Truck bed spray-in liners

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 07:29 PM
hammerman
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck bed spray-in liners

Any opinions on the best one? Rhinoliner or Linex?

Old 11-13-2006, 08:48 PM
ReAX
Post Fiend
I am partial to lineX, I have have it. Rhino feels too soft/mushy to me.

Old 11-17-2006, 04:40 PM
TWULFF44
Junior User
I actually used the roll on stuff. It looks and works great. It was made by Herculiner.

Old 11-20-2006, 01:06 AM
powderB28
Freshman User
I've had both Rhinoliner and LineX on two different trucks.

The Rhinoliner had more of a duller look to it but it had alot more grip, as ReAX said it softer, and it was sprayed on thicker, but that could just depend on the dealer. I have also heard that over time Rhinoliner will fad if it is constantly exposed to sunlight, not sure if that is true or not. Also I know you can get these done in custom colors but I'm not sure about that for the LineX.

As far as LineX, it seemed to be alot harder of a finish but also alot more slick. If I have something in the back and it wasn't strapped down, it would slide all over the place. This was also a thinner coat but the most important thing is that it adds protection and extended life to the bed, especially those that are beat up on daily.

On my new truck whenever I get the money to get a spray-on liner, I will probably go with the Rhinoliner. It's really about what your preference is.

Old 11-20-2006, 07:26 AM
frederic
Post Fiend
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Line-X and Rhino are both pretty good products. I know people who have used both and are pleased with the results.

Another EXCELLENT product is "Durabak": http://www.nonslipcoating.com/

I helped a friend coat his bed, rockers, and inside floorboards with the stuff and it went on easy, totally a DIY job, and is tough as nails and has a non-slip texture to it.

They'll also send you free samples, which is just really thin metal with their durabak product slathered on. Try beating, scraping, sanding the sample strip. Interesting results - none! And it comes in colors which was one of the things important to my buddy... as his truck is a dark green so he wanted a green that either matched, or was contrasting but close. He chose "Forrest Green" and it was less than $100 or so. Two of the samples they sent him were smooth, so they have non-textured as well.

I have no affiliation with durabak, just helped a friend install it and it seemed to be a good product. Easy to install, stuck to everything, etc.

I did my truck the monkey way... using rustoleum "hammered finish" black paint. It's scratched up a bit already but I haul junk and steel around several times a week and nothing is tied down.... bouncy bouncy bouncy. So I'll have to coat it every spring I guess. But, for $13, I don't mind.

http://frederic.midimonkey.com/f350-bedliner.html

Old 11-20-2006, 08:09 PM
WilliesSD250
Laughing Gas
I've tried several different liners over the years with past trucks and while the Line-X does appear to be somewhat "slicker", I'm very happy with it. All the well known spray-in liner companies are here in Anchorage. Prices are all pretty comprable.....about $450-$500 for a under-the-rail application. I spent $475 at Line-X of Anchorage. It's just a matter of what brand you want and how much your willing to spend.

Old 11-26-2006, 12:03 AM
gt350h
Senior User
I've had a few liners too. My line-x looked better after a couple years but i've had 2 from 2 different shops and they're not very thick. Plus, if you put stuff back there it will slide around. The rhino is better for sliding and thicker, but after about 6-8 months it chalks out and looks like crap. They try to sell you some rejuvinator that is a pain in the butt to put on and lasts for about a month, then it chalks out again. My newest truck has a Reflex liner. It seems to be really good. Its been a year now and it still looks good, no chalking. Also, its thick like rhino and stuff doesn't slide. I had it color matched pearl blue to match the truck and it looks awesome.

Old 11-27-2006, 12:03 AM
corniceman
Junior User
Im a reflex dealer. I spent a year and a half reserching bed liners and inded up going with reflex. Its simply the best!!! go to www.reflextruckliner.com for all the info you need

Old 11-27-2006, 10:54 PM
RangerDJB
Junior User
I had my 02 250 done in Line-X last year and I'll say that this has been the best upgrade I've done to this vehicle. I looked for along time at different brands and various ways of application. Line-X was the most cost effective for me. Sure it cost more, however an experienced Line-X installer did the job better than I could, no doubt. I'm fairly handy but this guy did a great job. Under the rails, around the wheel wells and down the center, it looked outstanding. Fast dry-time, but 48hr. cure rate...not an issue! All that and a life-time warranty, I would never attempt to install something like that by my self. Biggest selling point...a friend of mine put a Rhino Liner in his new 2004 Ram, already it has faded to grey (from black). He has numerous gouges in it from hauling and unloading gravel, and no warranty like that of Line-X. No regrets on Line-X ($) bedliner...good luck

Old 11-30-2006, 05:37 AM
Autoglass
Posting Guru
My Vote Is For LINE-X !

I threw everything At It INCLUDING a 130lb KITCHEN SINK!