2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 F-150 Reveal

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 05:08 PM
FordDude4L
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 F-150 Reveal

Well im going to see the truck in a few days at the auto show. My first few glances at the truck I didn't like it at all, but now I don't mind it as much. I think my biggest complaint is similair to everyone elses, ford is really getting away from the whole point of a pickup. I have a 98 F-150, and although it did start to get away form some of the truckness, it still will do work. I just don't like plastic on trucks, over styled trucks, and the engine in the dash.

I just hope the COOL TRUCK thing runs it's coarse.

""the last real 'stang was back in '73!""

Amen to that! My mom still has her 351C Mach 1 from 73', ironcially her car was used for test measurements for a possible FULL SIZE "fastback". Orignally they were going to either build a fast back or standard coupe. The idea got turned down, however Im guessing they eventally decided to meet a happy medium by making a small fastback. However the one concept image we seen of an idea for a full size fast back was a very nice car. Still had the back seat, and it was similair to the 73 styling in the rear, and mid 60's styling in the front. Ford would have had a sure winner with that one... too bad it never made it.

OK... enough car talk.

Old 01-09-2003, 03:55 AM
blie
Junior User
2004 F-150 Reveal

Ok its me again. I have to say about new styling. I think nothing beats the new ford gt. My only complaint on this one is that Ford couldn't get the name gt 40 oh well. I absolute am in love with the design. It is about time ford came out with something fast and crazy. To compete with the vipor and vette, which don't even compare to it. Any way I don't know where on the internet you can see the new Dakota but trust me you'll gag when you see it. I still love my 67 fastback. see ya bob

Old 01-09-2003, 05:03 PM
V8EXPLR
Elder User
2004 F-150 Reveal

I think the new F-150 looks great. Many style points from the SD & Ranger. My main dislike is the bed on the flaresides. Looks like they took the tie downs from the Explorer Sprot Trac, and added them to the F-150. Other than that, my only otherdislike is the plastic. What happened to the trucks with chrome bumpers and accents. I guess everybody is just adding these plastice parts to reduce the weight. Otherwise it's a good looking truck.

I beleive the Lightning is the Silver regular cab version, with hood scoops, and the exhaust swept out the side in front of the rear tires. 500 horse in a 5.4 liter V8. This blows away the Dodge Ran R/T coming out which has the Viper V10 dropped in it.

Old 01-09-2003, 06:57 PM
ckrichard
Elder User
2004 F-150 Reveal

>which photos are the 500 hp Lightning?
The silver truck towards the bottom.

My 2cents:

Ford is going away from the one feature that no other maker had... the light duty trucks had a different styling than the heavy duty. Also, this is pushing me more and more towards keep my 93 explorer. I just cant stand this new "i'll never take this truck off road" look. I agree with ya'll 96 was the last good year.

Chris

Old 01-09-2003, 07:01 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2004 F-150 Reveal

The photos don't do it justice. It is a decidely different look from the SuperDuty and the truck is a heck of a lot tougher looking than the current jelly bean look of the 1997-2003.

Old 01-09-2003, 07:55 PM
Hi Ho
Senior User
2004 F-150 Reveal

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 09-Jan-03 AT 08:56 PM (EST)]I can straighten some things out. First off, There isn't very much plastic on the truck. The truck with the most plastic is the FX-4. The grey along the bottom is two-tone paint, not plastic. The very shor cab is the regular cab. I think the trucks look much better than the current model. Especialy the interior. If you want to see labled pictures go here:

http://www.edmunds.com/news/autoshows/articles/83142/page025.html

Here: http://www.fordvehicles.com/allnewf150/index.asp?bhcp=1#

Or Here: http://autoshow.msn.com/autoshow2003/article.aspx?xml=Ford

Old 01-09-2003, 08:50 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2004 F-150 Reveal

On a Personal Note*

I find that photos of the 2004 don't do the actual truck in person justice.
Seeing the truck in person gives on more insight into what is up with it.

I also have a few photos of the Reveal in a gallery.
The Lightning is a Prime looking Truck and quite surprised with the 500 HP supercharged engine.

I wouldn't want the yellow interior though.
photo's of this in my gallery.

Also, You guys,Ken is a great guy in person too!

Dennis

[i]F.T.E. Assistant Administrator

http://www.clubfte.com/users/mil1ion/starfleet_command_e0.gif

[link:www.ford-trucks.com/guidelines.html|Club FTE]

[link: motorhaven.autoanything.com|How YOU Can Support This Site]

[link:www.clubfte.com/users/mil1ion/Mil1ion.html|My Website,"North Of The 49th"]

Old 01-09-2003, 10:16 PM
FordDude4L
Freshman User
2004 F-150 Reveal

Yeah, I hope I like the truck more when I see it in person... I think I will. Im also very happy to hear the LIghting having 500 horses, this should be able to take any stock truck, and most stock cars on the road. Aside from the viper, but that's what the GT - (40) is for.

