Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

I'm beginning to feel like a Country Music record spinning backwards....

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 12:26 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm beginning to feel like a Country Music record spinning backwards....

'Got a good job, good dog, house is getting paid for, my truck runs, by this time next week the creditors will be off my back, I know the address the wife ran off to so I can have her served divorce papers, my house is worth a lot more than I thought, the bank wants to give me money, and I have a race engine to build...

- This year is starting out all right!

Shucks, I think I'll have another beer...

Last edited by Greywolf; 01-18-2007 at 12:31 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:01 PM
lariat97
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats Man. Your day in court must have gone well. We need to have a FTE gtg & celebrate your good fortune. Lets do something as soon as the weather gets warm enough. I have plenty of deer meet we can cook.

Old 01-18-2007, 08:18 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Oooooh....

Venison and what? Corn on the cob maybe, and real mashed spuds in Deer gravy????
Who in hell would willingly miss out on that!

Old 01-18-2007, 09:05 PM
lariat97
Post Fiend
That sounds good. I eat venison with gravy & mashed tators a lot & I still look forward to the next meal of it. My wife cooks good venison.Yum! I may have some backstrap cut about 1 inch think & wrapped in bacon we could grill. I'll have to dig it out of the freezer & see if I have enough. Its great marinated in Dales seasoning a few hrs before you grill it. Its tricky to grill because it must be cooked just right. Just a few minutes too long on the grill & it becomes a dry tough dog treat.

Old 01-18-2007, 09:17 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
That WOULD BE something you cain't just git anywhere...

Only in the south in hunting country!

Old 01-18-2007, 09:28 PM
cmpd1781
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dutch...You just illustrated over the last couple of days how someone's life can go from ("Gloooooom........despaaaiiir.......and agony on me"......(remember Hee-Haw?)) to a bright, sunny outlook-------all literally overnight. I wonder how many people perceived their lives to be absolute crap and without hope, and without confiding in friends or turning their energy to something positive, they blew their brains out instead. Maybe if they waited a bit longer....saw the good the world had to offer and waited the crap out a little longer, things would have looked up for them.

I'm glad you found the love of a good dog, the appreciation of a good job and good food (that salsa recipe you put out a couple of months ago rocks!), and the friendship of good folks (FTE) to help you see through the "crap" and wait it out.

When the hounds of hell are chasing you.....You don't have to out-sprint them...just out-endure them......

(Sorry guys....I've been drinking.......but as they say...."In vino veritas")

Peace

Steve

Old 01-18-2007, 09:40 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Don't have to outrun diddly.

When the critter jump - ketch the paws, and rip them wide apart, it will put them down instantly. (chest is destroyed)

I want you to know that as working knowlege.... In what you do for a living, a tidbit like that is important.

I always preferred to hold out a knife like a boar spear, but you don't always have one. In my area there is also a panther running loose. It is running out of undeveloped land to shelter in. I have to keep that in mind, and you won't often see me without at least a blade on me....

If I run from trouble, trouble will follow. I have always known that. It is better to pick your own ground, and set it to your own advantage. Patience is not a virtue, it is a necessity.

"Give a man a fish, and they eat today. TEACH a man to fish - and they feed themselves"

It's rather like that.

That woman don't know how to fish. I DO!

Old 01-18-2007, 10:13 PM
cmpd1781
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The "trouble" parable and the "fish" parable are particularly relevant......Heard them before and oh, so true.........

Still...You gotta admit......The dog addition brightened your life big-time...(haha)......Pretty soon you'll catch up with Mil1ion in number of posts....what with all the new material with Electra.......!....(haha)

Old 01-18-2007, 10:25 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
'lectra is special. She happenned out of the blue.

I reckon she gonna have pups of her own soon also. She getting wide where she don't need to be - so I guess she will have "PIT BULL RETRIEVER" pups soon from what the first guy who took her home had to say.

If they turn out stone black wiener dogs - I'm going to take them right to his house and tell him "YOUR PROBLEM, JACKASS!"

Electra is a bright light in my world. I love my puppy!

Strange - I WAS a moderator when Denny first showed up. I heard/saw all kinds of stuff about what a PITA he was... And I stood up for him.

I said: "Lookit - the man spends a lot of time on the net, we need a guy like that, and he loves ford trucks. Mil1on IS THE ANSWER!"
And I thought it was just laughed away....

Next thing I knew he was an ADMINISTRATOR!

(Oh cheeeee.... What have I done?)

I WANT YOU TO KNOW THIS ALSO - "Dennis" has spent a pile of money doing what he has done for us. he did that voluntarily

SHUCKS! DENNIS BOUGHT MY BUS TICKET to the one and only FTE NATIONAL RALLY (TRUE!)

I paid him back, but if it wasn't for Mil1on I could not have been there.

DENNY IS AN AMAZING MAN...

Niether one of us are gay - I want that understood before I state this:

"Love is not something taken lightly. It may take many forms. To truly appreciate another individual such that you cannot do without them is an expression of it. I hope sincerely that I always see Dennis here.

When someone elses welfare, happiness, and general condition are as important as your own - it can be demonstrated to be a state of love"

-This don't mean I won't kick your *** out of the shower if you try to get in it with me!

~Wolfie

Last edited by Greywolf; 01-18-2007 at 10:59 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:43 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Dutch, with all the good happening around you and like Steve said about just hanging in
(which requires a special kind of toughness) and things will change. You can be forgiven for Dennis.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:00 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Denny don't need any more forgiving than I do.

WE JUST HAPPENED TO THIS PLACE....

The party is at his house though, and he is buying the beer

Last edited by Greywolf; 01-18-2007 at 11:02 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:07 PM
soondg
Postmaster
I'm packin my snowshoes as I type, also bringing some good beer. YUENGLING. Think he's ready for us. I'll bring my old girl ROTTIE too.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:17 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Don't forget the GENNESSEE....

But I expect to be hitting the Molson red label pretty hard.

(GOLD is for wussies)

Old 01-18-2007, 11:45 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Truth be told Grey, I'm a teetotaler. I only drink O'Douls (Amber). The way my brain functions I'm afraid to throw anything else into the mix.

Old 01-19-2007, 05:54 AM
lariat97
Post Fiend
I'm a teetotaler too. I quit drinking in 87 & haven't touched a drop since. I'm not against social drinking. I just don't want to drink anymore.

Quick Reply: I'm beginning to feel like a Country Music record spinning backwards....