1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Door Latches

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2001, 11:58 PM
frd56f100
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door Latches

I am having a problem with the door latch in my 56 f100. A few months back the driver's door swung open while I was going on reverse. The door hitted a metal fence post, the door was forced open all the way, the cab was then damaged as well as the door. I sent the door to the body shop, but I am yet to fix the lower part of the cab that was damaged. I reinstalled the door, however the door won't close now, it feels like something is on the way. When I do get the door to get to the latch (I have to close it really hard), the latch won't work, it is also damaged. Is there a better type of door latches for this truck? I like to know before I call Sacramento Vintage to order a new stock door latch. I really need to get this fixed, I am getting tired of getting out of the truck from the passenger side (I am able to close the door sometimes).

Joe
jangel@hilconet.com
PS By the way, I am not a new member. I just closed my AOL account sometime ago and did not post for a few months. The digest e-mail used to be sent to frd56f100(No Email Addresses In Posts!), I no longer use that e-mail address.

Old 07-23-2001, 08:44 AM
hotrod56
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door Latches

they make a "bear claw" type latch that some of the newer models use. They're sold in the ads in the truck.magazines. But, nothing will help until you fix the cab. The hinge alignment has to be right no matter what type of latch you use. Good Luck.

Old 07-23-2001, 11:29 AM
cal401
Senior User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Door Latches