Oil & Lubrication  

no-mor friction oil

Old 12-20-2006, 11:25 AM
bill99psd
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile no-mor friction oil

I went to a truck stop yesterday and saw this amazing demonstration of an oil additive that reduces friction in your engine, transmission, axles ect. They claim to reduce friction wear and reduce tempature. The demo I saw showed a drillbit locking up at 265 degrees because of friction. After hammering the bit free he added a small drop of no-mor friction to the heated hole, then proceeded to drill again, the tempature dropped from 265 to 165 and the bit would continue to spin but could not cut through the steel because of loss of friction and tempature. Can you imagine this stuff being in your truck, low heat and no friction=increase fuel mileage, more power and less wear and tear. Has anyone ever used this stuff?

Old 12-20-2006, 11:54 AM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would want the drill bit comparison to be don't oil versus oil. Any oil will lubricate. the demonstration you saw just proves that oil is slippery. That would be like comparing my engine running with oil then without oil. without oil metal to metal contact start to weld together.

Old 12-20-2006, 02:13 PM
bill99psd
Freshman User
Originally Posted by tjbeggs
I would want the drill bit comparison to be don't oil versus oil. Any oil will lubricate. the demonstration you saw just proves that oil is slippery. That would be like comparing my engine running with oil then without oil. without oil metal to metal contact start to weld together.
The reply isn't logical. Heat and friction wear metal down because of friction. If an oil has so much lubrication that friction can't becaused then the engine would be protected from friction and heat build up. As you say the oil is slippery would not account for the drillbit not being able to drill through it. They did compare to some other oil additives and the bit locked up at 265 degrees. With this additive the drillbit could not get enough heat or friction to continue drilling. To me that is good no friction or wear. Just wanted to find information about it. Thanks Bill

Old 12-20-2006, 02:57 PM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oh I thought they were comparing a dry drill bit to another one with the no-mor friction oil. so not comparing apple to apples. So they did compare other oils to the no-mor friction stuff.

Sorry I didn't understand that part. as far as info ont he oil I have never heard of it.

Old 12-20-2006, 04:30 PM
misterfisher
Tuned
I wonder if they have an API cert. If it is so damn good, I'm sure they have.

Old 12-20-2006, 07:34 PM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Can it compress to graeter than 3000psi without airating?

Old 12-20-2006, 07:41 PM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 778 Likes on 594 Posts
Did he put a new drill in the chuck or just try and continue with that blunted one? One could duplicate that result with any type of oil that way.
Proper use of a drill bit on metal is to lubricate it with oil so that it won't seize.

Old 12-20-2006, 07:43 PM
YellerMax
Senior User
Yeah--speaking of not comparing apples to apples (though I detest cliches in written word...)

A drill bit operates under wildly different parameters than a diesel engine. The speed of the bit, atmospheric conditions, the types of metal, and so on. I understand not everybody keeps a spare diesel engine handy for cheesy demonstrations, but keep a healthy skepticism

Old 12-20-2006, 07:45 PM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
This thread would be better suited in the lubrication forum so I am going to move it.

Old 12-20-2006, 08:50 PM
OSin86
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by bill99psd
the tempature dropped from 265 to 165 and the bit would continue to spin but could not cut through the steel because of loss of friction and tempature.
If it was the same bit it wouldn't move because it toast! LOL

Trust me, you saw a magic show. You could have the best lube in the world on a bit and if it's still sharp it will drill through freezing steel.

Old 12-20-2006, 09:08 PM
bruce381
Senior User
what you saw are high EP oils used as cutting oils they will lube great and reduce heat BUT ALL OF THEM will cause rust and corrosion aswell as reduce the TBN (acid nutralising additve) in your oil better for youe engines life to use "correct" oil.
bruce

Old 12-20-2006, 11:46 PM
pawpaw
Received 73 Likes on 71 Posts
You should have put some common chlorine bleach in the drill hole & compaired it, you might have been surprised, then again, maybe you should have ask for a copy of his MSDS!!!!! lol

Engines produce very little heat from friction, most of the heat comes from the combustion process, conducted to various parts of the engine.

The engine also needs a cerain amount of heat to work efficiently, but then the otto cycle gasoline engine isn't now very efficient, no matter what you lube or fuel it with!!!!! Maybe some day when we can have a ceramic engine, that'll take the heat, then watch er smoke!!!!!

Old 12-21-2006, 12:13 AM
bill99psd
Freshman User
Great forum, thanks for moving to lube section where I am getting a lot of feedback. I to am leary about putting anything new in the engine that may cause damage. I love my truck and my diesel cost to much to replace thats why I am asking for any information on this oil product. Thanks again everybody!

Old 12-21-2006, 12:18 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
I'm a big fan of the KISS principle.
Just regular oil changes with the proper oil and filter.

Old 12-21-2006, 08:19 AM
bill99psd
Freshman User
He used the old bit and when you think about it a dull bit can't cut thru melted butter.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: no-mor friction oil