Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series modelsSPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-04-2006, 04:26 PM
New User

flo21i99 is starting off with a positive reputation.
1994 Ford Ranger Heater problems

1994 Ford Ranger 3.0L V6 4x2 60,000 miles, manual transmission. Heater is not working, blowing cool air. Replaced heater core, thermostat, gasket, coolant and heater hoses. Question is what can be the possible problem if not any of those and if, let's just say for example, I connected the heater hoses (the ones that attach to the heater core) incorrectly does that really matter? Click the image to open in full size. Anyway what is the correct way for the heater hoses to be connected? Is it the left outlet (looking at the engine from the front of the vehicle) of the heater core to the water pump connector or is it to the thermostat connector. Which one goes where? Like I said before I don't know if it really makes a difference but if it does can someone please give me some guidance? And no, I am not really a mechanical type guy. Thanks for your help in advance

Luis

P.S. I have the Haynes repair manual but it's not really much help.
Old 11-04-2006, 05:03 PM
Posting Guru

john112deere is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'd hazard a guess that it could be the blend door, but a couple quick checks, first.

Does the temp gauge come up like it used to when the heat worked? Do both hoses going into the heater core get hot?
Old 11-04-2006, 09:12 PM
Elder User

Tiggie is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sounds like you've covered the normal bases, could be the blend door. Your will have a different design than the newer ones, though.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:54 PM
New User

John112deere,

Funny you ask that because the temp guage did not come up like it used to. As a matter of fact it barely came up at all. The heater hoses were't too hot. Not sure how hot they should get but lets just say I can grab the heater hoses and leave my hand on it without fear of getting burned. They were warm at best. Any ideas of what it could be?

Tiggie,

Where is the blend door and what should I llok for if there is a problem?

Thank you for your responses.

Luis
Old 11-05-2006, 02:07 PM
Senior User

BearMan54 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well flo21i99, that's the same way my truck acted..... Temp gauge barely moved, only warm heat, hoses not hot...... But I changed my thermostat with a Motorcraft unit & it fixed all my problems...... My gauge is mid way up and nice hot heat.....! Just maybe you got a bad thermostat...... I've seen it happen before.........

Oh yea, my old thermostat was stuck about half way open, so my engine would never get up to operating temp.....

Hope this helps.....

Last edited by BearMan54; 11-05-2006 at 02:10 PM.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:42 PM
New User

BearMan54,

A new thermostat huh? Before I do that does anyone know if having the heater hoses connected incorrectly(backward) might be a problem. If someone believes that might be the cause please let me know the proper way they should be connected so I can check out my vehicle.

Thanks BearMan54. Will see about the heater hose connection first before i try changing the thermostat.....again.

Thanks,
Luis
Old 11-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Elder User

Tiggie is starting off with a positive reputation.
I don't really see any reason for the hoses being connected backwards to affect the heat.

Since your temp gauge is reading low and heater hoses aren't getting hot, it definitly sounds like a thermostat issue.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:06 PM