1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

1956 Ford or Merc ID and looking for PARTS

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 07:43 AM
rfillion
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need some help....please!

I'm the proud owner of a 1956 Ford or Merc F-100 (purchased a week ago).

What I'm trying to find is; is this a Merc or Ford since the title say's Merc but on the truck it say's Ford all over. There's no more vin plate to be found and the title vin number dosen't make any sense (1831010TK24767).

The truck got a front clip from "I don't know what" and the seller didin't have the info; the clip was 429/C6/9" which are in great shape.

Can anyone figure out what this is with the numbers I got off the cab plate located inside the hood on the fire wall, it say's;

Style: 183B
Body No: 624E
EA EXT...06...100

I'm from Quebec,Canada would anyone know who would be the best place for body parts (need lots)or a company near by or is there a listing of store's that have these parts in the US and Canada.

I will also need the shop manuals and all the info I can get on helping me restore this Ford.

Anyone that has some good used body parts (grill-full floor-etc) for this 56 I'll be interested.

I'm just getting started so need lots of stuff.

Also does anyone know of someone in Eastern Canada that chops roof's on 56's ??

Thanking you all...this site has been great in getting me info on what an how to buy.

Old 08-06-2002, 05:05 PM
Earl
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I know Ford USA lost all its records before about 1967 in a warehouse fire but I seem to remember that the Canadian records were still available. Your best bet might be to contact Ford in Canada directly. Here's a few posts from a relevant thread (I edited them - hope the authors don't mind too much):

------------
nice59fordf100

ok i found this number that you can call about all the infomation about your ford vehicle. you give them the VIN number, and they send info in the mail with the VIN decoded, and info on options available for that model year. its great. heres the number and a website:
1-800-565-FORD (3673)

their customer assitence center website:
www.ford.ca
------------
I didn't know that info was available for older stuff. Maybe it's only the U.S. Fords, but all records for vehicles build in the U.S. by Ford prior to 1967 are gone. Those records have either been tossed, or were destroyed in a werehouse fire where Ford was storing all the older data. I've gotten the report for my '70 Mustang from Ford, it's called the "History 999" report. If there is still info for Canadian Fords available prior to '67 count yourselves lucky, us here in the US can't get that info anymore.
Gary M.
------------
nice59fordf100

well, im gonna try anyway. but i doubt i will get anything, but it might work for years over 67
------------

Try the phone number or web site - you never know what you'll find unless you give it a try!

George

Old 09-19-2002, 11:33 AM
betterdays
New User

For your Canadian supplier of f-100 body parts, you can try "Truckin Plus Fiberglass" out of Owen Sound Ontario 519-371-0579, and "Woody,s" from London Ontario 519-666-2515. Woody's is a Cdn rep for Fairlane, while Truckin Plus does all their own glass. Truckin also has a lot of steel parts, but you would be looking at doing some work. Obsolete Ford in Pickering On 905-839-8551, also has used sheetmetal. All 3 of these suppliers can hook you up with everything from fenders and boxes to engine parts and chrome badging. I have dealt with all of them and they do a great job.
Woolcock Antique Auto Parts 519-228-6060, also has repro, NOS, and used parts, but I have never dealt with him. Good luck.

Old 09-19-2002, 02:08 PM
Kenny
Cargo Master