North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

maybe gone for a bit.

Old 01-01-2007, 09:44 PM
frankenbroncoII
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
maybe gone for a bit.

i may not be able to post on here every day but ill do my best. im getting ready to help my dad restore his 71 duster. he wants to tear it down to the nothing and start back from there.. (there goes some late nights and a few weekends). right now he tracking down a 440 BB to drop in her in place of the 340 she has now. nothing wrong with the 340 runs like a champ but something a stuffing a BB in a 3600 lB (curb weight) car just sounds like fun.

so all have great luck on your projects and day to day lives. ill do my best to keep in touch.

-kenny

Old 01-02-2007, 09:15 AM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Kenny sounds like fun and a great project. We'll be here and let us know how it goes.. Email me anytime I'll pm you my email.

Old 01-02-2007, 03:49 PM
ncfirefighter46
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah i had a 73 duster 318 factory all orginal and only had 73,000 miles never wrecked, and had all the service papers sold it for 1500.00

Old 01-02-2007, 05:34 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by ncfirefighter46
yeah i had a 73 duster 318 factory all orginal and only had 73,000 miles never wrecked, and had all the service papers sold it for 1500.00
Ya Shoulda kept it...

Old 01-02-2007, 06:49 PM
ncfirefighter46
Elder User
it was worth selling to fix my tooth that is about all it was good for LOL

Old 01-04-2007, 09:33 PM
frankenbroncoII
Elder User
havent started on taking anything apart yet. but i plan to take pictures and make a scrap book. back in the late 70s early 80s my dad paid $500 for the car. solid stock. it had been wrecked when he bought it and it ran like a turd. at night it lit up like a christmas tree under the hood. he changed the plugs wires and re routed the choke cable so it wasnt shorting across the coil and it ran like a champ. new fender, hood and door. by this time he had the car 2 weeks and had around $800 invested in it. since then he put a 4.30 full spoiled rear end in it. at one time he had a 383 BB in it with 440 magnum heads (the 440 magnums wear nothing like the magnum engines dodge made from the early to late 90s pls dont confuse the 2) had the syspension re done so it would grip and go off the line. it would pull mid to high 10s in the quarter with street tires and stock torque converter ( and the 383) in the mid 80s he had to sell it for finicial reasons. then in 2001 i saw it on and used (rip you off if you let em car lot) on the way home from work. i stopped and took a look at it. it was the very car i remembered from my childhood. once i got home and told my dad about it, he went back to the car lot and haggled with the owner... 3 hours later i traded my truck on it for down payment and my dad gave him 4k. though i love a ford i dont bleed blue.. it just this car has alot of fond memeries from when a was lil one. and now that i have said alot, and even though its not a ford, the reason im posting this and going to keep this up and alive as long as you guys let me, is to get you guys interested in such things as fixing up old things, and if you have dads (which im sure you do) and or kids or even fond memories of things you remember from child hood, it gives you something to build on as a family. i may be only 23 but my family is the most important thing to me. and doing this project lets me spend more time with my dad and build new memeries. i aslo hope the make such a legecy that my son who is 2 years old will be happy of and can learn from. though he loves his mustang hot-wheels lol.

Old 01-05-2007, 05:23 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Great write up Franken. But in my case my children are not into cars and My Father isn't a part of our family.

Old 01-05-2007, 07:32 PM
frankenbroncoII
Elder User
i am sorry to hear that. i hold family close to me, but i rarely speak to, or see my mom. i know whats its like not to have a parent around. but i have had a good relationship with my dad, he has always been there for me any time i needed his aid. no matter how big or small he was there.

Old 01-05-2007, 07:40 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by frankenbroncoII
i am sorry to hear that. i hold family close to me, but i rarely speak to, or see my mom. i know whats its like not to have a parent around. but i have had a good relationship with my dad, he has always been there for me any time i needed his aid. no matter how big or small he was there.
Don't be sorry it's his choice.I had a great realationship with my grandparents and my mother.She just passed away year ago Dec. But the family I have now I wouldn't trade it.

BTW email me when you can I would like to ask a ? about my Dodge. I haven't really worked on one in almost 20 years.

Old 01-05-2007, 08:12 PM
MAKO314
Cargo Master
don't tell Cliff, my brother used to have a 71 duster with a 440 wedge motor in it . I drove it a time or five and man that damn thing would carry the mail. I guess it didn't help any that kieth dorton built the engine. oh and yes my neighbor has a 1970 road runner that I started to buy it has a built 383 six pack in it but I thought better of it.

Originally Posted by frankenbroncoII
i may not be able to post on here every day but ill do my best. im getting ready to help my dad restore his 71 duster. he wants to tear it down to the nothing and start back from there.. (there goes some late nights and a few weekends). right now he tracking down a 440 BB to drop in her in place of the 340 she has now. nothing wrong with the 340 runs like a champ but something a stuffing a BB in a 3600 lB (curb weight) car just sounds like fun.

so all have great luck on your projects and day to day lives. ill do my best to keep in touch.

-kenny

Old 01-05-2007, 08:13 PM
ncfirefighter46
Elder User
Originally Posted by Old Tired Rebel
Don't be sorry it's his choice.I had a great realationship with my grandparents and my mother.She just passed away year ago Dec. But the family I have now I wouldn't trade it.

BTW email me when you can I would like to ask a ? about my Dodge. I haven't really worked on one in almost 20 years.
oh cliff you got a problem with the dodge UUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMM?

Old 01-05-2007, 08:19 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by ncfirefighter46
oh cliff you got a problem with the dodge UUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMM?
Nah it's just waiting for your F250 to go

BOOM!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-05-2007, 08:20 PM
MAKO314
Cargo Master
got a problem with the dodge , hell a dodge is a damn problem

Old 01-05-2007, 08:22 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by MAKO314
got a problem with the dodge , hell a dodge is a damn problem
It's also waiting for your F250 to go

BOOM!!!!!

Old 01-05-2007, 08:26 PM
MAKO314
Cargo Master
how about this we hook my truck to the rear of your dodge and john's truck to the front of your dodge and see if we can make that old goat squeal like a pig then it will fit in down in your neck of the woods

Search this Thread