Notices

Tonneau Covers?

Old 11-10-2006, 10:20 AM
jimh425
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Tonneau Covers?

I'm planning on putting some type of tonneau cover on when I'm not carrying my camper.

I ordered a Torza model from realtruck.com and received it damage, but they are really slow to replace the one that was damaged in shipment, so I asked for a credit. It seems they are slow to come pick it up and won't send me another one until they get this one.

It looks like a fork lift tong went into the box and shattered the material. The hole in the cardboard is about 6-8 inches long. This model had a hard material laminated to the fabric that was shattered. They assume that I must have damaged it myself. So, I'm assuming they are idiots, and looking at different brands. Realtruck says they'll reimburse me after the manufacturer "inspects" the cover.

Anyway, what was good about the cover is it supposedly didn't require any permanent hardware installed on the truck. You just set it down on the rails and clamp it down.

Is there another brand that you know about that works similarly? I'd like a folding top instead of a rolling model. I want it easy to remove with the tailgate up and hard to remove otherwise.

Old 11-10-2006, 02:03 PM
jimh425
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update, I sent the Torza Top people, Advantage Truck Accessories, email with a picture of the damage. They responded immediately and are building and sending me a top Monday even though they haven't received the other top. It looks like I get to go with my first choice.

Last edited by jimh425; 11-10-2006 at 02:07 PM.

Search this Thread