Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 01:49 PM
rsylvstr
Cargo Master
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
oil bypass filter

looking at installing
http://www.oilguard.com/AutoInstall.php

anyone have suggestions for installation? or other brands?
thanks.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:38 PM
LxMan1

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I don't really see the need for one. The stock filter works fine.

Old 01-12-2007, 05:03 AM
rsylvstr
Cargo Master
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by LxMan1
I don't really see the need for one. The stock filter works fine.
Guess i've been getting paranoid with all this oil info on here i've been reading.
Thanks.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:47 AM
bareaneye
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rsylvstr
Guess i've been getting paranoid with all this oil info on here i've been reading.
Thanks.
I installed one from Baldwin. Cost was about half or less than what they are charging. I was told it filters down to 1-2 microns. From what I understand it dirt that kills our engines. Why not filter it even better. The filters only cost around $5.00. I just went to a local oil filter dealer. I use this in addition to my regular filter which is a puralator pure one. I did alot of research on the net and after "filtering" thru the BS, this appeared to be one of the better filters on the market. Some of the tests I looked at showed/ documented how much filter media was in many filters on the market. One guy bought, cut open and measured the sq inches of filter media of each filter. Interesting study. I currently use a synthetic oil and my regular puralator pure one and a B-50 Baldwin filter. I change filters at 5,000 miles, and add oil and run up to 10,000 miles and then change. I recently had my intake and valve covers off after 30,000 miles of this practice and it was SPOTLESS!! Call me crazy, but it's working for me!