Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Alaska Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Alaska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: bearman113

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-04-2006, 07:54 PM
Elder User

WilliesSD250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thumbs up Bed Liner....

Well, I just though I'd pass it along that I shopped around Anchorage for spray-in liners and settled on LINE-X. For a under-rail long bed only cost me $475.00 Took the truck in at 10 in the morning and it was ready at 4 that afternoon. The guy there did a GREAT JOB. I like his set-up too, he only does the liners (doesn't sell accessories and such) so there's none of that "pressure" to buy other things. If your considering a spray-in I defiently would recommend him.
BTW, I had liners done in the past by Ford and two other locations around town and the quality for $$ just can't compare.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:25 PM
Senior User

DaveAK is starting off with a positive reputation.
I know other guys that swear by the LineX liners and they have tried all the others over the years.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Junior User

Sockeye Salm is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just called Line-X bedliners of Alaska and got the $475.00 quote. I was going to have Nye Frontier do it (when my new truck gets here) but I think I just changed my mind.

Thanks
Old 11-10-2006, 02:04 PM
Elder User

Great Choice....You'll be HAPPY!!

Good choice on the Line-X. You'll like it. Buying your truck at the dealership at a good deal is just negated when they sell you other things like bedliners, starters, ect. Why spend the same amount of money or more for a bedline at signing and then wind up financing that also. Next thing you know your paying for a $500 bedline at 7.9% for 5, 6 or 7 years. Just as easy to save a few Franklins and walk into the place and get it done and leave with a terrific liner and can rest knowing it's paid for.

For what it's worth I don't know what NYE quoted you, but they told me it was like $500. I'm thinking to myself, ....Ford applied liner for $500 or LINE-X liner for $475. It really was a no brainer. Even if Ford had come in below the cost I probably would have gone Line-X. Besides I live in the Valley and it gave me a excuse to roam around Anchorage for the day
Old 11-10-2006, 02:14 PM
Elder User

Exclamation Also look at this........

BTW SOCK, if your looking for a terrific set of seat covers for your new truck check these guys out......www.marathonseatcovers.com The have a line of seat covers called "Superhides" there made out of CORDURA and are pretty rugged covers. I got a set in the Wetlands Camo for my truck and spent about $463.00 (that includes shipping). They make each set to order. You'll place your order online and within 1 or 2 days THEY will call YOU to VERIFY the order and go over it with you to make sure everything is right
These seats are much more durable that those cheesey cloth pull overs or those "other" neopreme covers. I've already spilt a 12oz cup of coffee on them and it just ran off.
Obviously from your name your an outdoorsman and are familiar with CORDURA
as CORDURA is used in lots of outdoor products.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:27 PM
Old School

arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
Heck that's like going to LA from here. Be flying into Anchorage in a few days. Ya think if I took the bed off that I could pass It of as luggage? HAAAAAA

85 XLT Bronco 351W HO 4V Dual Pipes 33X12.5 BFG's
62 Uni 390 C6 Custom Cab Sold for 9.5K
Don't just Modify it Fordify it
A Side Arm Is Like A Parachute, Tis Better To Have One An Never Need It, Than To Need One And Not Have It

Old 11-10-2006, 11:11 PM
Elder User

Just fly NAC, and put the truck in the belly.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:47 AM
Old School

arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
C130 maybe. drop it at ketchican. I could work with that. So who we got ta talk to .

85 XLT Bronco 351W HO 4V Dual Pipes 33X12.5 BFG's
62 Uni 390 C6 Custom Cab Sold for 9.5K
Don't just Modify it Fordify it
A Side Arm Is Like A Parachute, Tis Better To Have One An Never Need It, Than To Need One And Not Have It

Old 11-11-2006, 05:20 PM
Elder User

We can always use Crowely or Totem. Their a might quicker than the ferries.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:20 PM