New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

Who wants to be the NY Chapter Leader?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 03:36 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Who wants to be the NY Chapter Leader?

Ok gang. It is 2007 and my time is up as the acting Chapter Leader. For those of you who don't know the story behind this, please check out this thread. What needs to happen is we need to have a formal election. In order to have a formal election we need to know who would be interested in being the Chapter Leader. In order to qualify as a Chapter Leader, please see post #3 in this thread.

So if you are interested, please post up. If you have someone you would like to elect to the position, please post their name and we can see if they are interested in doing it. I would like to do the formal election around the 15th of this month so post up your suggestions!!!

Old 01-01-2007, 04:07 PM
jasonschwenk
Elder User
Well I vote for you Darren if you will have us!

You've done a heck of a job so far!

Old 01-01-2007, 05:59 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Thanks for the kind words Jason. It is hard to believe that it has been 6-months that I have been doing this. My main concern in posting this was fulfilling my obligation as acting CL which includes doing this election. I haven't decided if I will run or not as I really would like to see who else is interested in doing it. I will take your election of me seriously and will let you and the chapter know of my decision.

Remember everyone, this is "your" chapter and as it being your chapter you have to elect who you would like to be your Chapter Leader. So please post up if you would like to be CL or you would like to nominate someone to be your CL. This is important to everyone in the NY Chapter, so post up your thoughts and nominations!!

Old 01-02-2007, 06:35 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Bringing this back to the top. I need input from members. This is your chapter and having a Chapter Leader is important!! There has been 19 views to this thread since yesterday and only Jason posted a reply. There are 127 registered NY Chapter members and I know more of you have something to say.

So with that said, post up your thoughts and who you want to be the official NY Chapter Leader!!

Old 01-02-2007, 07:58 PM
dcf4x4
Laughing Gas
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Ok, just to feel like I've done my duty:

I can't vote for anyone as I really don't know any of you. With that said, my opinion would be to stick with Darren.

Darren, you seem to be doing a good job so you have my vote.

Old 01-02-2007, 08:07 PM
dcf4x4
Laughing Gas
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Wait a second, according to this thread I'm reading there's supposed to be a "politcal debate"?

And what's this about mudslinging??

Old 01-02-2007, 09:23 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
Do at large members get a vote?

Darren I read many of your posts and used(stole) a few of them in bringing the Delaware Chapter to life. Even plagiarized some, borrowed a fireworks show from JD and was truly inspired by the camaraderie displayed in the NY Chapter.

With that said, nominations closed, Darren uda man!

Old 01-02-2007, 09:24 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by dcf4x4
Wait a second, according to this thread I'm reading there's supposed to be a "politcal debate"?

And what's this about mudslinging??
You read that right. Barr (bterry) wants a mudslinging political debate between those that run for the CL position. If that is the case I lose as my wheeling rig is gone and the SD is not setup for mud at all.

Stay tuned Dan. We will have to have an election which will be around the 15th of the month. I can't believe no one is interested in being the CL. I haven't thrown my hat in the ring yet as I have a lot going on personally that takes me away from my duties here. I don't think I am doing the job justice at times and therefore feel like I am letting the chapter down. I just have to think about it some more and will you all know.

Old 01-02-2007, 09:31 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
George - you know that is a good question. My understanding is that any member of the NY Chapter has voting rights, but I will have to check into that. Thanks for the kind words too. It is nice to know that people appreciate what you do so it means a lot. That is why I am torn on my decision to run or not. Good luck with your chapter. It is tough at times and can be very discouraging, but at the same time very rewarding.

Old 01-03-2007, 06:20 AM
jasonschwenk
Elder User
I think that it is more of a respect to you Darren. You stepped up when we needed you and have done a bang up job so far. In my opinion the decision is up to you! If you want it it's yours if you don't want it then we will put it out to a vote. I'm sure I speak for most members (or at least me!)

Old 01-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Thanks Jason. It really does mean a lot what all of you are saying. I really do appreciate it as I have worried if I was serving all of you well. I think the chapter has a lot of potential and definitely a lot of room to grow. I have worried that my personal commitments have interfered with my duties here, but FTE knew that before I took the position. I don't see that letting up any time soon so I was hoping someone would throw their hat in the ring.

So with that all said is there someone interested in the position??? What are people's thoughts on the chapter leader position and the chapter as a whole? Remember it is sort of like a clean sheet of paper, we can design it pretty much anyway we want.

Old 01-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Jack_99V10
Senior User
Vote : Darren +1

You've been the most helpful member on any forum I've ever been on. Thanks!

Old 01-03-2007, 05:46 PM
GLR
FTE Legend
Received 851 Likes on 769 Posts
If a motion is needed, I make a motion or nominate Darren for NY Chapter Leader. You have been doing a great job. George (PS 87 octane is $2.079 down here in Martinsville, temp will be close to 70 Sat)

Old 01-03-2007, 05:59 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
I vote for Darren whether or not you decide to count it.

One of you native NY Chapter members needs to start a Chapter Leader vote thread that has a poll. List Darren's name first and my name second just so it will be consider a contest. hmmmm

Now if by some freak of nature, I should win, I will decline because I can't hold two chapter leader positions at the same time. Darren wins, its that simple.

Darren once elected, appoint an assistant chapter leader that can handle the duties in your absence. Aha, and also a future replacement.

Can you feel the love Darren?

BTW GLR, are we related?

Last edited by glruff; 01-03-2007 at 06:02 PM.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:07 PM
jasonschwenk
Elder User
Darren

I think glrruff is onto something!
If you want(need) help call me asst.
I do whatever it takes to help you out!
Sort of the Long island chapter asst. and I.m sure we can find an upstate asst!
Everyone respects what you have done with the chap to help resurect it so please keep on keepin on
If you don't want it anymore then let us know that also, but we will help you out if you want to keep it!
we don't need no stinkin vote!

Quick Reply: Who wants to be the NY Chapter Leader?