Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-08-2006, 08:09 AM
Freshman User

cwgu3 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Peanut Oil

My neighbor has 10 gallons of peanut oil he used to fry up a couple of thanksgiving turkeys, Ive been thinking about putting it in my tank and mixing it with diesel next time I fill her up. Is that a good idea or not? I can get more from him when they do a fish fry at his church if this works. Or should I try and do some kind of oil refinery, biodeisel thing in my back yard? Im confused.... Ive read that these things were intended to run on peanut oil when they were invented. I live in Florida My truck is a 1999 with a 7.3
if that helps.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:43 AM
Postmaster

mongo75 is a name known to allmongo75 is a name known to allmongo75 is a name known to allmongo75 is a name known to allmongo75 is a name known to allmongo75 is a name known to all
danny jones
I haven't made a batch of bio myself, but from what I've read, it's not all that great to run unprocced oil in your truck. Reason being is that as thick as that stuff is, it will over time cause failure of your lift pump and eventually your IP. Even if you mix it with diesel, it will still separate as they are different specific gravities.
Danny PAA member #12
SoCal Chapter Member
E99 F-350 Dually Van turbo 4x4 CC LB 7.3L, AFE intake, 3 gauge pillar, 4" Magnaflow SS str8-pipe, DP Tuner, Swamps 175/146 SS inj, ARP head and bottom studs, Comp 910 springs, ITP Ovrbst, CCV mod, SS HPX, home made Reg-return, Foil Del, ZooDad, Air Horns 320hp/704tq
Old 12-10-2006, 07:45 AM
Senior User

jeep1947 is starting off with a positive reputation.
CW if you have access to the used oil on regular basis you need to build a processor and make bio it is much better for your truck. Look on this forum great guys and everyone will help you. Also since you live in FL you can probably run B100 year round. There are good plans on here for a appleseed proccesor. Not complicated. With FABMANS mentoring I got my processor up and running a few weeks ago. I make 50 gallons at a time and dri wash with MAGNASOL.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:20 AM
Senior User

superpony18 is starting off with a positive reputation.
go to biodieselcommunity.org they describe a small batch method (the Dr. Pepper method) that works good. I have been making a gallon a weekend till I get my processor
2001 F-250 CC, LB, 4X4 7.3L/Built Auto/Warn hubs, 6637, straight pipe, HPX, Bully Dog 4 bank chip, WW, Triple pillar gauges, pre pump and intank, external tranny filter, boost tube, 45K lb. tranny cooler, 4"to 5" stacks, ebpv delete

1954 F100 - in pieces, currently porting heads
Old 12-10-2006, 09:20 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels

Tags
ford, oil, peanut