Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

Montana Chapter - Answer These Questions Please

Old 01-15-2007, 12:38 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Exclamation Montana Chapter - Answer These Questions Please

Here's where those interested can help us decide where the four separate Montana Regions ought to be decided. Unless it would be easier to go by the Montana hunting map and the various region numbers there.

Actually, four regions COULD do it, but remember... this is a large state, so let's have your input as to:

1. Are you interested in forming a Montana Chapter?
2. How many Regions do you think would work? Four or ?
3. Most important .. would you PARTICIPATE in a Mt chapter, moresoe than you've participated in the High Plains chapter?

4. SUGGESTIONS for forming and helping out getting a chapter going. (VOLUNTEERS PLEASE)

A. We will need someone with artistic ability or a good photoshop program user, who can work on some designs for the chapter, should Ken finally give us a go. Tim (mtflat) started this, I told him I'd help out with all necessary steps, in another thread.

B. Are we going to want a store, same as the Drifters store? If you talk real fast, I may be encouraged to set up and maintain a non-profit store. Cafe press has excellent clothing and other items. See the high plains store thread for the web address, for examples.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:18 PM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 331 Likes on 255 Posts
OK, since I'm implicated, here's my $.02.

I appreciate all the work that went into HPD - you all are to be commended. However the logistics of distance work against it. I joined the Idaho chapter and mentioned that since there's no Montana chapter and I'm geographically closer to Idaho than most of Montana, it made sense to do that. Ken replied saying that with 4 more guys we could start a Montana chapter.

If you look down at the other regional areas, Montana and Wyoming are listed under the western region, N Dakota and S Dakota are under the central region. I just think it would clean things up to have individual state chapters. It would also be easier to grumble about what the governor is up to (for example) without having to explain the whole story to people who aren't affected.

So to answer Dick's questions.
1. Yes I'm interested
2. Maybe I don't understand the question, but I'm not sure it needs to be partitioned. Let's start with one and if it needs to be split, then I'd suggest only east and west.
3. Yes
4. I'll help with whatever is needed.
A - Keep the logo simple: State outline with FTE superimposed or centered would be enough. One or two colors so it looks good on anything.
B - I think a store is always a good addition. Helps to promote the chapter at events and makes it easier to find each other in a crowd.
Tim

Old 01-16-2007, 12:57 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Didn't mean to "implicate" ya Tim. I had just read your response in another thread and decided to see what interest might be generated. My apologies if I overstepped and stuck my nose where I should not have.

If you want to take the lead and work on the Mt chapter, I've no problems with it. I put in a lot of time on the Drifters and it just didn't work out.

I am, however, willing to do and take care of another store. But I ain't investing any of my own money this time, going and getting all gung ho. Other people have to show an interest in doing something at the beginning or like the Drifters, a lot of effort could be just wasted time.

Old 01-16-2007, 09:01 AM
mtflat
Lead Driver

No apologies needed Dick - that was a lame attempt at humor..........I use the quick reply most of the time instead of the advanced so I don't get to the smilie bar

I am surprised at the lack of comments so far. Maybe everyone has forgotten where this forum is.

I also don't feel a need to take the lead here so you're not stepping on my toes. I also don't think leadership has been the problem - both you and Matt have done a very credible job of it. It appears to be "followership" where it sags.

It's just nice to see you posting again. Hope you're feeling better my friend!
Tim

Old 01-17-2007, 11:46 AM
1979 Ford
FTE Chapter Leader
The HPD was barely active as it was. How is forming your own chapter going to be a good idea? I would have been willing to put forth an effort. But it seemed my suggestions were shot down for what ever reason.

Its understood that there is a lot of real estate in the Dakotas, Wyoming, and Montana not very many people here either.

Old 01-17-2007, 11:25 PM
mtflat
Lead Driver

So far it isn't looking very good. I guess Dick and I will just have to keep getting together at the County fair for BBQ chicken by ourselves.

Don't let getting your ideas shot down by somebody discourage you. I think smaller groupings have a better chance of coming together than the hugh HPD forum did. If I disagree with Dick we can go have a cup of coffee and sort it out and leave as friends. If I disagree with someone in Casper or Fargo or Mitchell I'm much more likely to just drop it and quit posting.

