N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Real Meet

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 05:47 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Don't know anyone that is a member Jag, but I Googled their website and sent them an e-mail. Hopefully they will reply with an acknowledgement. Here is a copy of what I sent via their contact button. VVV

I belong to Ford Truck Enthusiasts, Northern California Chapter, and we are considering gathering at one of your meets. At least it has been rumored that you are going to have a meet during the first part of April. We were under the impression you are scheduling a meet at Micke Grove Park in Lodi, Ca. Is this true? We would like to come out and check out some of your nice rigs, and have an excuse to meet up with some of you guys, as well as some of the other folks in our chapter scattered about the state. Thought it would be cool, since we do have something in common with y'all. Ford Trucks.
It is rumored that you have a meet scheduled for either April 1st or April 8th. If it is the 1st, then I would be able to show up to check it out. If it is the 8th, then I will have to work and wouldn't be able to show. The rest of the guys in FTE Northern Cal Chapter would like to try to come out regardless however. Please reply to this e-mail whether you are or not having a meet, and also any other pertinent info so I can pass on the information, if any, to the rest of the folks. I hope that we wouldn't be imposing if we showed up. But we would sure like to come out and appreciate those old trucks. I've personally always liked those old 50's F100s. Work of art IMO.
Let me know. Thanks, Tim

If I get a reply, I'll post it so those who can show up can plan accordingly.

Last edited by olfordsnstone; 03-08-2007 at 05:54 PM.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:26 AM
Jag Red 54
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good job Tim. I've been leaving emails with the both the Delta and bayside groups for several weeks. No responses so far. Jag

Old 03-09-2007, 10:44 AM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe they don't want no outsiders...

Old 03-09-2007, 03:16 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Could be, but I hope not. It also could be that they don't check their e-mail, that their site is more informative than interactive. I dunno. In any case, we should still "create" a worthy cause to meet, if we don't hear back from them. But I haven't given up yet. Give 'em time.

Old 03-09-2007, 06:10 PM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
That's what I was thinking, that we all meet up on the 1st anyway whether those other Ford truck guys are there or not. We really need to have a meet and put some faces with the names, get to know each other and plan some bigger and better things. It seems like the first time is the hardest and after that hopefully we can have more frequent get togethers. But we really need to start this ball rolling...

Old 03-09-2007, 09:08 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Yeah, but Dan...first time meeting you wasn't an issue...worst part was the second time when I knew what I was getting into

Old 03-09-2007, 10:49 PM
TigerDan
Hotshot
And yet...you did it anyway. What a guy...what intestinal fortitude!

Old 03-09-2007, 10:58 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
I will put in for the 1st off, so I can drive up there. I figure that we can meet anyway even if we are the only ones there.... Now where have I heard that before?

Old 03-11-2007, 07:44 AM
jd_sylvia
Posting Guru

Little late here I need to check this thing more often..

I grew up in Lodi and MG park is nice I'm in fo it...

Old 03-11-2007, 09:29 AM
TigerDan
Hotshot
I went to a memorial service in Lodi a few weeks ago that was held at Lodi lake park. That was kind of a nice little park too, even if the lake wasn't much more than a mudhole at the time. Be a nice park for a smal GTG but I can't see it hosting a big meet like the F100s...

Some real nice parks up in this neck of the woods as well. I'd be willing to host a future meet up here if any of you were willing to come this far.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:30 PM
fastmover
Posting Guru
So, I guess the big question is do we want to meet even if the F100 club is not meeting? I am all for meeting. I want to match faces to names and figure out what we can do as a club, forum, group, gang... whatever we are called. We can also talk about the project truck and figure out its future. The more I think of it... who needs the F100 Elites? Personally, I like the F250s! Just kidding. The main point is weather permitting, lets meet up, grill some food, drink a beer or two, and get to know each
other.

Thanks to everyone who can attend.

Dan, you do live in a nice area. Maybe we can have a summer meeting up there and work on the project truck???
Karl

Old 03-11-2007, 07:51 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by fastmover
The more I think of it... who needs the F100 Elites? Personally, I like the F250s! Just kidding.

The main point is weather permitting, lets meet up, grill some food, drink a beer or two, and get to know each
other.

Karl
Ha ha ha, my feelings exactly about F250's, however I didn't want to say it.

I agree, a nice outdoor event to get together with some burnt meat, drinks, socializing, and maybe even a little of Dan's Bluegrass music, would be fun. Besides, it's all Dan' fault...
I don't know anything about the park out there in Lodi, but Lodi does seem like a nice location, regarding centrality. A nice thought is a spot out there that has a place to camp, BBQ, and a campfire. If anyone (who knows the area well) could post up some ideas for camping and/or lodging, for some of us that are coming from out of town. That would be cool.

Last edited by olfordsnstone; 03-11-2007 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

I am definitely up for a meet even if the F-100 club does not show up. It would be a great way to meet people and socialize.

Old 03-11-2007, 08:00 PM
TigerDan
Hotshot
At this point I'm planning to be there on the 1st, regardless. Unless I hear otherwise, that's what I'm shooting for. With this in mind I'm trying to take advantage of the the nice weather and get some work done on the Ranger with an eye towards driving down for the meet. It has a camper shell on the back so I have a place to crash, wherever I can find to park it. The 1st is a Sunday so maybe I'll come down Sat. afternoon...or else take the day off Monday and go home then, that part is still open...

Or, if the Ranger isn't ready yet then I guess it's the 'ol gas guzzler F250...gas ought to be 4 bucks a gallon by then, the way it's going...

Old 03-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

I won't have my Ranger by then, so I have no choice but to take the gas guzzler. I was thinking of leaving Saturday night and spending the night somewhere up there, or if that is not possible, then leave early Sunday morning. Has anyone ever been to this park before and can suggest a meeting/gathering place?

Quick Reply: Real Meet