Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

Boys Night Out vs. Angry Girlfriend

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 05:07 PM
tcbofade
Hotshot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boys Night Out vs. Angry Girlfriend

Hoo boy. I hath angered Miss Brandi. A few friends and I are going out playing poker this evening. There will almost certainly be a few budweisers involved...

In between work and said planned festivities...I had a few things to do.

Turns out, she took half of the day off and called me just as I was leaving the plant wanting to "spend a few hours together...just us" I reminded her of my plans for the evening.

She was less than pleased. She said a few unpleasantries and hung up on me. When my phone started ringing again, I didn't answer it. (If you're gonna hang up, then I'm thinking that you don't want to talk...)

And she called again. And again. I did not so much answer the phone. I was at a friends house working on a project while he's out of town.

Then my cell phone rings again...now its my house phone calling me on my cell. Dummy that I am, I figured my niece was calling me. Nope. Guess who?

She thought maybe I should come home and we should have a talk.

I thought of saying no, but then, what the h3ll...home I came. Much conversation was had. In the driveway. At a rather incredible noise level. With my niece inside the house. With the neighbors kid.

Oh boy.

Gonna be a loooooooooong night.

Old 01-10-2007, 05:38 PM
6L PWR
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wooof wof woof woooof wof woooofffff woff woooooffff.

Translation: "How comfy is that dog house?"

Sad thing is, if she already knew about your plans, then she shouldn't have been upset with you, right? After all bud, I don't remember anything about you and her getting married? Only then can you be wrong I thought.

Old 01-10-2007, 05:57 PM
slmann
Postmaster
I think she was testing you. She was trying to see how whipped you are.

Old 01-10-2007, 06:08 PM
taisa899
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by slmann
I think she was testing you. She was trying to see how whipped you are.
everyting is a test when it comes to women!

Jim

Old 01-10-2007, 06:33 PM
tcbofade
Hotshot
I'm thinking she just likes to fight. Seems like everyday there is some life changing trauma going on....and shouldn't I leave work/skip church/ditch whomever I'm with to go to her side and make all right in her world.

At the moment, we're taking the night off and "thinking". I'm thinking we're done.

Humph.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:43 PM
6L PWR
Postmaster
Originally Posted by tcbofade
I'm thinking she just likes to fight.
I got $50 on Brandi. Anybody else??

Old 01-10-2007, 08:48 PM
tcbofade
Hotshot
Oh thanks for your support.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:01 PM
taisa899
Posting Guru
you gotta do what's best for you!

Jim

Old 01-10-2007, 09:03 PM
FghtinIrshNvrDie
Postmaster
you'll live terry.

The line's gotta be somewhere. It's up to you to decide where you want it, and her to decide if she's okay with that.

Ryan

Old 01-10-2007, 10:44 PM
6L PWR
Postmaster
Oh thanks for your support.
Sorry, but you're just laid back and relaxed and, well, she's got ya' by a bit!

I agree with the others here to. You got out of one bad deal, don't let yourself get in another. As much as I tease you, you're a good guy with alot to offer!!

Old 01-10-2007, 11:27 PM
Gunner15a
Elder User
I'm thinking she just likes to fight. Seems like everyday there is some life changing trauma going on....and shouldn't I leave work/skip church/ditch whomever I'm with to go to her side and make all right in her world.

At the moment, we're taking the night off and "thinking". I'm thinking we're done.

Humph.
Brother, I feel your pain.......But every once in a while you got to tell her (like I have to tell mine) where to get off.

If you don't you're going to spend the rest of your life wimpering "yes dear.......no dear..........three bags full dear"...........

She's just torqued because you put your freinds in front of her, without her permission...........she'll get over it, and if she don't, well she don't.

Never surrender your......pair........

Gunner15a

Old 01-11-2007, 06:32 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would have to go with the rest here, sonds a lot like my ex, come on sweet and nice, then when they think you are surrendered, they change their behavior and the true person comes out... when she knew that you already had plans, and expected you to drop them because she made alternate plans for you, definitely time to put on the brakes. Doesn't seem to be an isolated incident either from what you are saying...

Old 01-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Gunner15a
Elder User
Originally Posted by fellro86
I would have to go with the rest here, sonds a lot like my ex, come on sweet and nice, then when they think you are surrendered, they change their behavior and the true person comes out... when she knew that you already had plans, and expected you to drop them because she made alternate plans for you, definitely time to put on the brakes. Doesn't seem to be an isolated incident either from what you are saying...
Concur. My wife used to try that little trick with me. I'd have plans (which she didn't ask about, like work on my truck or fly my flight sims) and she'd march in and say "We're going to do X and Y and Z today". And I'd tell her,"Whats this WE sh(%, paleface.".......And she'd march off in a huff.

Finally she cornered me about it. And I told her flat,"When you're out gardening or do something YOU want to do, I don't march out and change YOUR plans for YOU. What right do you have to come do the same to me?". And that REALLY pissed her off......at the time. The next day she came to me and said,to her credit,"I DO do that, don't I.". Now, we get our day squared away the evening BEFORE, that way nobody's toes get stepped on.

The key to this is mutual respect. MUTUAL respect. She sounds like she need to grow a little of this if your deal is going to work out.

Just my .02 cents

Gunner15a

Old 01-11-2007, 04:29 PM
ben97
Senior User
Women,
Cant live with em,
Cant live without em,
Sure as heck cant shoot em!

Old 01-11-2007, 04:58 PM
tcbofade
Hotshot
Wanna bet?

I think I'm ready to be single again. I can go borrow one for an hour when I need to...

Quick Reply: Boys Night Out vs. Angry Girlfriend