Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Virginia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: archtaan

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-28-2006, 11:10 AM
Posting Guru

mike L is starting off with a positive reputation.
Moving south from Maine

Hey guys,

We decided to rent first before buying a home in VA. We plan to rent for 6 months to 12 months on the coast, before buying a home west near Lynchburg. I'm on disibility so we can rent anyplace. Our budget is $1000.00 for a 2 bedroom, bottom floor apartment, with a washer and dryer in unit. We have 2 younger kids (7 and 4), we need a play ground in the back yard. We also have two cats. Apartment should be on a back road away from traffic.

What quiet and crime free towns and/or apartments should we look at, while we travel to VA beach area in Feb.?

What does it cost for heating and electric for a 1000 sq ft apartment on the VA coast?

Thanks again for any info.
Mike
Old 11-30-2006, 09:37 AM
Senior User

Rocket Racing is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mike

Let me know when you get ready to come to Va. Beach & I will be happy to show you around & give you some feedback on area's to live in the Va. Beach area.

I heat 2500 Sq Ft for an average of $160-$180 for Nat. Gas in the winter, that drops to $60 in summer (We use lots of hot water)

Electricity is Avg.$ 60 in the winter, $160-$200 in the summer due to the a.c.
We are home more than the average & like to keep it how we like it so wwe do not try hard to conserve compared to some.

I am sure that you should be less than half of this for 1,000 sq. feet.
There are a number of places here that include heat in the monthly rent.
Usually, the climate is pretty mild here, especially compared to Maine, so you wll probably be like me when I first moved here, wearing shorts in January and calling it summer !

Last edited by Rocket Racing; 11-30-2006 at 09:44 AM. Reason: add info
Old 11-30-2006, 09:37 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Virginia Chapter