Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Utah Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Utah Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wooddyusa

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2006, 10:12 PM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

a-rod is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.a-rod is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Best Dealership (Northern Utah)

Hey guys, Im in Rock Springs, Wyo. Not to far from SLC or Ogden, Just kinda curious as to the best dealership to get my powerstroke worked on in SLC or Ogden. I wanta get the latest flash and my turbo checked out. I dont really trust my local dealership to do it. Thanks for any suggestions.
Adam. Collision Tech. 2002 7.3 80,000 miles. DP-Tuner, Riffraff FRX - AIH delete, HPX. wicked wheel. 6637. banks power elbow-4inch exhaust. CCV. Foil delete. 6.0 trans/intercooler. Isspro gauges. True-Trac, 2008 mirrors, tailgate, taillights, bumper, diff cover.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:26 PM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

sltrrco is starting off with a positive reputation.
Try Henry S. Day Ford on 3899 S Redwood Rd. or LaPoint Ford on 5500 S. State. Say away from King Larry Stealerships.

2004 Ford Excursion V-10 6.8L. SOSC EFI, 3.73 Non-limited Slip Rear Axle, 137" Wheelbase
Old 12-06-2006, 10:10 PM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

utahtom has a good reputation on FTE.utahtom has a good reputation on FTE.
a-rod, My 03 6.0 had service at Willey in Bountiful and Westland in Ogden. Both were very good. Also, several friends go to Ed Kenley in Layton and report positive experiences. FWIW My 06 has nearly 20,000 miles (many towing a heavy load) and has never had been in the shop for a repair. Perhaps you should call around and see what kind of response you get from the service writer when you explain your reason for driving from Rock Springs-

There is one guy at Willey that was one of the first certified 6.0 techs in the country. Top of the line guy/Excellent tech named Brett. He worked on my 03 in early 03. I ran into him and talked briefly earlier this year when I was there buying a company vehicle. If I had a serious issue he'd be the guy that I would want to work on my 6.0PSD. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me. Good luck

Last edited by utahtom; 12-06-2006 at 10:14 PM.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:57 PM
Junior User
Garage is empty, add now

OldSHO is starting off with a positive reputation.
I would go to Henry Day on redwood road, They are very helpful, I had a 89 taurus SHO and took it to Lapoint ford, They wouldn't honor the seat belt recall on it. So I really don't like lapoint for that one reason. I have delivered parts to Willey Ford for Bountiful Mazda and the were pretty friendly. But Henry Day Ford has been more than happy to do any thing that I ask on my 03 powerstroke, even up grade the computer with no cost to me. And they have always explained what they have done on my truck.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:41 PM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

a-rod is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.a-rod is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thanks alot guys! I may call a couple of these to see what they say.
Adam. Collision Tech. 2002 7.3 80,000 miles. DP-Tuner, Riffraff FRX - AIH delete, HPX. wicked wheel. 6637. banks power elbow-4inch exhaust. CCV. Foil delete. 6.0 trans/intercooler. Isspro gauges. True-Trac, 2008 mirrors, tailgate, taillights, bumper, diff cover.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:05 PM
Postmaster
Garage is empty, add now

CobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to behold
Henry Day for me also. They are the only dealership I will let touch my rides. Parts department is great also.

I had a bad experience at LaPoint, but it was more personality problems with the Shop Manager and Parts Manager than it was their work - they didn't get the chance to do any work for me because of the remarks they made to me.

When you can't buy what you want, build what you want.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:56 PM
Senior User
1978 Ford F-150

vtjvt is starting off with a positive reputation.
look up gillett(sp) diesel, they are by far better than any dealer in the area.

Lapoint sucks, as does henry day. I can check your turbo for you free, send me a PM if interested.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:56 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Utah Chapter

Tags
day, dealer, dealers, dealership, department, ford, henry, internet, northern, parts, truck, utah, v10