Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Ford Screw Lariat VRS. Lincoln Mark?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 02:27 AM
INFLUENCER
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Screw Lariat VRS. Lincoln Mark?

It really isn't that much more for a Lincoln Mark than a loaded Lariat Screw? Is the Lincoln a better truck or is it pretty much the same thing?

Old 01-18-2007, 08:15 AM
linkinluver07
Senior User
yep same Engine. same transmission. same pretty much everything just a diffrent grill. i must say that i was terribly dissapointed with the that truck. as much as i love that luxury brand its just sad the way its going down the toliet

Old 01-24-2007, 12:25 AM
INFLUENCER
Senior User
Why is it going down the toliet? Just because it dosen't have much more to offer than the Lariat Screw?

Old 01-24-2007, 08:21 AM
linkinluver07
Senior User
because there is really no reason to buy a lincoln if you think about it.. they're all gussied up fords. hell i actually LIKED the blackwood it was a much better attempt than this. why would you buy a Mark Lt when you can get a top of the line F150 for almost 5-10,000 less and the mark offers nothing over the ford. hell if they could have offered a 6 speed trans or some more power. but there aint nothing from lincoln this day and age except for maybe the heated and cooled leather seats and thx sound system that you cannot get on a FORD/Mercury. hell i hate to say but Gm does a LOT better with cadillac. i think ford needs to start letting lincoln compete with the big boys instead of treating it like some kind of baby or something

Old 01-24-2007, 10:17 AM
mountainman1023
New User
The only difference I saw was the a/c seats. Not to sure about the stereo system as the new 6 speaker system in my 07 F-150 pounds. Best stock stereo I have ever heard to date. I'm sure there are a few little differences but I agree there is no way I was paying the extra $ for included oil changes and a couple little cosmetic things.

Old 01-24-2007, 11:47 AM
SMIGGS
Posting Guru
It's basically a "niche" vehicle, just like the Escalade trucks are basically upgraded Avalanches. I have yet to see an Escalade hauling anything in the back. I have not seen a Lincoln Mark here yet but I have seen alot of F-150 Lariats/King Ranches being used as "trucks".

Just people who have extra money to spend on a name.

Old 01-24-2007, 12:16 PM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
Originally Posted by SMIGGS
It's basically a "niche" vehicle, just like the Escalade trucks are basically upgraded Avalanches. I have yet to see an Escalade hauling anything in the back. I have not seen a Lincoln Mark here yet but I have seen alot of F-150 Lariats/King Ranches being used as "trucks".

Just people who have extra money to spend on a name.

I think what LL is trying to say is there's not enough difference between the Lincoln and Ford to justify the price. It used to be you'd get a unique motor and the front clip was TOTALLY different.....not just trim.

Pretty sure at Caddy you get the 403 horse 6.0 not available in the lesser GM's.

On a side note, my sister leased an LT. Because of special rates the 3 year payment was LOWER than a fully optioned 150!!!

On a side note, I thought the Blackwood rocked with the Navigator front end and DOHC 32V 5.4.........I actually wanted one!!

Last edited by DOHCmarauder; 01-24-2007 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:43 AM
INFLUENCER
Senior User
Thanks for the info guys...FLU

Old 01-25-2007, 09:08 AM
95Powerstroker
New User
i actually like the lincoln mark looks kind of classy if you ask me. but would i own one? probably not. but i do like it, its a nice vehicle

Old 01-31-2007, 09:19 PM
linkinluver07
Senior User
Exclamation

Influencer,
i would like to give you a little piece of advice and you are welcome to take it with a grain of salt (and it wont bother me)

But if you still haven't bought that truck yet then i would advice you to wait a while, if your current vehicle will last.

because i think that whats going to happen because of gm/ toyota/ Nissan(?) ( i dont know for sure if dodge did any updates) have fresh/updated trucks. Ford in order to be able compete ( and i dont really blame them we dont have a truck till next year and gm will be doing the same thing) is they are going to offer some killer deals and nice financing. which can (and probably will) hurt the resale of all of our trucks. so you run the risk of being upside down. and besides if you wait a little bit you can probably save a few pennies.(i'm quite sure with knowledgable people we have on this site surely to god someone can kick in and give a few more details )