Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Does Ford really listen???

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 09:06 AM
cljimmy72
Cross-Country
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Does Ford really listen???

I am a totally dedicated Ford nut but I sure question it at times. When I bought my new super duty I had several concerns that I expressed on the survey form that they sent me. Warped roof, rusted undercarraige, issues with dealer installed options, etc. I got no response from Ford what-so-ever. Are others seeing the same thing. Ford is in trouble financially now-maybe it's time they really listen to the buying customers.

Old 01-16-2007, 09:11 AM
jschira
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by cljimmy72
Ford is in trouble financially now-maybe it's time they really listen to the buying customers.
They would, except that Ford fired all its Customer Service reps to save money.

Old 01-16-2007, 05:32 PM
fordtruckman
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i think that the ford company should read the posts on this website becuase it would certainly allow them to see the problems that people are having with there trucks and what people want in the future vehicles from ford.

-Matt

Old 01-16-2007, 05:53 PM
Monsta
Sit. Stay.

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by jschira
They would, except that Ford fired all its Customer Service reps to save money.
Actually they outsourced CS to India.

Old 01-16-2007, 06:26 PM
hofuf
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure why it would be expected that Ford respond to a survey form. Ford (like many companies in the world) hired a company to survey their customers to gather statistics regarding the quality of their product, the purchasing experience, etc. Survey forms aren't designed to garner a response from Customer Service, they provide statistical information. I'm sure that Customer Service (no matter where they may be located or what they may look like) is available via the telephone.

Old 01-17-2007, 10:04 AM
jschira
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by hofuf
I'm sure that Customer Service (no matter where they may be located or what they may look like) is available via the telephone.
Think again.

Maybe on paper it is available, but the reality is far different. CS Reps are not empowered to do anything. Just write down your complaint and pass it on. "The appropriate individual will be in contact with you shortly".

Yeah. Right. Been there. Done that. Still waiting on my call from 2002. Decided to live with it and get on with my life.

And I suspect that Ford uses the survey forms more as a report card on its dealers, not to generate product quality statistics. They use warranty claims for that.

So unless you made a warranty claim for the warped roof or the rusted undercarriage, I doubt that your concerns ever made Ford's radar.

And I am not saying that Ford is any better or any worse than any other manufacturer.

Last edited by jschira; 01-17-2007 at 10:09 AM.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:41 PM
osbornk
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fordtruckman
i think that the ford company should read the posts on this website becuase it would certainly allow them to see the problems that people are having with there trucks and what people want in the future vehicles from ford.-Matt
I doubt they do much of it (if they do, you'll never know) but if you go to other truck forums for other brands, you see the same or very similar complaints. They all have complaints about brakes, whines, rattles, shakes, etc. and the things that are unique to a particular brand are substituted for other things that are unique to that brand. If you hide the brand of the truck, you couldn't tell what brand they are complaining about most of the time.

Beyond that, imagine what a small fraction of a percent the members of this forum are compared to the number of Ford trucks on the road.