It could be that the moment has passed and we're all too independent and stubborn to try again. Or burned out. Or busy with work. Etc.......... Whatever happens is ok with me - I'm easy!

Old 01-18-2007, 12:51 AM
1979 Ford
FTE Chapter Leader
I normally don't. There are a couple from South Dakota that post on a semi regular basis.

We are very independant the whole area is. Its something we all aught to be proud of. I understand being busy with work and life etc. I willing to help out where ever I can.

Old 01-18-2007, 05:45 PM
mudmaker
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What exactly would a montana chapter do?

Old 01-19-2007, 12:25 PM
1979 Ford
FTE Chapter Leader
I am thinking the same thing as the Highplains chapter. Seem more geographical than anything.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:07 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm sorry... I don't want to see a Montana only chapter... I don't think its going to spark any more discussion... The majority of user are in or right around Billings or Kalispell anyway.

So, in essence, it is only my view, I'm not trying to go against you on this. I have a lot of family obligations at the moment and if Tim or Dick want to step in as Chapter leader that is fine with me.

Old 03-07-2007, 12:34 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Not me, sir. I already rode that horse and the dog didn't hunt ...rofl... or something like that.

Anyway... I think Tim had a good idea and was willing to help out with it.

As noted, this chapter doesn't get a lot of activity, but I DO think that as fast as Montana is growing...especially the Kalispell area.... more interest may be generated in the future...with some advertising at the Fair, wearing our FTE or Drifters shirts.

I actually am kinda tired of the drifters shirt and logo design. LOL... I sometimes wonder if that's what chased a bunch of people off...."where'd this stupid horse come from??"

I believe a new logo might be a good idea, but man... I'm just too busy with just my singing and caterwaulling (whichever you wanna call it) on all my karaoke sites and forums. Ya all can tell I don't take time to visit FTE much anymore, but that's only because of the above and my health is sucking so bad lately that I just don't have the energy to do much else.

I'd take over as CL again, but I just couldn't guarantee how much time even I would be spending here. Matt..just hang on to it for a while, unless Tim is interested. I don't think, at this point, we even need to take a vote, with interest as low as it is.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:18 PM
mont974x4
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just don't think Montanans are up for this sort of thing. I ran the Montana chapter over on ford truck world for awhile and had minimal activity. I eventually passed off the leadership role to a youngman that joined. We had lunch last month and looks like we may make it a monthly deal. All 3 of us active members are in Great Falls.

When the chapter first formed a few years ago we had a good meet in Billings that I attended and on one of my trips to Helena I got one of the guys to meet me for supper. Whenever I go out of town (usually Billings or Helena but also camping wuite a bit) I would post up and let folks know as soon as my plans were finalized so that if people were able to meet, they could.

I also tried running a support group for the Spndylitis Association of AMerica. I had almost 20 members but they just wanted to be able to e-mail me with questions and have me mail an occasional information packet. I was able to get two meets scheduled where people said they'd come. The first time...a man with a spondylitis disease and his wife drove to Great Falls and we had a lunch. The second I drove to Helena and had lunch with two ladies that had a spondylitis disease.

Maybe we're too spread out. Maybe we're too independant. I don't know, but getting people involved in person is a tough row to hoe.

I know my post count here is low but I have been at FTW for 4 years with over 15,000 posts and thats my educated my 2 cents.

However, I'd be happy to hook up anytime I can if ya'll get close to GF or the next time I head to Billings or Kalispel (I have some frineds up there).

Jay

Old 04-05-2007, 10:26 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
I'm usually available most anytime, you can call me at 406-855-2229 if you are in town, school and work keep me tied to town for the most part. I head up to the Beartooths on the weekends during the summer and I'll be out in Seattle this summer for a four day trip to catch a few Mariners/Reds games, but otherwise I'm working on my truck or my bike.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:29 PM
mont974x4
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good deal. I usually take the family down to Billings a couple times a year for a mini-vacation.

Ya know, stay in a nice hotel with a pool, eat at places we don't have here (TX Roadhouse) and take the kids to Chuck E Cheese

Old 04-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
You gotta find the local secret spots, Gunsmoke BBQ downtown will put even those from Kansas in their place, and you won't find a better brew than Angry Hanks or Yellowstone Valley Brewing Co. I love the Grizzly Wulff Wheat.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Montana Chapter - Answer These Questions Please