Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-29-2006, 08:48 PM
Posting Guru

AndysFords is starting off with a positive reputation.
Finished!!!

Well I'm finally done with my reactor, well almost, me and my dad built and welded it up, but I left him to do the plumbing with galvanized pipe and he decided he didn't need thread tape!! I stuck a water hose over in it to test out my pumps I attached and it sprung leaks everywhere!!!!!!!! And then we had to go out of town for a week, we finished last Friday, were hoping for a batch to travel on Saturday, but didn't get it. But we'll be back next Saturday and I'm sure we'll get a batch made. I am extremely excited.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:22 PM

cookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant future
f250juggernaut
Cool. I'm excited for you. You'll have to let me come look at it sometime.
79 Bronco Ranger XLT.. used be the driver, now waiting to become the project.
96 Grand Marquis LS... 25 mpg commuter
Old 11-30-2006, 06:08 AM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Good for you Andy! We'll have you smiling every time you pass a gas station yet! Pictures! We must have pictures

FABMANDELUX.

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 11-30-2006, 09:55 AM
Posting Guru

kennedyford is starting off with a positive reputation.
Show off.

I may have found a partner yesterday for my setup. I had to re-educate him yesterday the veggie is not bio and he says its costing him 1.50 to super clean veggie and run it. I enlighted him but he is a lil stuck on thinking that he can convert without chemicals. Oh well.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:23 AM
Posting Guru

Phydeaux88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Phydeaux88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
If he can really convert without chemicals buy some coal and have him use his power to make diamonds. That will actually be easier than than the VO to BD conversion.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:27 PM
Senior User

willbd is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennedyford
Show off.

I may have found a partner yesterday for my setup. I had to re-educate him yesterday the veggie is not bio and he says its costing him 1.50 to super clean veggie and run it. I enlighted him but he is a lil stuck on thinking that he can convert without chemicals. Oh well.
$1.5 just to clean WVO?
95 F350 SC PSD Auto 4.10 Pro-Tech Aluminum Flatbed with side boxes AutoMeter Transmission and Boost gauges 6637 Filter mod 160K miles B&M 24K Transmission cooler Diamond Eye stainless steel exhaust 2 tank WVO

Bryan Will
Old 11-30-2006, 06:26 PM
Posting Guru

kennedyford is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yep, I just sent him an email to come and observe our bio page here on FTE. And I emphasized both Phyd.. and Fab as the posters to read.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:55 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Aw shucks

FABMANDELUX.

Old 12-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Posting Guru

AndysFords is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well I've been busy for the past two weeks, but I think Today I got all the threads sealed and I will be busy tomorrow, but Satuday I should get my first batch made, then my dad is heading back to Arkansas Sunday, so he will hopefully have a tank for the trip! That should be the ultimate test. I ran off a blender test batch last weekend, got all my pH stuff right, so I believe I'm ready. I found a place that sells NEW oil in bulk for $1.25 a gal, I don't know if it is worth it, it seems a little high, but sure beats having to pick it up and filter it, I went to one local restaraunt and got my barrel full from the back home, and its solid white, I think the top came off at some point and they got a lot of water in it, so i'm going to have to poor it out. My dad is hauling the reactor back with him, so I'll have to wait till I get out there in a few weeks to get some pictures, unless I can do that Saturday maybe, However, Cookie, if you want to, just PM me and I will give you my dads number and you can go look whenever.

EDIT: Oh and by the way Fabman, I've been running SVO in the old IDI for several months, but I just knew that wasn't a permanent solution, plus I wanted something to run in the powerstroke. SO I'VE BEEN LAUGHING MY HEAD OFF GOING BY THE GAS STATIONS SINCE LATE JULY!

Last edited by AndysFords; 12-07-2006 at 06:54 PM.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndysFords

EDIT: Oh and by the way Fabman, I've been running SVO in the old IDI for several months, but I just knew that wasn't a permanent solution, plus I wanted something to run in the powerstroke. SO I'VE BEEN LAUGHING MY HEAD OFF GOING BY THE GAS STATIONS SINCE LATE JULY!
TOOOO COOOOL!

I still grin every time I pass one Jeep Taylor [who posts here...but not enough ] and now you! Our little biodiesel community is growing. Tom will be next....if somebody gets his drawings done............

Keep us informed on your progress, AND REMEMBER... PICTURES!!!

Old 12-09-2006, 04:55 PM
Senior User

jeep1947 is starting off with a positive reputation.
OK Fab make me feel guilty just cause I been busy with my processor. Since our conversation Thursday I have 50 gallons in the wash tank, 50 gallons in the processor with the reaction completed and another 50 gallons in the heater. Hopefully by Sunday afternoon with a little help from Junior I will have the washed bio dried and in the tank on the truck another batch in the wash and another one in the processor. Then to start the process all over again man am I having fun thanks to U
Old 12-09-2006, 06:02 PM
Senior User

Tom D is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabmandelux
TOOOO COOOOL!

I still grin every time I pass one Jeep Taylor [who posts here...but not enough ] and now you! Our little biodiesel community is growing. Tom will be next....if somebody gets his drawings done............

Keep us informed on your progress, AND REMEMBER... PICTURES!!!
Hey Don. Rome wasn't built over night. Great minds work in mysterious ways so I figure you are warming yours up for my big build. I'll be patient. Really appreciate it. Tom
Old 12-09-2006, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D
Hey Don. Rome wasn't built over night. Great minds work in mysterious ways so I figure you are warming yours up for my big build. I'll be patient. Really appreciate it. Tom

I'm going to try real hard to finish your plans tomorrow Tom. I'm working on a better way to recover the Methanol from the glycerol and biodiesel, and I'm almost ready to post it here. It will be far easier and cheaper than distilling or vacuum, and will be doable at home. I just need to finish up a couple of things here before I go to Moses Lake on Monday for the biodiesel seminar. Thanks for your patience..........................

FABMANDELUX.

Old 12-09-2006, 09:37 PM
Posting Guru

jimlj has a good reputation on FTE.jimlj has a good reputation on FTE.jimlj has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabmandelux
I just need to finish up a couple of things here before I go to Moses Lake on Monday for the biodiesel seminar. Thanks for your patience..........................

FABMANDELUX.
Hey Fab, say Hi to the family while you are there!! I have been lurking here and planning my processer build. I plan to build one when I get out of the "ice box of the nation" and move back to good ol Moses Lake. I would only be able to run bio here for a month at best with out some heavy blending w/o gelling
Bitter American clinging to his guns and religion.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:37 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels