Sponsored by: DP Tuner

People Have NO Respect, Man Im Ticked!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 09:34 PM
wolfe1104
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
People Have NO Respect, Man Im Ticked!

As I was getting in my truck after work today I noticed my center console was half open with some papers hanging out. I figured it was me during my early morning daze before work. But when I went to get my ipod out of my glovebox I realized what happened. All together they took my ipod, fm transmitter for the ipod, a $80 coat, and a set of keys i had under my seat (house, my bed tool box, my tool box at work, my hitch lock, and the worst one, a spare key to the truck). I also found my registration laying open in the glovebox (home address). As far as damage to the truck they broke the passenger side door handle/lock and bent the crap out of the lid on the center console.

Sorry to go on but I just had to vent.

The good news though . . . they didnt break the window, they just broke the passenger side door lock cylinder
. . . they didnt take my edge evo that was sitting under the back seat
. . . and best of all, despite having a key to the truck they didnt steal the truck.

There goes the DP tuner i was planning on getting within the next couple of weeks.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:37 PM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 783 Likes on 595 Posts
Oh, man that sucks big time!

Old 01-10-2007, 09:38 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn dude, im lost for words. I think my actions would speak louder than words, with a dead guy laying beside my truck or either behind it with some tire prints over him. Damn.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:39 PM
powrstrkn'
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks,
I've never had anything robbed from me (knock on wood) but it sucks,
If I were you I'd make sure I was ready to protect myself at home too, since they could have your address.
Be safe

Old 01-10-2007, 09:39 PM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Make sure to rekey your house locks.

Wouldnt it be nice to nail his "sak" to a stump covered in fire ants.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:47 PM
Smokin'
Smokin
You called the local police right? If you have any kind of registration or product number for your ipod, they might be able to track the ipod (if its sold or pawned) and track it back to the SOB that broke into your truck.

Being that the theif knows where you live and has house keys, do you have "Home protection" ie a loaded gun pointed in the right direction?

I feel bad for you man that totally sucks. I wont complain that I had a bad day anymore.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:51 PM
taisa899
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
had the same thing happen to me a couple years back. Get everything rekeyed is the best advice I can give!

Jim

Old 01-10-2007, 09:51 PM
empiretc
Lead Driver
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
I hate it when that stuff happens. I never used to have any, but now I have alarms on everything.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:14 PM
wolfe1104
Senior User
Yeah I already have planned on rekeying everything. Im hoping the insurance will cover rekeying the truck. What really sucks is the tool box in my truck. I lost one and the only other key is gone now. Maybe a locksmith will beable to do something.

Im already looking at alarms, does anyone have any ideas of what alarms are better then others?

Old 01-10-2007, 10:16 PM
John311t
Postmaster
If i ever caught someone breaking into my truck, or heard, that would be the end.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:19 PM
wolfe1104
Senior User
Originally Posted by John311t
If i ever caught someone breaking into my truck, or heard, that would be the end.
The worst part is that we have to park across the street from where the main building is. I always try to park the truck so that I can keep an eye on it from my bay. Alot of good that did.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:20 PM
Hurricane
New User
Wow sorry to hear that. I had some punks break into my old 96' F150 a few years back and they took my stereo, cd's, and other miscellanous stuff. The worst part was they jammed a screwdriver in under the lock and ripped the metal on the door underneath lock.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:23 PM
wolfe1104
Senior User
Originally Posted by Hurricane
The worst part was they jammed a screwdriver in under the lock and ripped the metal on the door underneath lock.
That would really suck. The only damage to the outside they did to mine was the lock and the plastic door handle. Not as bad as the whole door.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:30 PM
VonoreTn
Freshman User
These people if ever caught need to be strung up like they used to do to horse thieves. They are worthless human rubbish. Somehow in their mind it is OK to screw people for their own benefit.

I have an alarm on my Mustang that would have triggered in this event, and it only cost me about $55 at Advanced Auto. But you just motivated me to put one on the Explorer too. Hope you recover OK.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:43 PM
bdrummonds
Post Fiend
Dude, I am sorry to hear about your loss.

I agree with the above folks have protection at home, the family cannot be replaced but the truck can.

Also, that money you were saving for the DP, go ahead and get it just make sure Jody programs a NO START tune in there and then even with the key the truck cant be stolen.

If you have a regular tool box like a UWS, or Contico, or Kobalt, unless you have had it rekeyed, it will probably use a standard CH 507 key that can be bought at any hardware store, or the place where your box came from. most all the locks on stock tool boxes are keyed the same, like all the outside compartments on most travel trailers are the same.

once again, sorry for your bad day....

Quick Reply: People Have NO Respect, Man Im Ticked!