2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck Addons

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 07:57 PM
screwy
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Truck Addons

Anyone ever order anything from Truck Addons? I ordered a tonneau cover about 2 weeks ago and have yet to see it or get a response from e-mail. Just curious how long it took for others to get orders. I went through them solely because they are a forum sponsor, but at this point it’s becoming a hassle because it’s keeping from being able to put some equipment in the bed when I could have driven 3 blocks and had it that day. Anyways, maybe I need a lil more patience.

Old 01-19-2007, 10:32 PM
05 F-150 SCAB
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just ordered a Tonneau cover from there 2 weeks ago, and i received it in about 8 days. they told me 5-10 bus. days when i ordered it.

Old 01-19-2007, 10:38 PM
krazymatt
Senior User
I ordered some Go-Rhino steps for my truck last month from them. After about 7 days, I started calling them and they kept saying they would call go rhino but would never call me back. So then I started calling Go-Rhino, and they told me they knew nothing of such an order, so finally I called and called and called to truck addons shipping/order dept or whatever, not where you call to order initially. Finally I talked to Larry I believe his name was, and he's the supervisor, and started threatening him that I wanted to cancel the order, so he finally called back and said that it slipped through the cracks and blah blah blah, but that he would order it right now and he mentioned the girls name at Go-Rhino I was talking to and I said, okay, you order it, and I'll call her in 20 minutes to see if you really did.
Talk to Larry in the order department, and be firm with him. Tell him this is the second order he screws up in a month. Also if you can try and get ahold of the company your tonneu cover is from. Apparently, they place their orders electronically to the supplier, and never double check. Plus their no tracking number for 10 days policy stinks.

Old 01-19-2007, 10:41 PM
krazymatt
Senior User
Of course, being a Tonneu cover, it might just take a while because of the size, but just be on top of that guy at Truck Addons. Don't know what it is with these truck accessory places. Last summer I ordered some shocks for another truck I used to have from 4-wheel online, and they charged me double. I don't know where to order next time?!

Old 01-20-2007, 07:38 AM
joeypurcell
Senior User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I posted in the aftermarket section about my pains with them. I did finally get my cover. It looks like to me there is a customer service issue there.

Old 01-20-2007, 08:50 AM
krazymatt
Senior User
Well then we need to spread the word for other members not to shop there!!! They have decent prices, but it's nearly impossible to get your order processed right. Having to call them several times a day to get answers is bs.

Old 01-20-2007, 11:46 AM
Patatoe1
Elder User
Well then we need to spread the word for other members not to shop there!!!
If this vendor is a site sponser, I doubt you would want to start telling others not to shop there.

I don't know if this is the right way to do it, but maybe open up a support ticket with this website and let the administraters here know, and see if they can help first.

Old 01-20-2007, 12:33 PM
wrobo23
Elder User
i ordered bed rails on dec. 18th from autoanything because of the unbelievably low price. now my co-workers have a kitty going on when they're coming in. I've heard every excuse from them that "they were custom products" then "no, i was mistaken" to "product had problems shipping through customs" to blah blah blah. told me yesterday that they are outta texas and that because of bad weather they wont be shipping until this coming week blah blah blah. This has probably been the 3rd time some ryan guy has called telling me they have shipped. additionally, ive already paid for the items a month ago! ahhahahah... they are a joke. beware of buying through them.

incase you're wondering why don't i cancel order? more fun to see just how bad one company's customer service is (coming from someone working in a fairly large sales business as well). additionally, i put money in the kitty and i wanna win it (to pay for bedrails, of course! hahah)

Old 01-20-2007, 02:00 PM
Dustydogred
New User
The service or LACK OF was bad.

Old 01-20-2007, 06:02 PM
mik369
Senior User
I bought from auto anything once and it was the last .. Took forever and was wrong things buy a lon shot. Sent one used shock and wrong brake pads. Took forever to get my account credited. I have used stylin concepts alot great service..

Old 01-22-2007, 10:28 AM
tomsold4x4
Freshman User
go local

I have found going to the local truck accessories dealer is the best bet, might be a few dollars more but you get good customer service because their buisness counts on it. I bought a tonneau cover and step bars and paid almost exactly what I saw on line and didn't have to pay the shipping.

Old 01-22-2007, 11:01 AM
SmokeyBear31
Senior User
Originally Posted by Patatoe1
If this vendor is a site sponser, I doubt you would want to start telling others not to shop there.

I don't know if this is the right way to do it, but maybe open up a support ticket with this website and let the administraters here know, and see if they can help first.
That's a bunch of crap right there, If I have a problem with a company I will voice my OPINION, be it a sponsor or not.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:22 PM
screwy
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Well I gave them a call today and 10 minutes later things were ironed out, at least I hope. Seems it was a combination of the wrong part number and supplies being backordered at the factory where it’s being shipped from.

As a Side note, I’d like to keep this thread from degrading into an all out war on Truck Addons. Yes they appear to have some problems and I feel forum members should be aware of this, but the fact of the matter is that they are a forum sponsor and that will make this thread touchy to management. Have fact to back up your experiences and try to keep your opinions controlled. Yes, everyone is entitled to opinions, but keep in mind this is a privately owned sight and wild hot headed posts will get this thread removed.

Old 01-22-2007, 01:49 PM
Thoroughbred Diesel
FTE Sponsor
Glad to hear it seems they worked it out with you. I hate to hear about bad experiences people have buying online, makes people scard to buy online, that is bad for everyone.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:07 PM
wrobo23
Elder User
Originally Posted by Dustydogred
The service or LACK OF was bad.
wow... very first post and it was in response to my post. i wanna say that the lack of service at first was very poor. i don't know what happened, but as soon as i sent a stern letter to customer service, things got a little better.

the main thing is that i oredered them over 1 month ago. i have been given reasons about why they are not being shipped, and when i ask or hear about it a few days later, everything contradicts the original story. and that's basically what i feel i was being told - a nice, very long story.

i do wanna give a shout out to jc whitney for their exceptional shipping both timely and professionally. product came before it was expected, and shipped very neat/nice to my door. yes, part of that is probably fed-ex and part the company, but i do HIGHLY recommend spending a little more sometimes to get better service (live and learn, eh?)

even though this is a private forum screwy, i feel it is my/our right to warn other intelligent and proud ford truck owners of our bad experiences. i wouldn't want to purchase something from a bad company and learn that because they sponsor this forum, nobody could warn me about them (i am NOT saying that a.a. is a bad company, but maybe my little experience could help out someone else).

and thoroughbred, i hear ya. but i've had MANY great experiences buying online, and people need to realize that too.