Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

OK guys i have a problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe the IDM is mounted on the driver side firewall in the engine compartment. I don't know what any of these items, IPR and ICP would have to do with your bus error code or AE problem except for maybe a short somewhere is causing it. Where did you find a u1262 error code?
As for the IDM:
Injector Driver Module
The Injector Driver Module controls power to the fuel injectors based on information received from the PCM. The Injector Driver Module receives two digital control signals from the PCM: the Fuel Delivery Control Signal and the Camshaft Position signal. The Fuel Delivery Control Signal is used by the Injector Driver Module to control injection timing and injection duration. The CMP signal provides synchronization to the engine's first and the fifth injector (firing order, cylinders number one and four). The Injector Driver Module verifies that Fuel Delivery Control Signal and CMP occur at valid timing intervals for synchronization.

Old 01-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Here's the other two:

Injection Control Pressure Sensor
The Injection Control Pressure sensor is a variable capacitor sensor that is supplied a 5-volt reference signal by the PCM and returns a linear analog voltage signal that indicates pressure. The sensor measures the oil pressure in the LH injection rail. PCM uses this information to determine injection control pressure. The Injection Control Pressure sensor along with the Injection Control Pressure Regulator form a closed loop fuel pressure control system.

If the PCM detects an inoperative Injection Control Pressure sensor, the PCM will control injection control pressure from a PCM-estimated injection control pressure.

Injection Pressure Regulator
The Injection Pressure Regulator controls injection oil pressure. An electrical signal to a solenoid creates a magnetic field which applies a variable force on a valve servo to control pressure. The quantity of fuel delivered to the combustion chamber is proportional to injection control pressure.

An open circuit will result in minimum oil pressure and a no-start situation. A short circuit results in maximum oil pressure, and is limited by a mechanical pop-off valve to 27,580 kPa (4000 psi).

Still do not see how this will cause the AE to kill the engine but what do I know? Heck, for all we know there is a short in the wiring in the steering column that shorts out when you plug in the AE. I am maxed out on this one buddy. Hopefully a smarter fella will come along. Good luck. BTW, what mods are on your buddies truck?

Old 01-12-2007, 02:46 PM
Green_Dually
Elder User
Originally Posted by Tenn01PSD350
I believe the IDM is mounted on the driver side firewall in the engine compartment. I don't know what any of these items, IPR and ICP would have to do with your bus error code or AE problem except for maybe a short somewhere is causing it. Where did you find a u1262 error code?
It came up when i pluged in AE,thats the only code now.How would i know if it the PCM?
I also had a hard time to get AE to connect this time,i had to do it 3 times to get it connected,but still cant run any tests.
He has no mods on the truck.Truck has 94,000 miles on it.
Thanks for your help.

edit:anyone know what a communication bus fault is?

Last edited by Green_Dually; 01-12-2007 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:59 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Green_Dually
IHow would i know if it the PCM?

edit:anyone know what a communication bus fault is?
His is an 02 and yours is 03 right? Both auto or stick? Mrfixit was in the same boat with one of his trucks on the bad PCM. I suggest you pull the suspected bad PCM and try it in the good running truck. I know how hard that is to swallow, but if it does not work in your truck, then I would suspect the PCM. If it works and communicates in yours, you're back into the other truck looking for something else. Mrfixit ended up trying that, then reverse swap and found a faulty PCM IIRC. I don't know if I would chance that with my PCM in the other truck because of that bus error. How good of a friend is he?

Old 01-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Green_Dually
Elder User
Yeah i was thinking of that to,just didnt want to fry my PCM.Hes a good friend,the kind that would buy me a new PCM if mine blew.But i think i will take his and try it in mine.There both autos,so that no problem.
Its weird,cause when i plug in the AE its fine at frist,but when its retrieving sensors,the engine light turns on,the wait to start light also turns on,after i plug in AE.
But when i do it in my truck the light does not turn on.
Also i cant clear his PCM codes,but i cleared mine with no problem.
So thats why i suspect the PCM.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Yeah, if his is bad, I highly doubt it can hurt yours, after all, your PCM will not be in there. As for putting yours in his, that is a crap roll. If there is a short in there, it could zap yours. If it is just the PCM though, yours should run it fine though. So you gotta ask yourself, do you feel lucky? If it were to fry yours, now you are out two PCMs and still have a problem in his truck.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Green_Dually
Elder User
Yeah, if his is bad, I highly doubt it can hurt yours, after all, your PCM will not be in there. As for putting yours in his, that is a crap roll. If there is a short in there, it could zap yours. If it is just the PCM though, yours should run it fine though. So you gotta ask yourself, do you feel lucky? If it were to fry yours, now you are out two PCMs and still have a problem in his truck.
Yeah,i think your right.Ill take his and put in mine,ill keep mine for me lol.But if the truck wont start at least we know what it is.
Thank for all the help tenn.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:45 PM
schmity
Senior User
Same thing happens to me. On my 02 AE connects just fine, but on my granddad's 00 AE kills it everytime. I am able to perform the buzz test on both the trucks without much trouble. You might call AE.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:50 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Green_Dually
Yeah,i think your right.Ill take his and put in mine,ill keep mine for me lol.But if the truck wont start at least we know what it is.
Thank for all the help tenn.
You're welcome, I hope. Fingers crossed. It's just way to easy to armchair mechanic with someone else's money/time. I always try too make sure to say I think or not sure when that is the case. I would hate for someone to trash their truck doing something I recommend. These electrical gremlins can fall into this category.

Old 01-12-2007, 04:31 PM
slc10844
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just a suggestion, you might want to check the wiring under the hood for cafed/shorted/corroded wires or loose connectors. Also check the grounds for good contact. I think there are some fuseable links under the hood also. You might get lucky and find a easy solution.

Old 01-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Green_Dually
Elder User
Originally Posted by slc10844
Just a suggestion, you might want to check the wiring under the hood for cafed/shorted/corroded wires or loose connectors. Also check the grounds for good contact. I think there are some fuseable links under the hood also. You might get lucky and find a easy solution.

We checked most of the plugs,even the pcm connector.We didnt see anything.
The weird part is the AE is not connecting to any of the injectors,or any other sensor.
And when the truck was running,AE would shut the truck down when i pluged it in.

Old 01-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Anything to report??

Old 01-12-2007, 06:00 PM
Green_Dually
Elder User
Anything to report??

not yet,going to do it in the morning.Will report back.

Old 01-12-2007, 07:06 PM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
VSM or PATS......... the u codes are generally errors associated with the VSM or GEM depending which you have.

Sounds like there is a ground loop in the DLC causing the truck to shut off.

Old 01-12-2007, 07:11 PM
mrfixit64857
Posting Guru
noticed you mentioned my name, lol! And yes, alot of his confusion sounds like what I was having. New pcm did it for me, but the IDM had already been replaced. I'm worried the IDM CAUSED the PCM failure, so be leary of both.
Also, do you have AE running when you plug in? you might be defaulting into a KOEO test and THAT would kill it, too

good luck!

Last edited by mrfixit64857; 01-12-2007 at 07:23 PM.

Quick Reply: OK guys i have a problem