the surgeon so I just bypassed him and was lucky to get an appt. so anyways it turns out that they def. need to come out and also some 4th ones that are in there as well. The 4th ones are updside down at an angle and are growing back into the 3rd ones. I've been trying to do some research online about wisdom teeth but haven't even thought about the possibility of any extras that aren't really supposed to be in there. So I'm going feb. 13th which is a tue. and at 9:00 in the morning so I'll be the first one which is good cause I won't have to sit and wait like I did today. I'm not really looking forward to it but these little have got to come out of there.

Old 01-24-2007, 08:21 PM
cmpd1781
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I kinda lucked out. I was in the military and they routinely remove them. Had 2 taken out on one visit....had 2 taken out the other. I'm sure they'll put you out while they do yours (4 of them at once, angled)......You'll fall asleep and the next thing you know, they're done. Sore jaw and lots of motrin (haha). Good luck.

Old 01-24-2007, 08:56 PM
Kista20
Elder User
yeah he is def. putting me under with an iv and the total comming out is like 6 or 7, the 4 regular wisdoms and it's like two or three 4th molars in there. I'm going to also have him fix one of the second molars where the wisdom has pushed into it and messed it up. My health ins. will cover a good bit of it but two of them are already popped out so they won't cover them but everything else is impacted in there.

Old 01-25-2007, 11:26 AM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man, I hope they give you some good drugs once they all come out I think I had something like 9 1/4 teeth pulled in my life time. 2 baby, then 4 baby(?), then 3 wisdoms (one was just a bud - hence the 1/4). They never put me under, just numbed my mouth Those crunching/wrenching noises are horrible lol.

How much time off from work do you get?

Old 01-26-2007, 06:03 PM
Kista20
Elder User
yeah well since I'm getting a lot of them removed he highly reccommended me going under. I really should've done something about this about 5-10 yrs ago but just let it go because it hasn't really been bothering me that much untill lately. For some reason when you get into your late 20's it gets a lot more complicated, I'm 27 now so at least I have a lot of time left to heal back. The doc kept saying on the bad things that a normal person has about 1 in 1000 chance whereas I have a 1 in 50. He was talking about the nerves on the bottom of the jaw cause your lip can get tingly and numb and then the upper ones are so close to my sinus cavity that it can actually break open into that then if that happens I'd have to get it closed back up with another surgery. What can I do ya know... I mean I can't really leave them in there, I guess I could but thats not really an option.