6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

New Superduty In Production

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 09:51 PM
carm_scaffidi
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SpeedE55
Thanks! I am looking forward to getting it. It'll be nice to have a 38 Gal tank for starters. I haul my cars around ina 28 ft trailer, so this will be a great tow vehicle. Looking forward to some road trips in it!
I just got (well a few hours ago) informed that my build sheet is ready to be finalized. I am going into the dealer tomorrow morning for that I'm getting basically the same truck as you ordered. I have not finalized the colour yet, its either (LARIAT TWO-TONE) Dark Shadow Grey Clearcoat Metallic/Black or (LARIAT) Red Clearcoat. It also seems we have another thing in common, what we use our trucks for. You know they say size matters though, my trailer is a 50 foot gooseneck living quarters with attached garage Anyway its good to see that others are using these trucks for what they were meant for. Enjoy, I know I will.

Old 12-20-2006, 10:02 PM
SpeedE55
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
carm- I was going to get the KR, but I like solid colors (no two tone) so I opted for the Lariat fully loaded....I can live w/o the brown leather interior. Your 50 footer is sweet w/ the living qtrs.....always wanted one of those for long hauls....My next trailer will be 3 car stacker now that I'll have the F450. When did you order yours?

Old 12-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Duanne
Junior User
Bumper with winch

Originally Posted by ballbandit
Not sure but will look and see what i can come up with
I have an aftermarket bumper with 16.5 winch on my 05. Do you know if it will fit on the 08? Did they change the bumper supports?

Old 12-21-2006, 11:59 AM
ballbandit
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Duanne
I have an aftermarket bumper with 16.5 winch on my 05. Do y
ou know if it will fit on the 08? Did they change the bumper supports?
Not sure will look and see. they did chage bumper but not sure about the way they mount.

Old 12-21-2006, 12:03 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Now ballbandit is swamped with questions. Hey hats off to the Kentucky truck plant an the great trucks they produce. I have a 2003 PSD. AWESOME is all I can say. Its been a great truck for me. Is there any other truck but a Ford. Nah there all imposters. Ford is the only real truck out there. Cant wait to see the new truck at the dealer. Looks awesome so far.

Old 12-21-2006, 04:17 PM
powerdog
Junior User
wait till you see the HP #'s that will be released before long. There are some ford tech's that already know the HP rating but are not allowed to give it out from what I just heard. It is over 360HP.

Old 12-21-2006, 05:52 PM
carm_scaffidi
Junior User
carm- I was going to get the KR, but I like solid colors (no two tone) so I opted for the Lariat fully loaded....I can live w/o the brown leather interior. Your 50 footer is sweet w/ the living qtrs.....always wanted one of those for long hauls....My next trailer will be 3 car stacker now that I'll have the F450. When did you order yours?
I am so glad you commented on the color that is what I was hoping you would do. I am going with the (LARIAT) Red Clearcoat. I have already had 2 black trucks a 2005 f250 PSD CC shortbox which was traded for a 2006 f350 PSD CC longbox. I ordered my truck today

A 3 car stacker, wow please post pictures when you get it. I have included a link to pictures of our trailer. It was posted by my Wife (Toycar 1) if you browse that site at all and see a user with the name (cavlino) that is me
http://www.trackpedia.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6367&postcount=1

Old 12-21-2006, 08:23 PM
Hunter40
Senior User
Originally Posted by powerdog
wait till you see the HP #'s that will be released before long. There are some ford tech's that already know the HP rating but are not allowed to give it out from what I just heard. It is over 360HP.
What are you talking about? The HP #'s have been out for at least a month and it is not 360hp.....

Old 12-21-2006, 08:36 PM
mattebury
Senior User
HP numbers were always prelim.

Old 12-21-2006, 08:38 PM
cinebar2
Junior User
Oh Man!!

I bought my 03 last January with 28k on it. It pulls my 30ft 5th wheel almost like it isnt there. Love to hear the motor work while pulling the hills...............but now I want the 6.4. MMMMMMMMMMMM, going to take a bit of talking to the wife and accountant!!

Old 12-21-2006, 09:11 PM
SpeedE55
Senior User
I gotta say, the one thing I love about the 6.0 is the sound. I don't necessarily like the fact that the new 6.4 is quiet. I think the 6.0 sounds bad ***, especially with my CAI box and 4" SS turbo back system....I'm sure am gonna miss those sounds...........

Old 12-21-2006, 09:14 PM
SpeedE55
Senior User
Originally Posted by carm_scaffidi
I am so glad you commented on the color that is what I was hoping you would do. I am going with the (LARIAT) Red Clearcoat. I have already had 2 black trucks a 2005 f250 PSD CC shortbox which was traded for a 2006 f350 PSD CC longbox. I ordered my truck today

A 3 car stacker, wow please post pictures when you get it. I have included a link to pictures of our trailer. It was posted by my Wife (Toycar 1) if you browse that site at all and see a user with the name (cavlino) that is me
http://www.trackpedia.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6367&postcount=1
Couldn't view any of the pics without being a registered user......congrats on the order today. I'm curious to know how long it's gonna take for delivery from date of order...anyone out there have any idea yet?

Old 12-21-2006, 09:17 PM
BlueOval5.0
More Turbo
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Ballbandit,

Out of curiousity, what model and trim was the first '08 completed if you recall? There ain't nothing like getting the 1st truck off the line!

Thanks,
Eric

Old 12-21-2006, 09:49 PM
ballbandit
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
From what i am told the hp #s are 350hp and 650 tq. Right now the ship date is mar 1 but i was in a meeting last night and was told that they are trying to get the ok to ship on jan.9.As soon as i hear something i will let everyone know. The first truck came off the line when i wasn't there but to my knowledge it was a cc dually that was the red white and blue one that is going to be raffled off for charity.The 6.4 is a realy quiet engine and has a sound of its own when stepped on. I am real curious what one would sound like with a straight pipe.I am the kind of person who can't leave anything stock. Tonight i saw a 450 cc with a bed and from a distance it looked like a 350 except for the wheels being bigger,really looked sharp.As far as the bumper mounting the same i didn't have time to check.Won't be back to work until jan.2. The frames are alot better now that they don't have the wax on them and are now powdered coated.Nice!

Old 12-21-2006, 10:17 PM
carm_scaffidi
Junior User
Couldn't view any of the pics without being a registered user......congrats on the order today. I'm curious to know how long it's gonna take for delivery from date of order...anyone out there have any idea yet?
I created an album on webshots that you should be able to see, I hope
http://rides.webshots.com/album/556542654FDVcQm

Quick Reply: New Superduty In Production