Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > North Carolina Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:ncheavymetal

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-19-2006, 07:40 PM
Senior User

Desertwolf is starting off with a positive reputation.
Drag link?

Hey everybody,
You guys keep talking about nobody being on here so I guess I'll start asking questions. In the front there is a bar that has grease fittings that is part of the steering and I think its the drag link....maybe!! Anyhoo, the main grease fitting in the middle of the bar has blown out, my question is do I have to replace the whole bar and if so how much of a pain in the a$$ is it?
Old 12-19-2006, 08:04 PM
Post Fiend

SuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to behold
Are you talking about the zerk fitting? If so you can get one from the parts store and put it in if it's not stripped.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:33 AM
Senior User

a11budman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey Now,

You can get oversize zerk fittings that will stay in place if the hole is
striped out....The rubber boot is also available....

It's not real hard to replace the Drag link....Truck would need a Front end alignment....
Old 12-20-2006, 05:33 AM