Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-02-2006, 08:38 PM
Senior User

bio-d is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question SVO heater line size?

I'm installing a Plant Drive SVO kit in my 87 6.9, using a 26 plate heat exchanger, Vormax filter/water separator and a 10" Hot Fox oil pickup.
They normally use 3/8" hose teed into the heater hose. Have any of you used 1/2" hose in your installations? I expect to be driving in very cold weather.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:15 PM
Senior User

willbd is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a kit from Greasel that uses ˝ inch lines. The system is a hose on hose with a transmission cooler used as the heat exchanger is the front tank and a Racor 6120 with heater installed in the clear filter bowl. Filter on my 95 powerstroke. I added an arctic fox mid ranger inline fuel warmer to the standard kit from Greasel. I would recommend you checking out the arctic fox fuel heaters.
I have had no fuel related issues with this setup.

Note: Greasel changed their name to Golden fuel system.

http://www.goldenfuelsystems.com/pro...stems_ford.php
95 F350 SC PSD Auto 4.10 Pro-Tech Aluminum Flatbed with side boxes AutoMeter Transmission and Boost gauges 6637 Filter mod 160K miles B&M 24K Transmission cooler Diamond Eye stainless steel exhaust 2 tank WVO

Bryan Will
Old 12-02-2006, 09:41 PM
Senior User

bio-d is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks Willbd. I wasn't sure if all the restriction of the heat exchanger would negate the larger hose size.I saw some of the more advanced Hot Fox tank pickup heater units after I had already ordered mine. They are similar to the basic coolant in- coolant out and fuel out units like mine except they have a fourth connection to connect to an external heat source.
I have another question: Where's the best location for my fuel temp sensor?
I have a Vegtherm just prior to the IP. I was going to put it just after the Vegtherm.
Mike
Old 12-02-2006, 10:39 PM
Senior User

willbd is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have don't have a fuel temp sensor on my system. I switch over when the engine gets up to temp. I have checked the fuel temp with a thermometer and my fuel is @ 165 F down stream of my arctic fox heater. This is before the fuel enters the 18 feet of greasel hose on hose fuel line.
95 F350 SC PSD Auto 4.10 Pro-Tech Aluminum Flatbed with side boxes AutoMeter Transmission and Boost gauges 6637 Filter mod 160K miles B&M 24K Transmission cooler Diamond Eye stainless steel exhaust 2 tank WVO

Bryan Will
Old 12-02-2006, 10:39 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels

Tags
arctic, diameter, fox, heater, midranger, svo, tube