General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

why are they so mean to dogs?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 07:48 PM
Greg 79 f150
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why are they so mean to dogs?

A woman posted today on the golden retriever dog forum where my wife hangs out, that her golden retriever dog was shot yesterday. Her and 2 other couples were walking their golden retreivers on a closed golf course, located by a residential neighborhood close by their homes. As their dogs were running ahead a bit, they heard gunshots break out...

As they ran to get the dogs, all three dogs were being shot by two teens with scoped rifles. They kept shooting them, even as the owners ran up and tried to get to the dogs..

The two 18 year old males told the police they did it because their parents were mad, because they had closed the GC for the winter. Can we say BS ?? One dog bled out and died, two survived with multiple gunshot wounds. ...

And no, there is no difference in the young people of my day, than the ones of today. That is what they are telling me in the club fte room, are they right or not ??

Old 11-26-2006, 08:01 PM
rangerfan
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand what you are saying. I like dogs better than I like people. I hate to say this but the dogs should have been on a leash. My dogs are always on a leash unless I am on private property. That is still no reason to shoot the dogs, but if they would've been leashed they would be alive.

Old 11-26-2006, 08:46 PM
RocketScience
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Greg 79 f150
And no, there is no difference in the young people of my day, than the ones of today. That is what they are telling me in the club fte room, are they right or not ??
It depends.

Biologically/Socially speaking; If you believe that two intellectually challenged humans probably lack the social skills required to raise socially moral offspring - and - You believe there are more intellectually challenged humans NOW then there were back in your day, then YOU are probably right.

Old 11-26-2006, 09:34 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CRAP!!!

Those creeps were dead wrong. They destroyed life, without thinking twice about it!

And it had nothing whatsoever to do with a GOLF COURSE being closed.

- They were punks, and useless in so far as I can see - they simply took joy in a destructive behaviour.

I have no use for either they themselves, or their parents.

Last edited by TigerDan; 11-27-2006 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Language
Old 11-26-2006, 09:45 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Small furred ones, fine in your senses
Caring for those you came with
Loving of life - rife with potential
Struck down in this way...

Rampant in your JOY!
Forgiving in your ways!!!!
Done to this, in that way....
I will remember you

~Greywolf

Old 11-26-2006, 10:02 PM
polarbear
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by RocketScience
It depends.

Biologically/Socially speaking; If you believe that two intellectually challenged humans probably lack the social skills required to raise socially moral offspring - and - You believe there are more intellectually challenged humans NOW then there were back in your day, then YOU are probably right.
Exactly.

Old 11-26-2006, 11:48 PM
thefarelaneman
Posting Guru
Be glad that they were 18, Now they can suffer the full penalty of the law and wont be protected because of their age. They should be prosecuted for damages, and mental distress and made to pay.

Old 11-26-2006, 11:52 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Originally Posted by rangerfan
unless I am on private property. .
the Course might be private property

Old 11-27-2006, 12:31 AM
thefarelaneman
Posting Guru
what does that have to do with it.you still cant shoot animals like that, not even your own

Old 11-27-2006, 09:01 AM
ag-ford-4x4
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hmmm....now before i get flamed, let me play devil's advocate.

Are these kids really any better than those who go out hunting for pure fun or sport? I emphasize FUN AND SPORT, not to include hunting for those who take the meat. I mean for those who hunt for trophy. In my oppinion, they are no better.

Somehow it always seems worse because it happens these dogs were someone's pets and family members.

Old 11-27-2006, 09:30 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
There are better ways to handle it than just blatantly shooting the dogs like that. If they aren't to be on the course, you take it up with the owners. They don't want to listen, you take it up with them through the law for trespassing or such. The kids could well be in trouble for reckless endangerment, shooting in the direction of the people intentionally. Yes, the dogs were out front, but all the same, it was in the general direction of the people as well. The dogs were doing no harm, so it is not legal to just shoot them like that.
In regards to the sport hunters, it is different. Those that shoot to just shoot something are a worthless waste of air. I have no time for anyone who shoots something for the simple purpose of doing it. Hunting for the meat is different, as that is the laws of nature, and if we didn't do it, they would die in some other way, so it might as well be for a purpose. Those who shoot something for the tropy of it and leave the rest to rot are despicable as well, they can surely find somewhere to go with the meat. There are times that critters have to be killed for other reasons, like defense of another animal or person, destruction of property and spreading of disease. (the destruction of property is more directed at rats and mice...)

Old 11-27-2006, 12:01 PM
Vijay
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ag-ford-4x4
hmmm....now before i get flamed, let me play devil's advocate.

Are these kids really any better than those who go out hunting for pure fun or sport? I emphasize FUN AND SPORT, not to include hunting for those who take the meat. I mean for those who hunt for trophy. In my oppinion, they are no better.

Somehow it always seems worse because it happens these dogs were someone's pets and family members.
I agree, I was in MD last week and the hunting season had just opened. I heard a gun shot and before I ran to see what had happened, you can guess...This particular deer was regular visitor at a place where I volunteer...

The person who killed it told me that it was fun shooting!

Last edited by TigerDan; 11-27-2006 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Language
Old 11-27-2006, 12:13 PM
stu37d
Government Teat-sucker

As far as I know, there isn't a gentler, more friendly dog than a Golden Retriever. Man's best friend, for sure.

Small furred ones, fine in your senses
Caring for those you came with

Loving of life - rife with potential
Struck down in this way...

Rampant in your JOY!
Forgiving in your ways!!!!
Done to this, in that way....
I will remember you

~Greywolf
Great post GW!

Old 11-27-2006, 12:51 PM
NH-Hottie
Postmaster
I fume when I hear stuff like this.
Now I'm wondering. If these dogs hadn't been there, what were they prepared to shoot at. Seems to me that if they angry, they would have shot at anything.

Old 11-27-2006, 03:06 PM
andym
Post Fiend
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
Wow, this one really got my blood boiling. Good thing it wasn't me, because I would have walked over to the kid, wrestled the gun out of his hands, and shot him in the head myself.

Quick Reply: why are they so mean to dogs?