Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Canadian National Chapter British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan/Manitoba,Ontario and Nova Scotia

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-22-2006, 11:39 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

loudfords has a good reputation on FTE.loudfords has a good reputation on FTE.
Exploring Canada on vacation

So, who likes to explore different parts of Canada when they take vacation? I like seeing different places with my wife.

On our honeymoon we went to Quebec City, Alma, Chicoutimi, and Tadoussac in Quebec.

2 years ago, we went to BC, to visit my Grandma in Smithers (glad we did because she passed away less than half a year later). We took the Yellowhead highway all the way to Prince Rupert. On the way back, we took the Icefields parkway between Jasper and Banff, and then the Trans-Canada the rest of the way.

This past summer my cousin got married in Morden, MB, so we used that as an excuse to see more of Manitoba. We took Highway 11 through northern Ontario on the westbound trip. Saw some of Winkler and Morden before the wedding, then we headed up to Churchill. Well worth the trip. On the way back we took Highway 17 through Ontario.

We bought a road map of Canada and highlight the route of each trip to see all the parts of the country we've been to.

Next trip will probably be in a couple years, right now we're thinking trans-Labrador highway and Newfoundland.

Before we were married, my buddy, his family and I did a trip through the Crowsnest pass to Hope and then the TransCanada through Rogers Pass, then Icefields to Jasper and Edmonton and back down to Pincher Creek. I'll do this one with my wife someday too.

So, anyone else have memorable Canada trips?

1979 F150 351W
2003 Explorer XLT
Old 11-24-2006, 12:07 AM
New User

Mil1ion is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yep .... I do.

I wish I had a map to draw them out rather than typing about them.

There are so many.

The one thing I will mention is I have only been East on the Trans Canada to the Sask-Manitoba border.

But 20 times or so to Vancouver

I think I've driven close to 2.5M miles so far in 42 years.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:21 PM
Postmaster

Corner Gas is a name known to allCorner Gas is a name known to allCorner Gas is a name known to allCorner Gas is a name known to allCorner Gas is a name known to allCorner Gas is a name known to all
I have seen alot of Canada on my vacations. I have been from the west side of Vancouver island to Ottawa. Someday I hope to make it all the way to the east coast. This country has a lot to offer in the way of site seeing, I have been to the mountains many times and my wife and I are still discovering Saskatchewan. We try and go camping some place new every summer.
1966 Mercury F500 Still working hard
1950 F68 Flatdeck
Old 12-01-2006, 04:21 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter