1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Tubeless 22.5s Found and Could Be Yours

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 04:39 AM
truckdog62563
Marmon-Herrington Man
Received 261 Likes on 215 Posts
Tubeless 22.5s Found and Could Be Yours

Right now I'm on a road trip heading to Arizona. I'm staying on back roads, and stopping in to all the yards that I find along the way. Yesterday I stopped to look at some old cars and trucks sitting along the road and struck up a conversation with the owner. Turns out he has an IH sitting nearby that's wearing a good set of tubeless 22.5s. And it sounds like he'd sell the whole truck reasonable. Even the tires look good. These, along their 19.5 brothers, have the same 5 bolt x 8 inch pattern as our old trucks and are the ideal replacements for widow maker split rims. You could buy the truck, swap its rims for your splits, then resell the truck. The truck is sitting along a back road off US 54 in southern Missouri near the Kansas border. So, if anybody's interested, private message me and I'll give you the guys name, phone number, and a full description of where the truck sits. I'd bet you can really get a good deal on this if you can tell the fellow where he can find a 56 Crown Vic builder!