New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

not enthused anymore,no interest

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 05:10 PM
matt h
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not enthused anymore,no interest

there are SIX STATES represented by the new england region,and you mean to tell me that out of all the people in those six states,there isnt enough interest to keep this site at the very least boring !!!! Iwas the last person to post a topic,and that was almost two months ago ?you guys should do the webmaster a favor and close down the ct,and newengland regional portals and save the webmaster some time and money,because the sites are dead,the horse just hasnt fallen over yet. if you people are truly enthusiasts then prove it. matt h

Old 12-01-2006, 03:46 PM
atomicglock
Senior User
Hey Matt.
I'm kinda new here but I'm interested. Unfortunately my work schedule conflicts sometimes. Ask stbrem, he knows me and knows where I work. I wanted to be there in August but, again, I had to work. And the fall meet was supposed to happen on the day before I was slated to fly out to TX. I really liked the idea of a camping trip this summer. I hope we can keep this going. I'll be checking in.

Howard

Old 12-01-2006, 04:39 PM
stbrem
Senior User
I too would like to see something big happen this coming summer(camping or whatever). I'm not sure why it has gotten so dead around here lately. Where is everyone?

Old 12-01-2006, 05:19 PM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
I am here, but I think the problem is no one is making any definite decisions.

When there is a meeting, it gets bounced around so much as to where and when I never know the final out come.

My son and I went to 1 meeting back in the spring and only stbrem and sglaine were there...

There needs to be more than a handfull of people to make it interesting...

I know everyone has work and family commitments, but we need to see some action to keep the thing going.

When I was a leader for the scouts we found it works best to have a definite date and time for meetings..

Why not set the 1st Sunday of every month (or every other month) as a get together time.. Then at least everyone would know there would be a get together.

We could start the new year off right.

Just my 2 cents

Old 12-04-2006, 11:42 AM
7283-F250
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by donjamer
Why not set the 1st Sunday of every month (or every other month) as a get together time.. Then at least everyone would know there would be a get together.

We could start the new year off right.

Just my 2 cents
I mentioned I used to do that wit ha differant board. We did it weekly but monthy or bi-monthly would work as well.

If at least one person or a group of persons could be availabe weekely to meet as a certian, somewhat central, location than everyone would know and could show up if they were free. Having monthly would work as well but your limiten to one day instead of 4.

I've been on checking things out but haven't really had the time to post much. My job is starting to get buisier and it hase me running(ok driving) all over the state of NH.

I have also been very busy on the weekends as its my only free time durring the week to get things done. I got car projects(to keep them running and on the road) and I have all of myself for labor on trying to flip a condo.

If anyone is interested I know of a great meeting place in Salem NH. Easy to get to and can acomodate a Ford Dealership of cars and trucks. Its also out of the way. And there is some cover for rainy days.

Old 12-04-2006, 09:42 PM
blue96psd
Senior User
what sucks is that we are so spread out, like me and matt go to a meet every sunday granted i don't every sunday nor does he but i know i make the commitment of going once a month. and to be honest one set place centralized to the group has some people driving for 2-4 hrs which is rough and expensive but i am willing to meet up with a bunch of FTE guys

Old 12-06-2006, 08:46 AM
7283-F250
Cargo Master
I hear you and understand. I just mentioned Salem NH because the firthers people were driving 45-60 minutes to get there and on occasion(once a month or every other month) someone would come from ME, VT, CT or RI. But the 4 cylinders get better milage.

I was going to have a end of summer bash at my place, but one thing after another and I had no time to plan it and here it is December already. I am going to shoot for the spring though.

I had thoughts of everyone meeting at a spot and than from there bouncing around to a few off-road trails and than end at my place for a BBQ or end somewhere to just hang out. But I was talking to an old buddy and all the trails I knew about(played on in the late 90's) are closed down now.

Old 12-10-2006, 07:39 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Well how about we get together in Manchester after the holiday rush?

I about recoverd from my heart attack and ready to go. Like I have said in the past. This chapter is everyones chapter and we need ideas for events that you guys want to do.

Old 12-10-2006, 07:53 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Well how about we get together in Manchester after the holiday rush?

I about recoverd from my heart attack and ready to go. Like I have said in the past. This chapter is everyones chapter and we need ideas for events that you guys want to do.

Old 12-17-2006, 09:27 PM
downhillpat
Elder User
Awkward...The dealer I work at is right down the street from that hooters, and so is NHCTC manchester...ford school...I work saturdays and get off @ 3:30-4:00...And most of the guys @ school drive Fiddys...I don't know about you guys, but I want some freakin wings....(Ouch...Tommy Boy flashback..."Tommy want wingiieees!!!" Good movie....)

Old 12-18-2006, 08:29 AM
7283-F250
Cargo Master
dp -- so your saying have the hooters thing at or after 4pm......

How does the 6th or 13th of Jan sound to people??

Sean told me he wanted to get a Hooters thing going for after the Holidays. Is this too soon?

If someone brings a ford logo I'll put it on the last car in my sig so I can fit in . After all its at least 2% Ford now. some missing or lost bolts(and other pieces) were replaced with Ford bolts(well they came off a Ford anyway) and it's sporting a 97 Ranger CD player.

Old 12-18-2006, 09:14 AM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by 7283-F250
dp -- so your saying have the hooters thing at or after 4pm......

How does the 6th or 13th of Jan sound to people??

Sean told me he wanted to get a Hooters thing going for after the Holidays. Is this too soon?

If someone brings a ford logo I'll put it on the last car in my sig so I can fit in . After all its at least 2% Ford now. some missing or lost bolts(and other pieces) were replaced with Ford bolts(well they came off a Ford anyway) and it's sporting a 97 Ranger CD player.
Sounds good to me...Either date..

Old 12-18-2006, 05:05 PM
stbrem
Senior User
The 13th won't work too good for me, but the 6th or any other weekend would be fine.

Old 12-18-2006, 08:59 PM
downhillpat
Elder User
I'm game...I'll see if I can get get the boys n' girls to go...

Old 12-19-2006, 07:32 AM
7283-F250
Cargo Master
So it looks like the 6th is best???

Also keep in the back of your minds that I want to get a 10's meet going also. that wont be for a bit, maybe Feb . I haven't been there sence they redid the place.

Quick Reply: not enthused anymore,no interest