1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lets see pics of all ur lifted super dutys

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 04:28 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
20's look okay, but I'd recommend 17's or 18's. You get more rubber, so they look better IMO, the ride is better with more sidewall...and most importantly, the 17/18" rubber is significantly cheaper than 20" rubber
Originally Posted by Maxium4x4
More on road than off around here, the BFG's are about the middle of the road for me.
How do you like the BFG A/T? MY BFG M/T are worthless offroad, and are going to wear quickly with my street driving. I've noticed over the years that the A/T is loved by everyone in the 1/2 tons and seem to be pretty popular in the SD's

Old 08-13-2011, 05:05 PM
T8R
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More on road than off around here, the BFG's are about the middle of the road for me.
JMHO, but 20's are pretty if you're into that look... and the shorter side wall might handle a little better on road, but as mentioned... are considerably more expensive and limit your tire options.

The advantages of 18" or smaller were well stated above. It's also easier to find E rated tires and hub-centric wheels if you tow. (Anything over 20" just starts to seem ghetto and useless off road... like an Escalade in a mall parking lot.)

Originally Posted by tylus
20's look okay, but I'd recommend 17's or 18's. You get more rubber, so they look better IMO, the ride is better with more sidewall...and most importantly, the 17/18" rubber is significantly cheaper than 20" rubber

How do you like the BFG A/T? MY BFG M/T are worthless offroad, and are going to wear quickly with my street driving. I've noticed over the years that the A/T is loved by everyone in the 1/2 tons and seem to be pretty popular in the SD's
The compound of the BFG's seems to have changed, right around the time they became oem on escalades... and they don't last nearly as a long. You can't really blame them, as the types that drive escalade's don't know any better... and seem proud of throwing extra $ at it whenever they can. The side wall is also entirely too soft for towing. Yes, you can get it E-rated, but the tire is designed to have a nice rid in a much lighter gasser 1/2 ton... so with any weight behind a 3/4 or 1 ton... they tend to get squishy and squirmy under load. With the weight of a big diesel on the front end, steering feels a little mushy as well. Great for little 1/2 ton's though.

Ford actually had an issue with the tire wear when they were considering BFG's for the Raptor... so BFG actually changed the compound again before ford would agree to use them as the oem tire. (The 33" BFG A/T that goes on the Raptor is a special order item with a unique compound for improved tread life.. and priced accordingly.)

If you spend a lot of time on road where tire wear is a concern, General has a version of the Grabber A/T that is very similar (aesthetically) to the BFG all terrain, with a little more intricate tread block and better tread life that's gotten excellent reviews and did well in actual testing.

Michelin also has an A/T that has the best on-road handling and wears like iron.. but doesn't look nearly as aggressive... so you won't see them on many lifted trucks.

Sorry if that got a bit o/t, but it all pertains to lifted trucks.

Old 08-13-2011, 06:01 PM
Maxium4x4
Super Moderator
Received 3,392 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Originally Posted by tylus

In a nut shell, a mud tire is great but noisy on the road and wear fast, the BFG AT is middle of the road, not great in mud but will clean out with wheel spin. Good in snow and do not hydroplane in water or pull. I like them very well and have good results on balance and ride. Another tire I have considered is the Cepek FC II.

Old 08-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Gage2502
Fleet Mechanic
Heres a few pictures of mine...I still need to get tires/wheels I just dont which ones yet.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:25 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
sorry for derailing. promise it'll be the last
Originally Posted by T8R
The compound of the BFG's seems to have changed,

they tend to get squishy and squirmy under load. With the weight of a big diesel on the front end, steering feels a little mushy as well. Great for little 1/2 ton's though.
well crap. The BFG A/T was in my top 3 for replacement tires on the wifes Expy. The Expy is over 6,000 lbs empty, and with 6 of us and stuff...it quickly reaches SD wieghts. Our POS Pirelli tires (20" rims btw ) have 22,000 miles and are scaring me with how little tread is left. Not to mention the their horrible ride and other **** poor tire characteristics
In a nut shell, a mud tire is great but noisy on the road and wear fast, the BFG AT is middle of the road, not great in mud but will clean out with wheel spin. Good in snow and do not hydroplane in water or pull. I like them very well and have good results on balance and ride. Another tire I have considered is the Cepek FC II.
thx. These M/T don't clean out at all with wheel spin. I'm going to stick with M/T's on this truck. I don't drive much, so I'm stuck with these forever I guess. Really wish the Destination M/T was made in a 35" tire...don't understand why they only make a 33" or smaller

Old 08-21-2011, 10:34 PM
icemann21
Senior User
Originally Posted by Layson
Pretty much just a modified bumper....
Modified or not, I love the look of that bumper. Sorry I have been off for a few weeks due to work. But Layson I would love to talk to you about that black grille you have in the other pic. If you could give me some insight on where you got it, otherwise if we could talk about it if it is custom.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:17 AM
jbarefoot
Senior User
Here's my lifted Superduty. I am currently building a front and rear 4 link full air bag suspension for it. Can't post pics but there in my gallery.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:47 AM
ford141
More Turbo
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jbarefoot
Here's my lifted Superduty. I am currently building a front and rear 4 link full air bag suspension for it. Can't post pics but there in my gallery.
Was your truck at Carlisle this year?

Old 08-22-2011, 09:04 AM
jbarefoot
Senior User
No, it's torn apart, but I went anyway. I saw some really nice trucks there, lot's of good ideas.

Old 08-22-2011, 10:11 AM
SoCalSuperDuty03
Elder User
I can't seem to add pics to posts for some reason either. Here is my favorite truck, which I bought new. If I can't figure out how to post some pics of my daily driver, which is a nearly identical '02, but with a 7.3, I will add some to my gallery.

Old 08-22-2011, 03:16 PM
GR$$N$
Senior User
Old 08-22-2011, 03:20 PM
cartmanea
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GR$$N$

Optical illusion, or does that box look pink?

Old 08-22-2011, 05:44 PM
Maxium4x4
Super Moderator
Received 3,392 Likes on 2,089 Posts
I like the front fenders Gr$$n$

Old 08-22-2011, 07:47 PM
Quad Racer
Cargo Master
Received 135 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by Gage2502
Heres a few pictures of mine...I still need to get tires/wheels I just dont which ones yet.

Thats nice. What size tire / wheel package you thinking? Is that a sky warn sticker on the back window?

Old 08-22-2011, 08:32 PM
BigPigDaddy
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GR$$N$
Awesome SuperDuty!

Needs more lights though.

Quick Reply: Lets see pics of all ur lifted super dutys