Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > General Diesel Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

General Diesel Discussion SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-29-2006, 10:33 PM
old enough to know better

gb'sfx4 has a great reputation on FTE.gb'sfx4 has a great reputation on FTE.gb'sfx4 has a great reputation on FTE.gb'sfx4 has a great reputation on FTE.gb'sfx4 has a great reputation on FTE.
blown intercooler hose

my 03 6.0 has blown the hose off the intercooler 4 times now.
it has about 110,000m. & blows off while towing & the turbo is spooling up.
common prob. ?
Old 11-30-2006, 05:51 AM
Senior User

Bevis3 is starting off with a positive reputation.
after doing some reading, it seems to be a problem. most say to clean the parts with brake cleaner, before putting it back together.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:53 AM
Postmaster

blackhat620 has a great reputation on FTE.blackhat620 has a great reputation on FTE.blackhat620 has a great reputation on FTE.blackhat620 has a great reputation on FTE.blackhat620 has a great reputation on FTE.
gb'sfx4,

It is a common problem in an over-boost situation. Sounds like the vanes may be sticking (common on the older designed turbo) or one of the senors is bad that controls the VV turbo.

You will probably need to take it in and have the tech test it to diagnose the problem and fix it. On a side note this question will get a larger response in the 6.0 section a couple of forums down.

Hope this helps

06 F350 CC SB 6.0 4x4, Suburban Ford (Thanks Ernie )
“... there is no shame in not knowing. The problem arises when irrational thought and attendant behavior fill the vacuum left by ignorance.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Old 11-30-2006, 11:01 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Parts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud of
are you talking about the small hose about 4in long?

if so Ford has updated the part number for a new type hose

part number 6C3Z6C640B List $49.65 FTE $35.78

this might fix the problem. I have one in stock.

Ed
Old 11-30-2006, 11:26 AM
Postmaster

BowTieHatr has a very good reputation on FTE.BowTieHatr has a very good reputation on FTE.BowTieHatr has a very good reputation on FTE.
you are probably over boosting like blackhat said. becareful, to much boost and bye bye headgaskets.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:22 PM
New User

ANG&STEVES F350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had my charge air hose clamp fail last week while towing. This was a week and 200 miles after the dealer had perfomed two TSB's one of which required removal of the turbo. I limped back to the dealer after dropping my trailer on the side of the road. Left after repair very unhappy as they insisted that I pay the $100 deductible even though they had just put all these parts back together. My thought was that since it was connected to the turbo it should have been covered under the emissions warranty not the powerstroke warranty... In addition since they had just worked on it I would have expected them to fix it and get me back on the road for nothing... Customer Relations??? Found a new service center that only sells and works on Ford Trucks...

The parts cost less than my deductible... 1 5C3Z-6C640AA hose and 2 6C62Z-6K786-AA clamps...
Old 11-30-2006, 04:35 PM
old enough to know better

gb'sfx4 has a great reputation on FTE.gb'sfx4 has a great reputation on FTE.gb'sfx4 has a great reputation on FTE.gb'sfx4 has a great reputation on FTE.gb'sfx4 has a great reputation on FTE.
yeah, it came apart at the rubber coupling and was quite oily
I cleaned it up and added another hose clamp
it held even pulling a couple of steep grades
don't have a boost gauge, yet !
Old 12-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Senior User

djousma has a good reputation on FTE.djousma has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANG&STEVES F350
I had my charge air hose clamp fail last week while towing. This was a week and 200 miles after the dealer had perfomed two TSB's one of which required removal of the turbo. I limped back to the dealer after dropping my trailer on the side of the road. Left after repair very unhappy as they insisted that I pay the $100 deductible even though they had just put all these parts back together. My thought was that since it was connected to the turbo it should have been covered under the emissions warranty not the powerstroke warranty... In addition since they had just worked on it I would have expected them to fix it and get me back on the road for nothing... Customer Relations??? Found a new service center that only sells and works on Ford Trucks...

The parts cost less than my deductible... 1 5C3Z-6C640AA hose and 2 6C62Z-6K786-AA clamps...
I had one of those clamps fail on me too. It actually split. I was lucky, we were towing out TT home from camping last memorial day weekend, and my wife was driving separately. I sent her to autozone for a couple of 4" radiator type clamps, and put those on. I now have a couple spare ones that I keep with me when pulling the TT. That is one failure that will keep you stranded for something so simple and easy to fix.

Dave
Old 02-05-2010, 12:02 PM
New User

JESCOSALES is starting off with a positive reputation.
FORD HOSE TO TURBO (2004) #4C34-6C640-AA (NEW #6C3Z-6C640-C) NAPA #600-2972, DORMAN ALSO MAKE IT, BUT I DON'T HAVE THEIR PART NUMBER.
FORD DEALER $86.50
NAPA DEALER $40.00 (MADE IN CHINA)
YOU CAN ALSO USE A GOODYEAR RADIATOR HOSE AND CUT ONE END OFF #61128 $17.00 EACH.
THE 1ST HOSE LASTED 3 YEARS FROM FORD, THE 2ND RADIATOR HOSE LASTED 2 1/2 YEARS.
FORD NOW SUGGESTS YOU YOU HI-TEMP SILICONE ON THE HOSE AND LET IT DRY FOR 3 HOURS BEFORE YOU RUN THE TRUCK.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:45 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Parts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud ofParts Guy Wyatt has much to be proud of
WHOA! OLD POST
Old 02-15-2011, 11:43 AM
New User

4moretoyz is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JESCOSALES View Post
FORD HOSE TO TURBO (2004) #4C34-6C640-AA (NEW #6C3Z-6C640-C) NAPA #600-2972, DORMAN ALSO MAKE IT, BUT I DON'T HAVE THEIR PART NUMBER.
FORD DEALER $86.50
NAPA DEALER $40.00 (MADE IN CHINA)
YOU CAN ALSO USE A GOODYEAR RADIATOR HOSE AND CUT ONE END OFF #61128 $17.00 EACH.
THE 1ST HOSE LASTED 3 YEARS FROM FORD, THE 2ND RADIATOR HOSE LASTED 2 1/2 YEARS.
FORD NOW SUGGESTS YOU YOU HI-TEMP SILICONE ON THE HOSE AND LET IT DRY FOR 3 HOURS BEFORE YOU RUN THE TRUCK.
Great info, already saved me $, do you have the NAPA part # for the lower hot side 6.0 PS intercooler silicone hose? Thanks
Old 02-15-2011, 11:43 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > General Diesel Discussion

Tags
2004, 60, 6c3z6c640b, 6c640aa, blown, diesel, f350, failure, ford, hose, intercooler, overboost, part, repair, turbo