Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 or 4.2 V6 engine
SPONSORED BY:
Click HereAdvertisement

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-14-2003, 11:57 PM
Freshman User

FordDude4L is starting off with a positive reputation.
Why Not try some sort of petition suggestion letter?

I sorta got this idea up along will TallPaul. It's a long shot but maybe if we call, send letter e-mails letting them know we would like to see this or that. They just might realize how many people want let's the 300 6 back or a manual in all engine in the F-150. It is sorta along shot, but enless we don't voice our oppion there isn't much going to happen. This is one of the direct reasons of the FX4 comming standard with a manual. On ranger serveys, people were saying they wanted a high end manual version, and thus the FX4 Ranger. IM not saying anything WILL happen but something MIGHT happen. Just an idea.
Old 01-15-2003, 07:52 AM
Founder ... Stay Tuned

FTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputation

Its too late for that. The engineers said the work on this truck began back in 1998-1999, its not a decision that can be made overnight. Also, a great deal of the truck came from Ford viewing the major Ford truck sites almost daily. The numbers just don't support you, there just aren't that many people excited about 300s.

The FX4 is an entire line covering all trucks and was made to combat the Z71.
Old 01-15-2003, 04:06 PM
Freshman User

FordDude4L is starting off with a positive reputation.

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 01-15-03 AT 04:10 PM (EST)]The FX4 is an entire line, however , there are inconsistances with what is offered with it. Such being the Manual in the Ranger but not with the 4.6/5.4 in f-150. And I think another reason why the online community may not support the numbers is because of the fact that many of the people who like the 4.9 I6 probbly don't post, and might not even have access. I know of 4 people who had the 300 I6 combo that loved it who aren't online. I understand what your saying, but it's like anything els. Only going with technology ALWAYS leaves some people in the dark. But if people in the 4.2 forum are talking about a class action lawsuit because of the 4.2 then ford doesn't see anything wrong with putting another 4.2 out? Alot of that doesn't make sense, im just gonna keep voicing my oppion and eventually maybe something will come of it, and include some stuff people are asking for. Plus they could always bring back the custom pickups, to at least leave the 5.4/4.6 Manual option open, it's not like they don't have the trans.

Oh well, Im liking the F-250/F-350's more and more now, although there is not doubt the 2004 F-150 will be a huge sucess... On a side note ford seems to have huge issues with engineering. I think they are finally starting to get some stuff straight, but I have heard a lot of stories about how stuff works over there.

-It's never too late to voice your oppion, if nobody speaks up, then there will be no way of them hearing what each of us may want. At least this way we have a shot.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:49 PM
Postmaster

kspilkinton has a very good reputation on FTE.kspilkinton has a very good reputation on FTE.kspilkinton has a very good reputation on FTE.kspilkinton has a very good reputation on FTE.

Old 01-15-2003, 08:49 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F150