Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pulled out a cop car

Anybody ever pulled a cop out the mud.

Old 01-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Skinsfan6
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've never seen a cop stuck in the mud....

Old 01-08-2007, 03:27 PM
MBBFord
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
No, but I'm guessing you did, so where's the story?
I've seen them stuck in the median on the interstate, but didn't even think about helping them out, b/c they NEVER helped me out of anything.

Old 01-08-2007, 04:02 PM
fishmanndotcom
Lead Driver
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
thats pretty cool man! whats the sotry behind that?

coolest thing i have pulle out was a small dumptruck on the side of the road that couldnt get traction for th life of him!

-cutts-

Old 01-08-2007, 04:06 PM
TwelveAlpha
Elder User
No but man that'd better be worth one freebie.
Best I did was a lumberyard delivery truck, you know the flatbed kind like the Intl's. He started down this road to the house in the midst of a doozy of a snow storm and just slid right into the ditch. Of course its slick and hes got way too many tires on the ground so hes got no traction at all.
F350 was dwarfed by this thing, but 4L yanked him right clear.

Old 01-08-2007, 04:19 PM
mudslingur
Senior User
Me and some guys were mudding in a ditch that we though was public since it looked like crap(trash,high grass).There was only about a 20 foot wide path that was low grass in the center of the ditch where we were mud dragging against each other.Well it turns out it was private property,and to make things worse my buddy was drunk and let him know so the county sheriff had to do some thing about it.so we took off the other way.insted of driving around the ditch to chase us he tried to cross through the ditch.he was trying to drive over clay and that stuff gets slicker than dog**** when it rains.so he gets stuck.Well i went back to see if i could get on the guys good side.He agreed i pull him out,and he forgets all that happened so i parked my truck on the bank shieing my lights down on the car and pulled him out with my winch and some old chains.

True Story
No BS

Old 01-08-2007, 04:26 PM
fishmanndotcom
Lead Driver
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
cool man, i'm kinda surprised he let ya off though! must have been in a good mood.

-cutts-

Old 01-08-2007, 04:26 PM
quadzjr
just another Rockwell looser
ive seen cops stuck out in the woods many times, only one ever let me help him out, all the other ones said they were not allowed to get help for some reason.

Old 01-08-2007, 04:39 PM
mudslingur
Senior User
Originally Posted by fishmanndotcom
cool man, i'm kinda surprised he let ya off though! must have been in a good mood.

-cutts-
He was new and on some probation period of something.He said if he screwed up(like gettin stuck)or didnt follow the rules he would get canned.

Old 01-09-2007, 10:14 AM
big hoss 29
Posting Guru
So if I'm reading your story right, you were mud dragging on private property, with a drunk friend, the cop shows up and says he has to enforce the law and you decide it's a good idea to run. Well, obviously you were in the right! After all, who is he to enforce any one of the laws you and your friends broke! It's actions like yours that get some great areas shut off to people who respect the land and the laws. Just my $.02

Old 01-09-2007, 10:43 AM
captain p4
Post Fiend
Yeah, you should never wheel illegally, always find out whats up first. Still a funny story though

Old 01-09-2007, 04:17 PM
luckster
Junior User
Several years ago, when I was still in the army and a HMMWV driver at the time, I pulled out TWO military cops. One driving a civilian style jeep cherokee got stuck in the snow/mud. Another with a HMMWV tried to pull him out but from a poor spot and also got stuck. I came along, found a better pulling spot, got the Hummer out, then went to work on the cherokee. I knew I'd pull it but it would be slow, I told the idiot to be patient, don't gas it trying to help. Well, of course he wants to help, lays on the throttle, after I pull him out of the hole and he gains traction, he slams into the back of my HMMWV. I had to fill out accident reports and get investigated by military CID. Winter 1995 Yakima Training Center, Washington

Old 01-09-2007, 08:20 PM
TJM70
Senior User
I saw a local police officer stuck once....i was with my friend and he sped up to 75 to pass him and he couldn't come after him. I thought it was funny.

Old 01-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Galveston Yankee
Junior User
Never pulled a cop out, but did pull a city one ton work truck out of soft sand. Guy got stuck at a beach entrance the city refused to maintain just to make it harder for people to get to. Pulled him out and told him to tell the city manager who did it and saved the city some money. Been trying to get the city to do things right for a long time - they don't care for me too much!

GY

Old 01-13-2007, 12:03 PM
robin1t2002
Junior User
I've seen them stuck in the median on the interstate, but didn't even think about helping them out, b/c they NEVER helped me out of anything.

Thats a nice attitude to have but I guess if they were in the median they were probably runing radar and screwing with people. Mabey he derserved to be stuck.

Quick Reply: Pulled out a cop car