Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Delaware Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Delaware Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-31-2006, 10:07 AM
Senior User

Mark _G is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Mark _G is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Where can people go off-roading in Delaware?

Just wondering.

Mark
2006 F350 6.0 -ARP studs-garrett powermax-bulletproof diesel EGR cooler-accufab intake elbow-MBRP exhaust-isspro gauges-dieselsite coolant filter-bilstein 5100 shocks/steering stabilizer-m/t baja mtz tires

Old 12-31-2006, 10:28 AM
Senior User

toadx8u is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.toadx8u is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
behind my house in the sand pits
Old 12-31-2006, 11:09 AM

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
at the first chapter meeting/picnic, we can go wheeling in georges back yard.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:14 AM
Senior User

toadx8u is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.toadx8u is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
george is just around the corner from me so his back yard is kinda my back yard...but thats just the way sussex county is...
Old 12-31-2006, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
Tom, that pig is starting to smell.hehe, oink

I AM TOTALLY EXHAUSTIPATED!
Old 12-31-2006, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjc transport
at the first chapter meeting/picnic, we can go wheeling in georges back yard.
When suggestions like this are made, it means the poster is volunteering to HOST the first meeting at THEIR house. Just wanted you to know the rules.Click the image to open in full size.

Old 12-31-2006, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

I think Maryland has trails in a state park near Pocomoke, MD. I know there are atv trails not sure about trucks.

Old 12-31-2006, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator

None listed in Delaware, check this site, American Trails-Delaware.

Old 12-31-2006, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

Maryland has ATV trails as listed on American Trails-Maryland.

Old 12-31-2006, 11:06 PM
Post Fiend

thorseshoeing has a brilliant futurethorseshoeing has a brilliant futurethorseshoeing has a brilliant futurethorseshoeing has a brilliant futurethorseshoeing has a brilliant futurethorseshoeing has a brilliant futurethorseshoeing has a brilliant futurethorseshoeing has a brilliant futurethorseshoeing has a brilliant futurethorseshoeing has a brilliant futurethorseshoeing has a brilliant future
I've got a little over 200 acres they you all can tear up, if you don't mind driving about 9 hours to get here.

Tim
Old 12-31-2006, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator

Road Trip! To Tim's.

Old 01-01-2007, 12:19 PM

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by glruff
Tom, that pig is starting to smell.hehe, oink
OK George. just for you i sent piggy back Tony's way.
and seeing how i feel rite about now, i think the new one with homer about sums up how i feel.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Postmaster

surewhynot has much to be proud ofsurewhynot has much to be proud ofsurewhynot has much to be proud ofsurewhynot has much to be proud ofsurewhynot has much to be proud ofsurewhynot has much to be proud ofsurewhynot has much to be proud ofsurewhynot has much to be proud of
It's been a while since I've been in Delaware. When did you guys get roads?
Old 01-18-2007, 12:28 PM
Junior User

Pendor is starting off with a positive reputation.
There is always the C&D Canal Area for us Northerners.
Most areas are roped off, and you not allowed there, but there is one area on the South side of the Canal that appears to be some Sand Quarry or Fill dirt Area that I've been to many times. In fact, one time I drive right past a Park Ranger with my truck doused in mud and he just smiled and waved at me.

To get there, you go South on State Route 9 through Delaware City. Cross the C&D on the Route 9 Bridge. If you look forward and to your left, you should see it from the bridge. Once you cros the bridge, you make your first right-hand turn, and follow the road all the way back around to the Canal itself. At the T-Intersection on the dirt road, make a right, and you'll see a ramp leading to a dirt patch through the trees. Go in there and you'll see bulldozers and maybe a few trucks, and a very large dirt area. It's no Rubicon, but it's fun to splash the mud holes and climb the sand hills.

It's not a bad place to blow off steam, but don't start acting like a fool back there, or whoever owns it might choose to gate it off.
Use common sense and we can all enjoy it for quite awhile.
b
Old 02-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Freshman User

ranger88stx is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendor
There is always the C&D Canal Area for us Northerners.
Most areas are roped off, and you not allowed there, but there is one area on the South side of the Canal that appears to be some Sand Quarry or Fill dirt Area that I've been to many times. In fact, one time I drive right past a Park Ranger with my truck doused in mud and he just smiled and waved at me.

To get there, you go South on State Route 9 through Delaware City. Cross the C&D on the Route 9 Bridge. If you look forward and to your left, you should see it from the bridge. Once you cros the bridge, you make your first right-hand turn, and follow the road all the way back around to the Canal itself. At the T-Intersection on the dirt road, make a right, and you'll see a ramp leading to a dirt patch through the trees. Go in there and you'll see bulldozers and maybe a few trucks, and a very large dirt area. It's no Rubicon, but it's fun to splash the mud holes and climb the sand hills.

It's not a bad place to blow off steam, but don't start acting like a fool back there, or whoever owns it might choose to gate it off.
Use common sense and we can all enjoy it for quite awhile.
b
Plenty of places at the canal. I have always seen that spot but never went there as i figured we would get in trouble in there. There are tons of trails all over the canal and as long as you don't go flying down the main roads and aren't messing up the place by littering or just being a jerk the rangers pretty much leave you alone. My buddy and i have been going down to an area that has a nice mud hole and trails and table tops. Of course we are ripping on our quads not our trucks but there have been trucks there having a blast before.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:23 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Delaware Chapter

Tags
canal, cd, de, delaware, dover, mud, offroading, places, road, roading, roads, smyrna, toadx8uaimcom, truck, wheeling