Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio & Mobile Electronics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio & Mobile Electronics SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-31-2006, 06:00 PM
Post Fiend

SuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to behold
86 F250 radio install ?

I have a 86 F250 and received a Sony CDX-L300 from a friend but only got the instructions on how to wire it up.

My Problem is the previous owner removed the radio that was in the truck and butchered up the radio bezel what's the best way I can install this radio?

I never installed this type of radio. Thanks
Old 01-01-2007, 03:08 AM
Elder User

Nathane is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tired Rebel
I have a 86 F250 and received a Sony CDX-L300 from a friend but only got the instructions on how to wire it up.

My Problem is the previous owner removed the radio that was in the truck and butchered up the radio bezel what's the best way I can install this radio?

I never installed this type of radio. Thanks
Get a new bezel, or, fix your old one... I resized mine by first measuring (very carefully) the exact fit needed for the new radio's sleave, and cutting it out (VERY percisly). Then, if you plan on keeping the radio, filling the holes around that area with JB weld, with the sleave in....

Whoever stole mine's must have gotten a hell of a suprize when they went to take the sleave out of the bezel... HA HA jerks, jokes on you...

Theift proof it, on my next radio, I'm supergluging razor blades to the cooling fins on the back... The ONLY reason you'd touch thoose during removal is if you dotn have the keys, and are pulling the radio out...

HA razor blade slice to the bone, providng DNA evdince and stuff......

PWI in progress, I appligize for the rant

Sony's are crap though, just so you know a good quallity radio (with limited fetures) is around $120... Hit up best buy, get a good one (alpine, pioneere, kenwood... no off brands, or sony)

good luck with the tunage
~Nate
Old 01-01-2007, 11:09 AM
Post Fiend

SuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to behold
Thanks Nate the radio I have was given to me by another member,so I'll use it the only concern I had was the dash brackets for the radio I didn't know if there is 1 or 2. Does the bezel hold the radio in?
Old 01-01-2007, 11:09 AM