The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

i bought a metro!!!!

Old 08-19-2006, 09:49 PM
81fordf-250
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i bought a metro!!!!

I bought a geo metro. Great gas mileage but it is basicly a chevy I hate drivning it but love the gas mileage. anybody else have this problem?

Old 08-19-2006, 10:34 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no, I enjoy my 12mpg

Old 08-20-2006, 08:13 AM
john112deere
Posting Guru
Should have looked for a Festiva. Similar vehicle, but with a blue oval on the nose.

What are you getting for milage with that? Stick or auto? I don't need a real efficient beater yet, but I may be shopping for one next year...

Old 08-20-2006, 01:26 PM
81fordf-250
Senior User
well?

My geo is an automatic I can get up to 50mpg with it if your cruising around at about 45 -55 with auto stops. other than that its around 40-45 in town and regualar roads. You don't want to run it on the interstate however. That little 3 cylinder is screaming at 70 mph. also don't plan to haul to much the max gvw rating is around 800 pounds so 4 big guys can max it out. I had 5 big guys in it one night and it was slower than a wet turd. It is a 4 door which makes the rear doors not open very far and its a little longer than a regular metro. I still like my 81 which real didn't do that bad on gas at 15 mpg stop and go traffic. I might drive it back to college next time I am home.

I am think of putting a blue oval over the geo emblem in front. they are almost the same siz and shape!

Old 08-20-2006, 02:48 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
3 cylinder? Wow what's the HP/Tq ratings on that thing? lol.

That's cool though, will definetly save you some gas! And you at least have the truck to play with!

Old 08-23-2006, 08:28 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
I know Harley makes a bigger motor

Old 08-23-2006, 10:35 PM
81fordf-250
Senior User
yep!

harley for years has mad 1200 cc engines metro's have a 1000 cc motor! 1 liter baby!

Old 08-24-2006, 04:12 PM
Nathane
Elder User
yeah, u gotta have something with good milage...

I'm buying an 89 olds tornado trofio (boyah hellanice car) from my uncle for $800... gets 25mpg in town, 30+ interstate (love that GM 3.8)

Compaired to my 10 mpg, if I drive it for 4 months, it will be paid for in gas savings alone