You know, why don't they just completely throw out the 4.6 and just switch to the 5.4. Then use the 3.9 V8 to replace the small V8 title. And then offer the 4.2 as the smaller engine.... or ford could be really cool and bring back the IL 300 6.

Oh well, at any rate ford is starting to really boost the power in their auto's... and not just in concepts but actual production models... Bravo on fords part.

Old 01-09-2003, 10:44 PM
blie
Junior User
2004 F-150 Reveal

Ok its me again. I was told at the dealship today that there isn't going to be a super cab anymore. is this true? Either a quad cab or a regular cab with small doors. I hope this isn't true. Any way I think thats awsome about the lightning and the 500 horse power yeehaa. My only frustration is that other than the gt (40) ford does't make a really fast car. Why not offer the same motor in a limited production mach 1 mustang or something. does anyone have a figure for the new lightning as of price??? I here the gt forty is going to be 100,000 us or 140,000 canadian. I live in canada It would be cheaper to buy a canadian one with the exchange rate and drive it down, But that is against the law. A dealship was sued by ford up here for a million dollars for selling two f-350 deisels to a guy in Oregon. As it is cheaper to buy them here with the exchange rate. I found this out when I had to sign a waver promising that I wasn't alloud to sell my truck in the U.S. Oh well I am trying to find a picture of the 2005 mustang. I was told at the dealship to day that it is total retro with round head lights and shelby scoops on the side and the origanal looking mustang emblem with round fog lamps in the middle. sounds cool. take care bob

Old 01-09-2003, 11:19 PM
Mil1ion
New User
2004 F-150 Reveal

The supercab will be available.

I answered his question in another thread here.

I found the 2005 Mustang protype to be a mixture of 4 generations of
Mustangs with a little extra new styling for 04 <> 17" wheels with 30 series tires.
Watch for photos (That I Took )in my new gallery of the auto show.

Dennis

[link:www.clubfte.com/users/mil1ion/Mil1ion.html|My Website,"North Of The 49th"]

Old 01-10-2003, 06:50 AM
TallPaul
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 F-150 Reveal

>The photos don't do it justice. It is a decidely different
>look from the SuperDuty and the truck is a heck of a lot
>tougher looking than the current jelly bean look of the
>1997-2003.

You are absolutely right. I just pulled down a photo from the Ford site advertized here in FTE and this truck really looks good. Even the slant sided grille that I previously said looked bad, looks great in the official Ford photo gallery. I would say this truck looks better than the Superduty. (Just a shame there is no manual tranny offered.) And it restores the classic squared off look that Ford has had since the late 50s.

Fitting characterization of the current F150 Ken: "jelly bean look."

Old 01-10-2003, 10:38 AM
460lover
Senior User
2004 F-150 Reveal

I will truly have to see it in person, but seeing pictures from various websites, I still don't like(I like it more than the first time I saw it).

I still think it looks to toyish.

Ford has gone into the same category with the F-150 as Dodge did with the Ram, the Toy category. It would look much better if they had just axed the ext. cab portion of the regular cab, it looks like an old Nissan with the plastic between windows.

I have to say, I much like the 96's better, and Chevy, with the Avalanche front end on all trucks looks hideous as well. I would say, I would not buy any 1/2 ton truck from Ford, Chevy or Dodge, because of the looks. Luckily, I am only in the market for 3/4 ton or higher.

Old 01-10-2003, 10:58 AM
TallPaul
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 F-150 Reveal

460lover: Check out this photo of an F-150 XL Regular Cab 4x4 with standard 17-steel wheels. I think you will like it.
http://www.fordvehicles.com/allnewf150/gallery/photos/index.asp?nNode=08&bhcp=1

It's the fancy versions that look like toys to me. As for the grille, I think Ford showed restraint making it big and aggressive, but not clownishly big like the Dodge Mayor.

Old 01-10-2003, 12:30 PM
Karic
Elder User
2004 F-150 Reveal

Tried to open the photos and got a repeated "parse error". From what I can gather from the thumbnails, I'm glad I didn't wait to order my new truck! Do wish I'd been able to attend tho'. Keep it up, Ken

Rick

Old 01-10-2003, 04:35 PM
Mil1ion
New User
2004 F-150 Reveal

Click the webmasters gallery.
It is the Silver truck with the Air Induction hood

Dennis

Quick Reply: 2004 F-150 Reveal