1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

1960 Power Steering/Fuel Tank

Old 08-29-2000, 09:21 AM
disvnvet
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate all the assistance I have been given regarding the Power Steering Kit and the Toyota Box.

I have one additional question: Has anyone tried to use the 1971 Mustang Power Steering box on a 60 Truck. I understand that the Pitman Arm can be positioned 4 ways and can be installed through the frame.

I have not been able to find out if the size of the box is limiting.

I am installing a 352 with C-6. Any input would be helpful.

I am still looking for additional options regarding the fuel tank. I prefer not to use the Isuzu due to structural integrity. The configuration of the pre-57 pickups is different and I am concerned that the relocation of the crossmember away from the rear spring hangers will cause fatigue cracks in the frame since the hangers are riveted to the outside of the frame.

Once again, any help would be appreciated.

Old 09-28-2000, 12:53 PM
niteowl
Senior User

Greetings,
I would also be interested in the fuel tank options.
My 60 tank was removed from the cab and placed in the bed by a former owner. It is really inconvenient there and could easily be punctured by anything being hauled in the truck.
I would like to go to an under the bed tank and would appreciate others input/experiences.

Old 09-28-2000, 05:45 PM
Kenny
Cargo Master

Search this Thread