I did take out a loan for it, but that's another story... I want credit
~Nate

Old 08-25-2006, 12:38 PM
NA7.3LIDI
Junior User
I took a ride in my old 81 Mercedes 240D last night, 4 cylinders of asphalt tearin terror, 67 rompin' stompin' horses at my beck and call. Its stock all right, but it pushes around my 3,500 pounds of german steel with AUTHORITY! I'm always catching mopeds and bluehairs by surprise...
I was headed back from Baskin Robbins with my manly triple cappuchino blast (No cinnamon ma'am, I'll take it BLACK.) when I stopped at a streetlight. As the "D" rattled its throaty idle around me, I sipped my bold beverage, wiping the froth from my stiff upper lip, until I heard a rev from the next lane...
The howl of his motor snaped my reverie, and I looked back into the drivers eyes and blipped my own throttle (Rattle Rattle!!). As I tugged on my driving glasses and slipped on my shaded (gotta look cool to be fast and I am *damn* cool hence..) the night was split with the sound of seven screaming cylinders.
Then the light turned, I almost had him out of the hole, my four pounding cylinders pushing me at least a milemeter back into my seat, with smoke pouring from my exhaust, I'd let it and idle to long! I saw out of the corner of my eyes, a yellow snout gaining, I heard the scream of his three cylinders. He slung by me, right wheel juttering against the pavement, he flashed me a smile as his 1.1 liters of gasoline motor streched its legs. I turned off my AC to gain 10% more power and kept my foot gamely in it. Then I saw a glimps of chrome under his bumper, and knew the ugly truth.
He was running a custom exhaust! probally 1.5 into 1 dual exhaust MAYBE EVEN CUTOUTS! DAMN HIS HOTROD SOUL! The old lady passing us on the crosswalk cast a dirty look in our boy racer direction... yet I still persisted with my four churning piston singing a steady diesel song wound fully out. though only a few seconds had passed we were nearing the crosswalk at the other end of the intersection, and I heard the note of his engine change when the smile quickly faded, he missed the shift into 2nd! I rocketed by! Not ready to give up so easily he kept his foot in it revving, and I heard one wheel *almost* chirp as he finally found second and popped the clutch. We careened over the crosswalk now going at least 15 miles per hour! A bicycalist passed us, but intent on the race as we were neither of us batted an eye.
I was waiting for the first dot on the speedo to tell me to shift (real men don't need tachs). Shifting into second I nursed the clutch to keep from bogging, keeping my motor spinnin' hot and pull hard ahead! I was now trailing a cloud of stinking clutch smoke, no, wait thats diesel suit again.
He pulled slowly abreast of me, neck and neck, I shifted into third at 35 mph, a little early, but better be safe than sorry. The scream of the seven cylinders deafening all pedestrians within a 2 foot circle from the pipes. He nosed ahead as we passed 42 mph, taunting me he shifted into fourth, I stayed in third counting on my diesels ability to crank out power at higher rpms and lower gears. I was staring up the dual chrome tips of his exhaust, snarling, my cappochino forgotten as he lifted a little to take the next corner.
I saw my opportunity, counting on the innate agility of my trusty steed, I pulled wide into the number two lane and kept my foot buried in carpet. Slowly I inched around him, feeling my german diesel rolling slowly to the left as I came abreast in the midst of this gradual sweeping turn, did I mention we were both doing 44MPH?!?!?!? I felt the front start to push a little, I added power only to realize that was all I had! But, I saw the right rear wheel on the metro lift, he had reached his limit! Slowly I gained on him through the outside of the next turn passing him with ease! The metro driver beat his wheel in rage as I pased him on the outside, my P175/R14's screaming in protest as we raced to the next light. We coasted down, neck and neck to the stoplight. I tighened my driving gloves, ready for another round when the wimp meekly flipped on his turn signal and made a right, running home to mommie with his tail between his legs! MB superiority reigns!
I drove off sipping my masculine drink, awash in sheer virility, looking for other unwitting targets... Perhaps a Yugo or maybe even a Volkswagen van!

Old 09-28-2006, 03:35 PM
FarmboyAC
Senior User
AHAHAHAHa thats gotta be the funniest thing i have read for a very long time right there...... At least you beat him with a diesel too lol....

Old 11-05-2006, 03:56 PM
85Ford
Mountain Pass
Haha that's hilarious NA7.3LIDI. I just bought a '93 Geo metro from my dad. Like 81Ford said. Great gas mileage but it's a Chevy!
I'm glad it's at least a 5spd..

Old 11-05-2006, 09:46 PM
osbornk
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 85Ford
Haha that's hilarious NA7.3LIDI. I just bought a '93 Geo metro from my dad. Like 81Ford said. Great gas mileage but it's a Chevy!
I'm glad it's at least a 5spd..
Nothing Chevy sells or has sold (since the Chevette)smaller than a Cavalier/Cobalt is a Chevy. They only have a chevy nameplate on them. It will actually be a Suzuki, Toyota or Dahatsu (?). The base model Metros were 3 cylinders but the "fancier" models had 4 cylinders.

Old 11-05-2006, 09:52 PM
85Ford
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by osbornk
Nothing Chevy sells or has sold (since the Chevette)smaller than a Cavalier/Cobalt is a Chevy. They only have a chevy nameplate on them. It will actually be a Suzuki, Toyota or Dahatsu (?). The base model Metros were 3 cylinders but the "fancier" models had 4 cylinders.
The Geo metro is pretty much a Suzuki Swift.
In '93 they had a 4 cylinder in a Metro? I thought they didn't start putting those in and tell like '95 or something like that..

Old 11-10-2006, 01:23 PM
Daniel5.0
Senior User
Festiva was made by Kia...

Old 11-24-2006, 06:18 AM
darrin1999
Posting Guru
i still miss my fiesta... now theres a car... 35 mpg in town, 110 mph top speed, 1.6 liter 4 cylinder 4 speed.
some early metros had .9 liter 3 cylinders... my friend has one that has a 1.1 liter 4 cylinder... the big one
now if only my 1978 ford f250 4x4 with a 460 stroked to 545 could get that kind of mileage, id so drive that all the time

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: i bought a metro!!!!