Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

Pictures!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 07:31 PM
myidsucks
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pictures!!

Well today myself and a few others went out and went off-roading and took pictures in preperation for an event here in Nevada. As it turns out the original rock climb was pretty steep and only one truck could make it up, but we found a bunch more that are easy for all trucks to make- Here are some photos and links to videos of todays activities-

Here are some links to videos-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCfxtxPx0l4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7BpffipIBA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eR-Tclj98c

Old 11-12-2006, 08:07 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey thanks for the pics myid. Looks like a cool place to go messin round with the trucks. Long way from way up here though, but ya never know. Looks like fun. Keep us all posted.

Old 11-12-2006, 09:34 PM
05XLT
Senior User
It was a blast. Unfortunately, Rick (Myidsucks) had to leave early but on his way home told another guy, that was out there, about the site. We will see if that guy joins. Jose and I continued to see where trails lead to. Jose is a co-worker and soon to be member of FTE. We found some more cool areas and climbs. We are deffinately going to hold a meet there in a month or two. Once an exact date is figured out, we will let everyone know. What weekends work for you guys?

Old 11-13-2006, 12:19 AM
blackranger
New User
I had a blast.

Old 11-13-2006, 12:39 AM
priv8pilot
Junior User
Unhappy Now I am bumed out...

I came home from work Friday and told Momma I wanted her to pack the kids so we could go Take my truck out for its maiden off road voyage. She then informed me of the massive amounts of homework the kids had to do and shut down my plans. I moped around the house all weekend and then tonight (Sunday at 10:30) I see this. Where did you all go for this ride? You said only one truck made it up a specific hill? What was the problem? I need more details! I need my fix!! I need DIRT on my truck!!!
Do you think a 4X4 crewcab longbed turbo diesel could make it on those trails? Unfortunatly the truck came in at work and I had to have it. I did not think about it being to long for off roading. Shoot. If I had only looked here earlier. I would have meet up with you all.
*Sigh*
Guess its time for bed......

Steve

Old 11-13-2006, 03:45 AM
myidsucks
Senior User
well.... your truck might make it, mine probably would, but it is a stick (blue F250)- and mine is the same way, use it primarily for towing purposes.... but it was fun-

Old 11-13-2006, 01:26 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
My 74 highboy would have had those rocks for breakfast. But my 05 Diesel SuperCrew only has the 4x4 option for snowy roads. That one's for camping and towing.
The 74 is for work, exploration and play. But geez, the gas it would take to get to Vegas from up here in my play truck, these days, would put me living in a cardboard box.

Last edited by olfordsnstone; 11-13-2006 at 01:29 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:45 PM
myidsucks
Senior User
^^ Why don't you try and find a cheap trailer and tow it?

Old 11-13-2006, 07:16 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
The Super Duty with the 74 towed behind would probably get about the same mileage. But if you know of a "cheap" 3/4 ton truck capable trailer, let me know. I don't know where I'd park it, but would sure like to have one.

Now, Tonopah on the other hand might be a little more do-able come Springtime.

Last edited by olfordsnstone; 11-13-2006 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:54 PM
myidsucks
Senior User
ok- I will start looking for events to do in Tonopah- starting tomorrow-

Old 11-13-2006, 10:16 PM
priv8pilot
Junior User
4x4 option for snowy roads??

Originally Posted by olfordsnstone
My 74 highboy would have had those rocks for breakfast. But my 05 Diesel SuperCrew only has the 4x4 option for snowy roads. That one's for camping and towing.
4x4 option for snowy roads?? What does that mean? My truck has the manual locking hubs and I manually pull it into 4X4 high and low. I thought that was 4WD for rocks snow dirt mud. What is the differance?

Steve

Old 11-13-2006, 11:59 PM
05XLT
Senior User
Originally Posted by priv8pilot
I came home from work Friday and told Momma I wanted her to pack the kids so we could go Take my truck out for its maiden off road voyage. She then informed me of the massive amounts of homework the kids had to do and shut down my plans. I moped around the house all weekend and then tonight (Sunday at 10:30) I see this. Where did you all go for this ride? You said only one truck made it up a specific hill? What was the problem? I need more details! I need my fix!! I need DIRT on my truck!!!
Do you think a 4X4 crewcab longbed turbo diesel could make it on those trails? Unfortunatly the truck came in at work and I had to have it. I did not think about it being to long for off roading. Shoot. If I had only looked here earlier. I would have meet up with you all.
*Sigh*
Guess its time for bed......

Steve
We went out to a place I knew of that the turn off is about 2-3 miles south of St. Rose Parkway on Las Vegas Blvd. It's another 2-3 miles on dirt to get to area where most tof those pics were taken. We are going to be setting up a meet in about a month, to go back out there. I'll post up an exact date once we get that figured out.

Old 11-14-2006, 02:02 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by priv8pilot
4x4 option for snowy roads?? What does that mean? My truck has the manual locking hubs and I manually pull it into 4X4 high and low. I thought that was 4WD for rocks snow dirt mud. What is the differance?

Steve
Aaah, I had a feeling that would come up. Yes, it's true, I'm one of those guys who doesn't want to pay for repairs for my $45,000 truck. (I have a habbit of doing irresponsible things when I see a challenging piece of ground ahead) That's what I have the 74 for, is for work and play. My Super Duty stays on roads. Nothing more agressive than a two track road. Mostly, I justified the 4x4 option on the Super Duty for icy and snowy conditions on the highway on the way to work.
I suppose it's a matter of differing practical purposes between Southern and Northern Nevada ya know. Snow and all.

Old 11-20-2006, 11:37 PM
davethecow
Elder User
come on mike,finding a two wheel drive truck in these parts is somwhat rare,haha, but its cool you guys are willing to get your stockers out ther and do somthing.

im currantly looking for a reason to break somthing....i realy am.
i think i may have time to hit the eldorado trail or steamshovel before the snow hits.

Old 11-20-2006, 11:59 PM
davethecow
Elder User
sorry Tim about the mike,my call sign in the bird is charlie mike and the pilot is alpha mike with the co being bravo....dang civillian world.

Quick Reply: Pictures!!