Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Exhaust & Intake Preferences

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Merton Leeper
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust & Intake Preferences

Am curious about the Colorado Chapter and how many either are going to make exhaust & intake modifications or have. Also, wonder if those who are in a central location, like Denver-Metro ever get together for breakfast, lunch or whatever.

Seems like the general concensus on Exhaust & Intakes nationwide mostly favors magnaflow, flowmaster, and borla products. But there are many new (in the last five years, systems that are supergood) just not well advertised. What do you all have or want on your F-150's.

Old 08-07-2006, 02:26 AM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Merton Leeper
Also, wonder if those who are in a central location, like Denver-Metro ever get together for breakfast, lunch or whatever.
As a group, not really. Most of the time it seems like a few might be interested in the same event, or meet up at the junkyard.

Myself, I'm almost ready to participate in a wrench day. But that's just my cow town mentality. If we had enough interest, it might be worthwhile to set up a how-to day. Business owners are always interested in reaching multitudes of people. A number of people interested in a particular product or service is every merchants dream. From that position it's not hard to ask for a discount. LOL

The intake/exhaust question: My '74 is exempt from a lot of regulation, not much applies to that sharp lookin '02 you have.

Old 08-07-2006, 05:55 PM
Merton Leeper
Freshman User
Hypoid:
Just got back from Buena Vista a couple of minutes ago. Don't know how much time you have or others but it would be fun for 4 or 5 of us (or two) to meet for breakfast (Guenther Toodies has a $3.99 breakfast everyday but Sat & Sun.). I work four days per week, five hours per day. Monday is my best day off. How about you and maybe we can get some of our other Colorado (Denver/Metro) Ford owners to join us. Doesn't sound like their is much activity with the Colorado group. So, lets light some fires and at least try to get more forum activity. By the way, really like the older Ford trucks, they were built like tanks and you could actually work on them. Mert

Old 08-08-2006, 12:00 AM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
So, lets light some fires and at least try to get more forum activity.
Ditto that! The people I've met through this forum have been really decent. I guess that's why I'm not so bashfull. LOL
A few years ago we were invited to another group's (several here are members there also) picnic. A comment was made to me that the biggest turnout was from FTE, hmmmm...

Anyway, I'm on a Mon-Fri schedule with one weekend a month on call; this weekend as a matter of fact. If I work at all it's usually a half day. I'm notified before I leave work Friday eve.

I'm always up for a cup of Java, it's the only vice I have left.LOL
I have cores for Pull-n-Save, kinda tired of looking at them. Looks like I'll be heading for Aurora soon.

Mike

Old 08-08-2006, 09:11 AM
Merton Leeper
Freshman User
Mike: Am curious, where do you live in the Denver/Metro? I live in unincorporated Littleton, near Ken Caryl & S. Wadsworth. Got to go to work, catch you later. Mert

Old 08-09-2006, 01:31 AM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
I'm off highway 58 and Washington Ave. in Golden. So many highways so close, no wonder they want to put another in.

Old 08-09-2006, 09:14 AM
Merton Leeper
Freshman User
Hypoid:
I grew up in Golden - Went to kindergarten, grade, junior and high schools at Golden. Graduated in 1962. Know the town as it was in the olden days - we used to drag on 93 just out of town. It is really a small world. Mert

Old 08-12-2006, 01:41 AM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Small world... and getting smaller!
I grew up in unincorporated Arapahoe county, about a mile west of Buckingham Square. When I was 16 I wrecked my bicycle on Mississippi Ave., a boundry line at the time. I had: 3 fire depts, 2 ambulances, 2 county sheriffs, 2 police departments, 1 state patrol respond to the 911 call. They decided to take me to University Hosp. because I was on the North (Denver) side of the street. It didn't matter that the Aurora Hosp. and my Doc were 5 minutes the other direction. Hopefully some changes that have taken place are for the better. LOL

We moved up here about three years ago, the Mrs. loves it! She wouldn't mind moving a little further up-hill after the nest is empty. Now that she has seen more than a silhouette of the mountians, she doesn't want to leave the state. Big relief for me, I missed the hills the last time I left.

Old 08-14-2006, 11:59 PM
Mike G
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
... near Ken Caryl & S. Wadsworth. ...
Just so happens, I'm on the southwest corner, behind the condos (Carr & Morraine)....

--Mike

Old 01-23-2007, 07:39 PM
skunktruck
Senior User
Hey guys,
You know I wouldn't mind doing lunch somtimes but denver is so far from colorado springs. but if you pass through drop me a line
Jim

Old 01-23-2007, 08:35 PM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Never know what's gonna happen next. LOL

When I know I'll be down that way, I'll be sure to hollar.

I was down just after Christmas for a memorial service. A few weeks later I took my wife's step-dad back to Nebraska. With all this driving around it dawned on me that I don't travel for fun, it's always some sad thing I go and do. Taking a few trips just for fun is on my agenda for this coming year.

If you have an itch to go play this weekend, I know of a couple people in your area who are talking about a trip. They are on another forum, you'll have to email me for a link: hypoids.haus at yahoo dot com.

Old 01-24-2007, 10:58 AM
Merton Leeper
Freshman User
Hypoid:
You probably wonder what happened to me, well, in August of last year I was diagnosed with Esophageal Cancer and have been fighting it every since with Chemo, Radiation, and finally surgery Dec. 4 of last year. Am just now beginning to feel like a real person again. So, maybe I can begin to get active again on this forum.
Anyway, Golden is a great place to live. My 45 high school reunion from Golden will happen in August of this year.

Mert

Old 01-25-2007, 01:45 AM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Wow Mert, that's a slammer for news! I read the mortality rate for E.C. was pretty high? We are pretty lucky to have you back!

I bet your Mrs is pretty thrilled to see you get better. We better behave ourselves, keep the recovery on track. ;~|

Old 01-25-2007, 11:58 PM
Merton Leeper
Freshman User
Hypoid:
You are right, the mortality rate is high for this type of Cancer. We caught it at stage 2 of 4. 3&4 are almost always fatal. All of the Cancer is gone but one lymph gland was affected, it was removed during surgery. Only God knows if I am Cancer free now. Anyway, still have more tests to under go to assure success. So far, so good. Will keep you informed.

Mert

Old 01-26-2007, 12:30 AM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Anyway, still have more tests to under go to assure success. So far, so good. Will keep you informed.

Mert
Thanks Mert! I appreciate the update.