Its only basic physics

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 02:42 AM
furball69
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you are right. I'm pretty sure a boiler is much more efficient than IC engine, at turning energy into work. Just a guess, but I'd say the same vehicle ecould be run with half the fuel consumption, by a liberal estimate and could probably get into the... Especially when you couple the steam generator with one of THESE

Actual modern multiple stage bladed turbines typically reach 60% - 70% efficiency. Actual volute-rotor matched Tesla-type machines of reasonable size with common fluids (steam, gas, and water) would also be expected to be around this range (if not higher).

Old 11-24-2006, 08:42 AM
aurgathor
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by thefarelaneman
THE SOLUTION IS TO BRING BACK THE STEAM ENGINE. Y0U CAN THEM BURN YOUR TRASH, RUN YOUR CAR AND COOK A NICE HOT BREAKFAST AT THE SAME TIME...WHY NOT? and dont say it would cause polution...
Ox or horse drawn carts and carriages would be much better -- if you need fuel you just graze them on the median, and all their byproducts are 100% biodegradable.

Old 11-24-2006, 12:32 PM
rusty70f100
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From page 1:
Originally Posted by rusty70f100
How about this:

Have the engine equipped with headers, which would run through a boiler. The boiler is filled with water. As the water boils due to the heat from the headers (otherwise wasted), the pressure can be used to drive a piston or pistons connected to the drive axle. It would be throttled on the same gas pedal as the engine. Or maybe it would be run into the same tank as your regenerative braking tank for even more efficiency?
Eh?

Old 11-24-2006, 01:28 PM
thefarelaneman
Posting Guru
I have another idea to solve the gas problem and also give work to all of these illegals who "just want to work".......Its called a RICKSHAW,,,,,,,,,,,,,Guess who rides and saves gas and guess who does the pulling ...........LOL A great idea I think.Used in china for many many years,

Old 11-24-2006, 02:48 PM
pud
Posting Guru
they still have them things over in Indonesia.

Old 11-25-2006, 11:42 AM
76supercab2
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pud
just to clear things up...I dont know jack about electricity, but my far fetched idea was to take a hypothetical 1watt, and turn it into a hypothetical 10kwatts. That way theres always enough power being created to continue driving the vehicle and charge its battery.

Sure, no problem. Take your 1watt, add another machine that generates 9,999 watts and you're there. Problem is, you have to feed the 9.999KW machine too. Nothing is free.

Old 11-25-2006, 12:35 PM
thefarelaneman
Posting Guru
they told us that oil came from dinosaurs didnt they?

We have always been told that oil came from dinosaurs and that has now been proven to be not true. I believe there are other things about hydrocarbon fuel that we are beings lied to about. The oil companys want the money..Big government doesnt WANT US TO FIND CHEAP ENERGY......and this applies to drugs too............The solution to cheap energy will not come from big business or the government that you can count on. It will come from people like us..

Old 11-25-2006, 01:09 PM
furball69
Postmaster
Originally Posted by furball69
... Especially when you couple the steam generator with one of THESE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0RGYqe7pLY

It's not actually 15000 RPM, but with bearings that aren't pooched and better balancing... and maybe a bit more air CFM it could be reached.

Last edited by furball69; 11-25-2006 at 01:12 PM.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:12 PM
aurgathor
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We have always been told that oil came from dinosaurs and that has now been proven to be not true.
OK, so where did the oil come from? Dinos may be a bit of oversimplification, but protein is protein, whether it's from a dinosaurus or a mammal, for the purpose of making oil.

I believe there are other things about hydrocarbon fuel that we are beings lied to about.
Please list a few.

The oil companys want the money.
Of course, who wouldn't!?

Big government doesnt WANT US TO FIND CHEAP ENERGY.....
Please provide some supporting evidence.

and this applies to drugs too.........
Apples and oranges. BTW, you don't seem to understand the concept of the 'free market'.

The solution to cheap energy will not come from big business or the government that you can count on. It will come from people like us..
How?

BTW, you might want to learn some physics and chemistry beyond the elementary level.

Old 11-25-2006, 02:22 PM
rusty70f100
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by aurgathor
OK, so where did the oil come from? Dinos may be a bit of oversimplification, but protein is protein, whether it's from a dinosaurus or a mammal, for the purpose of making oil.
From what I saw on TV, most of it came from the carboniferous era 300 million years ago, well before the dinosaurs.

Old 11-25-2006, 05:00 PM
thefarelaneman
Posting Guru
Talking

Originally Posted by rusty70f100
From what I saw on TV, most of it came from the carboniferous era 300 million years ago, well before the dinosaurs.
Yes the story about it coming from dinosaurs and being in a limited supply is 2 exzamples of my PREVIOUS statement,,,,,,,,
the lie about a supply shortage of oil still in the ground shows yes we ARE BEING DECEIVED which is the focus point of my thread.......Evidently my limited schooling as sujested doesnt matter when you Are correct!

Old 11-25-2006, 05:41 PM
pud
Posting Guru
the lie about a supply shortage of oil still in the ground shows yes we ARE BEING DECEIVED which is the focus point of my thread.......Evidently my limited schooling as sujested doesnt matter when you Are correct!
take it from an oil & gas worker, this is 110% true. Ive seen service rigs that have been around for over a decade. Ive been on drilling projects where they have been drilling into the same seam for nearly a decade...around where I live there are also oil & gas fields that have not been touched.
However, new construction is at a near stand still right now untill the new year, and next years budget come into play. New construction meaning new roads and leases for the oil rigs to drive, drill, and produce on.

Old 11-25-2006, 05:57 PM
furball69
Postmaster
This may be balderdash but when I was in the hospital there was an older fella in there that was talking to me about his days in the oil patch and said he knows about hundreds of wells that were drilled, then capped, and when the oil company figures it's worth producing from them, they will re-drill them so that they can sell the product at current prices. As it is now, the product supposedly has to be sold at the price it was at when the well was drilled.

I haven't investigated that at all so it could be hokey pokey...

Kinda makes sense though, cause when prices are up there's record breaking #'s of wells drilled, and when prices are down, they stop drilling (as much) and lay everyone off... but we still don't run out of gas.

For this to make sense, keep in mind that the 'today' spot price and the bulk price are two completely different things.

Old 11-25-2006, 06:10 PM
thefarelaneman
Posting Guru
I bet that one of the reasons we went to war with Iraq was to garantee our big business oil companys that all that oil wouldnt fall into the hands of anyone (like china) that could then cut the prices of world oil and affect their profits.Its all about profits you know. think about it,,

Old 11-25-2006, 08:10 PM
pud
Posting Guru
the main reason they drill more when prices are up, is because there is more money to spend finding and developing new well sites. Right now its not in the budget I guess...I heard something about a new tax imposed on big oil companies which might explain the "shortage" of cash flow.
There are wells that have been capped, for whatever reason is unknown to me. Ive also heard stories of some companies spending millions of dollars to go drill in some remote location, on some supposed high pressure seam...only to get some insane production for a month barely enough to break even, then have the well go dry. One thing for sure is that the closest the dicks speculating on future oil supplies have been to any oil & gas industry is at the pump.

Quick Reply: Its only basic physics