1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

Wood Dash Kit came in today!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 04:25 PM
snowbilt
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Wood Dash Kit came in today!

Just opened my kit for the gator and very impressed. I went with Sherwood brand kit and it is pretty much as advertised. First the color match is UNBELIEVABLE it is exactly as promised that was my main concern. I went with the synthetic kit from the advice from my trim shop and the place I purchased it at. The real kit is not only more expensive but since it is real wood the staining may not match extactly. I got the 36 piece kit and probably won't use it all, their are some pieces that may take it overboard. The only thing that is disappointing is from the pictures you see all over the internet, ebay, etc etc the cover for the radio has a place cut out so the raised "NAVIGATOR" can show through. My impression from the sherwood site and all other dealer sites is they print the words in factory lettering on the piece. They print all the symbols for the things like vent open and close, headlight settings but not that. I called sherwood direct and told me they couldn't do it since it would look raised if they didn't cut out for it. My thought was you would just scrape those letters off. I am having it installed Friday and I will post pics when I get it back.

Snow

Old 11-29-2006, 10:49 AM
CuAnEm
New User
Make sure you post lots of pics!

Old 12-14-2006, 10:00 AM
snowbilt
Junior User
Update
With the cold weather and snow I am finally having it installed today. I am a little anxious to see how it comes out. My wife put a tiny doubt in my head about the match. When I fitted the pieces it was about hour before sundown. This morining when I dropped it off I had the guy bring out a piece to check. The sun was directly on the factory wood and he held it right against it and PERFECT MATCH! Very relieved on that aspect, he was also impressed since they have never use sherwood before. I will post pics "after" pics today. Figured you know what they interior looks like before.

Old 12-15-2006, 06:16 PM
snowbilt
Junior User
Hey guys got the gator back today and it looks great. I posted pics in my gallery so you can compare before and after. A couple of watch outs on the sherwood kits. First, when you order it ask for a couple extra promoter packets. He said he had to just enough to put on the curved surfaces and that is it. The main cover for the radio, be sure and center it on the piece not by the navigator letters. Other than that he was really impressed with the quality and match to the factory wood. Anyway, any comments or questions I will try to answer if I can.

Old 12-15-2006, 06:48 PM
davesexpedition
Junior User
Looks vewwy nice!!

Old 12-15-2006, 08:29 PM
AF Mezkin
Senior User
Awesome looking!!!