Sponsored by: DP Tuner

block heater cord plug

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 09:22 PM
MAKO314
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
block heater cord plug

where did you guys get the flush mounted block heater plug. is it a marine part or what. thanks

Old 12-22-2006, 12:07 AM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not sure where the guys who have done it bought theirs, but I'm pretty sure it is a marine plug.

Old 12-22-2006, 08:31 AM
rjrhodes
Senior User
Originally Posted by MAKO314
where did you guys get the flush mounted block heater plug. is it a marine part or what. thanks
I've been thinking about this for a while...does anyone have pictures of what it looks like installed?

Old 12-22-2006, 08:50 AM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
http://www.iboats.com/mall/?keywords..._in_category=t

Some of the Shore power connectors should work
6 down on the page
Hubbell Shore Power Inlet
Inlet - 316 Stainless Steel
Spare Interior F/Hbl303ss, Hbl303nm 10
Stainless Steel 30A/125V-2 Pole 3 Wire

Old 12-22-2006, 03:26 PM
MAKO314
Cargo Master
thanks man I was wanting to do this mod but did not know where to get the plug. again thanks

Originally Posted by amiller93
http://www.iboats.com/mall/?keywords=brand_354_Hubbell&category_id=5&search_i n_category=t

6 down on the page

Old 12-22-2006, 03:48 PM
DaveWilliams
Elder User
Marinco Onboard charger inlet.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...?albumid=25310

Here is the plug I used. It is from West Marine and it is a "Marinco" brand it is called an "onboard charger inlet". You basically get an extention cord about 2 feet long. Plug your block heater into the female end of the cord. Cut it off about 2 feet and pull it through the hole you drilled to mount the charger inlet. Attatch the stripped ends of the 2 foot cord to the inlet. You mount it to the bottom plastic under the bumper where I have mine done and just screw the attatchment nut to the back side and it tightens down very nicely. I have pics of the unit in my gallery. I got it at West Marine but any good marine store should have it. Just look up Marinco onboard charger inlet and you will be in business...Hope this helps...Dave....The link at the top of the page has the picture of the one I used.

Old 12-22-2006, 03:54 PM
DaveWilliams
Elder User
This is for 30 amp service

Sorry but this one in this Iboats link is for a 30 amp twist lock plug. This is what boats use to get 30 amp shore power into thier boats. I work at a marina and this would not work for you unless you are parked next to a pedestal at a marina.....Look at the one I have in my galary....thats the way to go for sure....good luck..Dave

Hubble has one on page 4 but it is a lot more than the Marineco

Originally Posted by amiller93
http://www.iboats.com/mall/?keywords=brand_354_Hubbell&category_id=5&search_i n_category=t

6 down on the page

Last edited by DaveWilliams; 12-22-2006 at 04:00 PM.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:14 PM
jlande
Senior User
Here's a link to the Marinco unit, about the best price on the internet.

http://www.rivermarinesupply.com/xca...ger_Inlet.html

Old 12-22-2006, 10:21 PM
DaveWilliams
Elder User
Good find!

That's the one. Good score on finding it for less than $20. I got mine at West Marine and it was not bad but I get a discount since I work at a local marina. It was a breeze to install but here in South Carolina, I only plugged it in to test and it worked great.

Old 12-22-2006, 10:39 PM
jlande
Senior User
I installed the Marinco unit this past summer & use it everyday here in Minnesota, the price is right & looks clean, no cord hanging out of the bumper. I would really like an auto-eject plug, but can't justify the cost.

http://www.feldfire.com/Online%20Cat...20Auto%20Eject

Old 01-03-2007, 02:33 PM
rjrhodes
Senior User
Originally Posted by DaveWilliams

Here is the plug I used. It is from West Marine and it is a "Marinco" brand it is called an "onboard charger inlet". You basically get an extention cord about 2 feet long. Plug your block heater into the female end of the cord. Cut it off about 2 feet and pull it through the hole you drilled to mount the charger inlet. Attatch the stripped ends of the 2 foot cord to the inlet. You mount it to the bottom plastic under the bumper where I have mine done and just screw the attatchment nut to the back side and it tightens down very nicely. I have pics of the unit in my gallery. I got it at West Marine but any good marine store should have it. Just look up Marinco onboard charger inlet and you will be in business...Hope this helps...Dave....The link at the top of the page has the picture of the one I used.
Thanks for this post...I've been looking for something like this for a while! Do you have any pics of it installed on your truck?

Old 01-03-2007, 11:24 PM
hosemandc
Senior User
Does anyone have a cure to keep the stock block heater plug from sticking. It is so hard to pull it out of my extention cord on cold mornings. Maybe a spray or something?

Tom
2002 F-350 7.3 Banks 4" w/elbow, Gauges, AIS, Racor CCV

Old 01-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Deronn
New User
Originally Posted by DaveWilliams

Maybe I'm missing something really simple here, but why do you need the 2 ft extention cord? Wouldn't cutting the existing cord on the block heater (which already reaches the bumper) and attaching this cord directly to the Marinco inlet work?

Old 01-04-2007, 01:38 AM
TNT in Round Rock
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the one i used (and posted photos of) is a Marinco .. but it does NOT have a plug in it .. you simply clamp in your current plug .. but yeah an auto eject would be cool !

Old 01-04-2007, 07:28 AM
rjrhodes
Senior User
Originally Posted by TNT in Round Rock
the one i used (and posted photos of) is a Marinco .. but it does NOT have a plug in it .. you simply clamp in your current plug .. but yeah an auto eject would be cool !

This looks nice and clean and should be an easy mod. I would agree with Deronn as to why would the extra 2 foot extension cord be required? Maybe a different connector was used?

Quick Reply: block heater cord plug